1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Paragon Para-xd

deathpoop Apr 25, 2019

1. deathpoop

deathpoop JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I searched the forums for a while and could find no one discussing this knife. I bought one without really doing much research because I loved the look. I knew it was a single action but the action leaves a little to be desired. Anyone have any opinions either way with this knife?

2. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

I have several side-charging S/A OTFs including Dalton Cupid and Cupid Militia, Pro-Tech Dark Angel and Tantilla, Paragon Para-X, ATKO-10 (pre-Asheville version of the Para-X), and Estiletto, and Smith & Wesson SW1600B. On all of them, retracting the blade is both tedious and awkward and they're not intuitive to keep your fingers out of the way of the charging lever when you deploy the blade.

Some of them have trouble locking up if you don't push down on the button hard enough or if you push it too hard or if you let it go too soon. The Paragon's are in that group.