1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

One sided blade tap - benchmade 42

Nikguy Aug 12, 2020

1. Nikguy

Nikguy Little Member

So I have developed some extra handle play on my BM 42 that I fit with .015 PB washers. This play is new, and I'm not quite sure why there is play in only one direction. Like it's really tight and nice pulling one way, but super loose in the other now. I'll try to re-tighten, but want to see what you all think before I re-loctite.

Thanks!

2. Burnt Reynolds

Burnt Reynolds JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If you flip a 42 regular it will always develop some tap. You'll see that with washer system Bali in general....always be fighting an uphill battle. You can install custom fit washers and come close to eliminating the tap but in my experience it never lasts. 42 is one of those knives where you're better off getting used to some play. If you're worried about blade rub you can always wrap a lil piece of tape over that section about midway down the blade where they always start to wear.

JAM3X and apdallaround like this.
  3. Caffiend

Caffiend JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

In my experience channel balis tend to do this, the safe handle near the pivot loosens from flipping and if it’s to one side more than the other might be you flip with your dominant hand more