1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on ryworx omeme?

GuItArMaN8373 Apr 27, 2018

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I know a few of you posted about them before, but do you guys have a finale opinion on the ryworx omeme? I'm really liking the harpoon design and thought about picking one up the next time it drops (if the quality and flip-ability) are there.

2. Hamza Bouarfa

Hamza Bouarfa JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Man there's not much you can say about quality. I got one this last drop and there is so much attention to detail, it's insane. It feel very solid in the hand. In terms of flippablity, I'm still an amateur but it's awesome. The only thing I might say is sort of annoying is the handle bias, but that's why Ryworx sells the aluminum spacers. If you get the Omeme and the AL spacers, then there's no reason not to

3. GuItArMaN8373

Are Drops pretty frequent ? I wanna get one on next drop.

4. Hamza Bouarfa

Between the last drop and the one before that, it was a span of 2 months. You can definitely try getting one on the second hand market, but for the Harpoon blade, I think it'll be even harder

5. GuItArMaN8373

Lemme know, maybe PM me if you happen to see one around online. I got a WTB listed here and on a fb page. Id appreciate it. Plus having a Japanese bali would go great with the Maxace and Atropos.

Hamza Bouarfa likes this.
  6. Hamza Bouarfa

I definitely will if I see anything. That Harpoon blade is too sexy to resist

7. GuItArMaN8373

Yeah ...shut up.... lol.

8. Hamza Bouarfa

You know what? I think I may take a few pics of me and the omeme and just send them your way.

GuItArMaN8373 likes this.
  9. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I got one with the seax blade and it's definitely a top quality knife. The fit and finish is perfect, weight and balance are perfect, everything about it is great.

The only downside I can see is that the sheath it came with is garbage and because it comes from Japan you run the same importation risks you would with Maxace knives. Also you can't really send it in for service.

10. GuItArMaN8373

......no homo?

Hamza Bouarfa likes this.
  11. Hamza Bouarfa

:thumbup:

12. JayK

JayK Tiny Member

Like the other guy said, the quality is definitely there! Ive paid more for less before, so I feel that the Omeme is a good deal. I would like to experiment with the other spacers to see how it makes it feel, I am a novice and feel like I am more comfortable with my barebones balance, there are quite a few vids of guys who can flip really amazing with the omeme so its just me.

13. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

You better watch omeme collaboration video on YouTube ;)

14. GuItArMaN8373

Not sure. I picked up both the brass and alum spacers with the last drop. Looks like only 99 will EVER be made?

I've got tons of balis, so I wanted the harpoon simply because it's a different (and sexy) look vs all my bowie styles. I like how it's latchless but makes me always check which handle is safe before I flip, lol.

WSMaga likes this.
  15. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

I am genuinely a big fan of the Omeme.

Was part of Ryo's passaround a while back to get feedback on the proto, and I gotta say, I still miss the thing.

WSMaga likes this.