1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Patience...anybody know how to get it?

Galloglas Oct 5, 2007

1. Galloglas

Galloglas knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I mean...today. Right now. Immediately. :ross:

I'm kiddin. It has come to my concious mind lately that the mean root of most of my problems in life (anger, anxiety, all that stuff) is actually my lack of patience. Like 99% of all the folks breathin' I want everything and I want it right fucking *NoW*. And when that doesn't happen I get all bent and it always gets worse and worse and all fucked up.

So, being a disciplined person by nature I have resolved to develop patience no matter what it takes.

Any patient people here with advice on a good mindset that maybe doesn't involve religion? Anybody here ever been able to develop patience?

I'd appreciate it if ya'll could snap it up a little as well...:mack:

Thanks!

Brian

2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

'Haste makes waste!' You could always try to count to 10 before making any decisions. I've been told many times that I have the patience of a saint. I think it comes from having a dog around and learning from them! :bwah:

3. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

I learned today that patience is indeed a virtue.

4. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

Patients are a bunch of people in hospital.........

Sorry, i'll go now.......:manganr:

5. dee

dee dee-lightful Lady Devil

Pretend that you have patience...convincingly...and it will take root and grow in you. :yesman:

Dr Mabuse likes this.
  6. Galloglas

Galloglas knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Ooohhh..I like that. Pretend patience. I'm good at pretending! I could get to like that "It's cool...I'm chillin" act until I actually become patient.

How long do you think it'll take? :ropeman: :bwah:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Brian

7. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I wish I had thought of that first. Its way better than my method!