1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

On this day, the daily facts thread

zorro Jul 15, 2014

1. GAMBIT

GAMBIT The Protector of the Pro-Tech Brigade Member

On this day in 1939 Frankie Ford was born ( Sea Cruise )
    In 1892 Lizzie Borden was arrested. Later she was Acquitted.

Kelper and begreen61 like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Just spreading some Green to all I could .Later my friends

crogers and Kelper like this.
  3. zorro

zorro The pointy end goes into the other man Brigade Member

On this day..............

In 1735 - Freedom of the press was established with an acquittal of John Peter Zenger. The writer of the New York Weekly Journal had been charged with seditious libel by the royal governor of New York. The jury said that "the truth is not libelous."
    :yesman:

1790 - The Revenue Cutter Service was formed. This U.S. naval task force was the beginning of the U.S. Coast Guard.
    :pirateship:

1821 - "The Saturday Evening Post" was published for the first time as a weekly.
    :newspaper:

1921 - The first radio broadcast of a tennis match occurred. It was in Pittsburgh, PA.
    :50poundboombox:

1944 - Nazi police raided a house in Amsterdam and arrested eight people. Anne Frank, a teenager at the time, was one of the people arrested. Her diary would be published after her death.
    :piglet:

1954 - The uranium rush began in Saskatchewan, Canada.
    :shitshovel:

1956 - William Herz became the first person to race a motorcycle over 200 miles per hour. He was clocked at 210 mph.
    :flstfbri:

1957 - Florence Chadwick set a world record by swimming the English Channel in 6 hours and 7 minutes.
    :drowning:

1957 - Juan Fangio won his final auto race and captured the world auto driving championship. It was his the fifth consecutive year to win.
    :formulaone:

1984 - Carl Lewis won a gold medal in the Los Angeles Olympics.
    :starspin:

1984 - Upper Volta, an African republic, changed its name to Burkina Faso.
    :declare:

1987 - The Fairness Doctrine was rescinded by the Federal Communications Commission. The doctrine had required that radio and TV stations present controversial issues in a balanced fashion.
    :decisions

1991 - The Oceanos, a Greek luxury liner, sank off of South Africa's southeast coast. All of the 402 passengers and 179 crewmembers survived.
    :shipwrecked:

1996 - Josia Thugwane won a gold medal after finishing first in the marathon. He became the first black South African to win a gold medal.
    :starspin:

Kelper likes this.
  4. GAMBIT

1962 Actress Marilyn Monroe dies under mysterious circumstances.

Born today in 1930 Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon.

1926 - Houdini stays in a coffin under water for 1½ hrs before escaping.:devilzeek

Also born today:

1964 - MCA [Adam Yauch], Brooklyn New York, rock vocalist (Beastie Boys-You Gotta Fight), (d. 2012)

1959 - Pete Burns, rocker (Dead or Alive-Spin Me Round)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    crogers and Kelper like this.
  5. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Cool new posters thanks dudes, we still need more though!!!

Today In History. What Happened This Day In History

A chronological timetable of historical events that occurred on this day in history. Historical facts of the day in the areas of military, politics, science, music, sports, arts, entertainment and more. Discover what happened today in history.

Today in History
    August 5
    1391 Castilian sailors in Barcelona, Spain set fire to a Jewish ghetto, killing 100 people and setting off four days of violence against Jews.
    1763 Colonel Henry Bouquet decisively defeats the Indians at the Battle of Bushy Run in Pennsylvania during Pontiac's rebellion.
    1762 Russia, Prussia and Austria sign a treaty agreeing on the partition of Poland.
    1815 A peace treaty with Tripoli–which follows treaties with Algeria and Tunis–brings an end to the Barbary Wars.
    1858 The first transatlantic cable is completed.
    1861 Congress adopts the nation's first income tax to finance the Civil War.
    1864 The Union Navy captures Mobile Bay in Alabama.
    1892 Harriet Tubman receives a pension from Congress for her work as a nurse, spy and scout during the Civil War.
    1914 The British Expeditionary Force mobilizes for World War I.
    1914 The first electric traffic signal lights are installed in Cleveland, Ohio.
    1915 The Austro-German Army takes Warsaw, in present-day Poland, on the Eastern Front.
    1916 The British navy defeats the Ottomans at the naval battle off Port Said, Egypt.
    1921 Mustapha Kemal is appointed virtual ruler of the Ottoman Empire.
    1941 The German army completes taking 410,000 Russian prisoners in Uman and Smolensk pockets in the Soviet Union.
    1951 The United Nations Command suspends armistice talks with the North Koreans when armed troops are spotted in neutral areas.
    1962 Actress Marilyn Monroe dies under mysterious circumstances.
    1964 President Lyndon Johnson begins bombing North Vietnam in retaliation for Gulf of Tonkin incident and asks Congress to go to war against North Vietnam.
    1974 President Richard Nixon admits he ordered a cover-up for political as well as national security reasons.
    1981 President Ronald Reagan fires 11,500 striking air traffic controllers.
    1992 Four police officers indicted on civil rights charges in the beating of Rodney King.
    1995 Croatian forces capture the city of Knin, a Serb stronghold, during Operation Storm.
    1997 Mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, Ramzi Yousef, goes on trial.
    2012 A gunman in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, opens fire in a Sikh temple, killing six before committing suicide.

On this evening
    Rosie has reappeared, car is in a car park now idiot took out the water pipe left the window down.'

Tomorrow it is back to court day so rather than being voilated for no show I have booked the transit for 6.30 am so I am not late for 9am.

I do not fancy a third of my sentence in a jail cell and start all over again.''

Rosie *is worried today*

GAMBIT likes this.
  6. Kelper

Same problem come on be rep whores join in and gain some greens on the way. Please keep Clean I am stuck in the library so trying to be discreet in my english way.

Rosie :devilwag:

7. GAMBIT

Birthdays_
    1902 - Dutch Schultz, American bootlegger (d. 1935) was born.

1911 - Lucille Ball, Jamestown NY, comedienne/actress (I Love Lucy, Mame), (d. 1989)

1928 - Andy Warhol, McKeesport PA, pop artist & film producer (Frankenstein, Bad), (d. 1987)

1978 - Marisa Miller, American model

Events-

1944 - Deportation of 70,000 Jews from Lodz Poland to Auschwitz begins

1945 - Hiroshima Peace Day-atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima by "Enola Gay":devilzeek

1964 - Prometheus, the world's oldest tree, is cut down in Nevada US

1965 - Beatles release "Help" album in UK

1972 - Hank Aaron hits 660th & 661st HRs for Braves (record for 1 team)

8. Kelper

1940 - Columbia Records cut the price of its 12-inch classical records. The records were priced $1.00. RCA Victor followed two weeks later.

1960 - Chubby Checker performed "The Twist" on American TV for the first time on "American Bandstand."
    Today in American Bandstand History

1964 - Rod Stewart made his television debut on the British show "The Beat Room."

1970 - An anti-war rock festival was held at Shea Stadium in New York. Janis Joplin, Paul Simon, Steppenwolf and Johnny Winters were the acts.

1973 - Stevie Wonder was seriously injured in a car accident. He permanently lost his sense of smell. He was in a coma for four days.

1982 - Pink Floyd's "The Wall" had its U.S. premiere in New York City.
    Pink Floyd Merchandise

1987 - The Beastie Boys sued the city of Jacksonville, FL for including the phrase "mature audience" on their concert tickets and ads.

1987 - Madonna's movie "Who's That Girl" premiered in New York.
    Madonna Merchandise

1989 - Adam Clayton (U2) was arrested at his home in Dublin, Ireland for marijuana possession.
    U2 apparel and gear

1995 - The first "Soul Train: Lady of Soul Awards" took place.

1996 - Vince Neil attempted to play a show at an Indiana club. The show, starting more than four hours late, ended after only three songs. Neil claimed that he wasn't feeling well, and that the audience of "rednecks" didn't appreciate his talent.
    Motley Crue Merchandise

1996 - Eddie Vedder videotaped the Ramones placing their hands in cement on the Hollywood Rock Walk prior to a Ramones show at The Palace. The Ramones claimed that it was their last show ever.

1998 - The last new episode of Magic Johnson's talk show, "The Magic Hour," aired. The musical guests on the show were Boys II Men, Simply Red, Mary J. Blige and Hanson.

2000 - It was announced that Ice-T would play a detective on the TV series "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."

On this day Rosie went to court, judge agreed that I have 13 weeks to remove my things. Now to a full time acceptable job Pray I get to stay at the Salvation Army for the next six months to give me a chance to play catch up. One interview today another this evening. I am too early to green any of you tonight.

Rosie:devilwag:

crogers likes this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

1947: The Kon-Tiki a wooden raft, makes 4,300-mile voyage from Peru to Raroia in the Tuamotu Archipelago, near Tahiti.

Really make ya appreciate them big cruise ships!!

Working on the greens now. Can't give to most on this thread, but, I get 'em spread out somehow!

:thumbsup:

Kelper likes this.
  10. GAMBIT

Historical Events on this Day

1909 - US issues 1st Lincoln penny

1929 - Ruth ties record by hitting grand slams in consecutive games

1942 - 1st American offensive in Pacific in WW2, Guadalcanal, Solomon Is

1944 - US 3rd Army reaches suburbs of Brest, Brittany

1963 - Jacqueline Kennedy becomes 1st US First Lady to give birth (Patrick Kennedy) since Mrs Cleveland

1990 - Desert Shield begins - US deploys troops to Saudi Arabia

2010 - Jerry Rice is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Famous Birthdays on this Day:

1942 - B J Thomas, Hugo, Oklahoma, American singer (Raindrops, Growing Pains Theme)

1958 - Bruce Dickinson, heavy metal rocker (Iron Maiden-Run to Hills)

1963 - Patrick Kennedy, son of President Kennedy (lives only 3 days)

zorro likes this.
  11. zorro

On this day............

In 1789 - The U.S. War Department was established by the U.S. Congress.
    :obey:

1782 - George Washington created the Order of the Purple Heart.
    :heart:

1888 - Theophilus Van Kannel received a patent for the revolving door.
    :spinsmile:

1928 - The U.S. Treasure Department issued a new bill that was one third smaller than the previous U.S. bills.
    :wallet:

1934 - The U.S. Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling striking down the government's attempt to ban the controversial James Joyce novel "Ulysses."
    :piglet:

1959 - The U.S. launched Explorer 6, which sent back a picture of the Earth.
    :UFO: :pixs:

1976 - Scientists in Pasadena, CA, announced that the Viking 1 spacecraft had found strong indications of possible life on Mars.
    :marvin:

12. Kelper

ugust 7th: On this Day
    1954, Johnny Cash married Vivian Liberto at St Ann's Catholic Church in Memphis. Cash had plans of becoming a Memphis appliance salesman, he instead formed a band with Luther Perkins and Marshall Grant, and was signed to Sun Records a year later. More on Johnny Cash
    1954, Elvis Presley appeared at the Eagles Nest in Memphis Tennessee, (the first of 12 shows at the venue in this year). The advertisement in the local paper read; ‘See and hear Elvis singing That’s All Right and The Blue Moon of Kentucky.’ More on Elvis Presley
    1957, The Quarry Men played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, (without Paul McCartney who was away at Boy Scout summer camp). The Cavern was still a jazz club, but skiffle was tolerated, but when John Lennon dared to play ‘Hound Dog’ and ‘Blue Suede Shoes’, the club owner sent a note to the stage saying, "Cut out the bloody rock!"
    [more]
    1963, This weeks UK Top 5 albums: No.5, Elvis Presley, 'It Happened At The World Fair', No.4, 'West Side Story', Soundtrack, No.3, Cliff Richard, 'Cliff's Hit Album', No.2, The Shadows, 'Greatest Hits', No.1, The Beatles, 'Please Please Me.'
    [more]
    1964, The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Scott, Tuby Hayes, Manfred Mann, Yardbirds and Mose Allison all appeared at the fourth Richmond Jazz Festival held over three days in Richmond, England.
    [more]
    1965, Herman's Hermits went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I'm Henry VIII I Am'. The single was only released in the US. Singer Peter Noone once interviewed Elvis Presley for UK music paper New Musical Express.
    1970, The Goose Lake International Music Festival was held in Leoni, Michigan. Over 200,000 fans attended the three day festival. Acts who appeared included, Jethro Tull, 10 Years After, Mountain, Chicago, Bob Seger, John Sebastian, James Gang, Stooges with Iggy Pop, Brownsville Station, MC5, Rod Stewart and Flying Burrito Brothers.
    1971, The Bee Gees started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'How Can You Mend A Broken Heart'. It was the group's tenth US hit and first No.1. The Bee Gees penned song was originally offered to Andy Williams, but ultimately the Bee Gees recorded it themselves, it was also later covered by soul singer Al Green.
    [more]
    1974, Peter Wolf from The J Geils Band married actress Faye Dunaway in Beverly Hills the marriage ended in divorce in 1979.
    1976, Elton John and Kiki Dee were at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart', giving Elton his sixth US No.1. It was written by Elton John with Bernie Taupin under the pseudonym "Ann Orson" and "Carte Blanche." More on Elton John
    1976, UK music weekly Melody Maker gave The Sex Pistols their first front cover. More on the Sex Pistols
    1982, Dexy's Midnight Runners were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Come On Eileen' their second and last No.1. It was the Best-selling single of 1982 and the song won Best British Single at the 1983 Brit Awards. The "Eileen" as featured in the video is Máire Fahey, sister of Siobhan Fahey, former singer with Bananarama and Shakespears Sister. The American singer Johnnie Ray, mentioned in the opening lyrics, was also featured in the video using old film footage.
    1982, Fleetwood Mac started a five-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Mirage'. The bands third US No.1.
    1982, 'Kids From Fame' by The Kids From Fame started an eight week run at No.1 on the UK album chart. The American television series was originally produced between 1982 and 1987, based on the 1980 motion picture of the same name. Using a mixture of drama and music, it followed the lives of the students and faculty at the New York City High School for the Performing Arts.
    1984, American soul singer Esther Phillips died from liver and kidney failure in Carson, California in 1984, at the age of 48. (1975 hit single 'What A Difference A Day Makes').
    1997, Garth Brooks played to the largest crowd ever in New York's Central Park. An estimated 1 million people attended the live concert with an additional 14.6 million viewing live on HBO.
    2001, Harmonica player Larry Adler died aged 87. Known for his original collaborations with George Gershwin, Kate Bush, Sting and Vaughan Williams and his own virtuoso performances.
    2002, Three members of Oasis were injured when the taxi they were travelling in was involved in a crash during a US tour in Indianapolis. Noel Gallagher, Andy Bell and Jay Darlington were all taken to hospital and treated for cuts and bruises.
    [more]
    2002, Former Boyzone Keith Duffy made his acting debut in UK TV soap Coronation Street playing the role of Peter Barlow's old Navy mate Ciaran McCarthy.
    [more]
    2003, The Osmonds received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
    2005, James Blunt was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with ‘You're Beautiful’, Mariah Carey was at No.1 on the US charts with ‘We Belong Together’ and Axel F had ‘Crazy Frog’ at No.1 on the Australian singles charts.
    [more]
    2007, Lily Allen had her US work visa cancelled after arriving at Los Angeles airport. The 22-year-old, who was due to tour America in September, had flown in for the MTV Video Music Awards launch. She was held at the airport for five hours in connection with an arrest for an alleged assault in London in June.
    [more]
    2007, Pete Doherty was warned by a judge that he could face jail or a community order over drugs offences. In July, the 28-year-old Babyshambles frontman pleaded guilty to driving illegally while in possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis. The judge said: "What I have in mind is a community order or prison... if he does not show his motivation, it's prison - it's as simple as that." The singer volunteered to show the position of an implant in his stomach designed to help him give up drugs.
    2008, Elvis Presley's peacock jumpsuit, was sold at auction for $300,000, making it the most expensive piece of Elvis memorabilia ever sold at an auction. The white outfit with a plunging V-neck and high collar featured a blue-and-gold peacock design, hand-embroidered on the front and back and along the pant legs. More on Elvis Presley
    2011, Marshall Grant, who played bass for Johnny Cash in the Tennessee Two, from 1954 to 1980, passed away at the age of 83. After his time with The Man In Black, Grant managed The Statler Brothers until they retired in 2002 and later wrote an autobiography entitled "I Was There When It Happened".
    August 7th: Born on this day
    1925, Born on this day, Felice Bryant, songwriter with her husband Boudleaux. Wrote Everly Brothers hits, 'All I Have To Do Is Dream', 'Bye Bye Love', 'Wake Up Little Susie' and 'Raining In My Heart' a hit for Buddy Holly. Felice died on April 22nd 2003.
    1928, Born on this day, Herb Reed, bass singer with American doo-wop group The Platters who had four No.1s in the late 50's: The Great Pretender, My Prayer, Twilight Time and Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. Reed died aged 83 on June 4th 2012.
    1936, Born on this day, Charles Pope, The Tams, (1971 UK No.1 single 'Hey Girl Don't Bother Me').
    1942, Born on this day, B.J. Thomas, singer, (1970 US No.1 & UK No.38 single 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head').
    1945, Born on this day, Kerry Chater, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, (1968 UK No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Young Girl').
    1949, Born on this day, Carlo Novi, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, (1978 album 'Hearts Of Stone').
    1950, Born on this day, Rodney Crowell, country guitarist, songwriter, worked with Emmylou Harris, acts that covered his songs include Bob Seger, Willie Nelson & Carlene Carter.
    [more]
    1952, Born on this day, Alexis Sayle, actor, comedian, (1984 UK No.15 single 'Ullo John Got A New Motor'').
    1958, Born on this day, Bruce Dickinson vocals, Iron Maiden, (joined in 1981, UK No.1 single in 1991 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter').
    [more]
    1960, Born on this day, Jacqui O'Sullivan, singer, Bananarama, (joined in 1988, 1988 UK No.5 single 'I Want You Back').
    [more]
    1964, Born on this day, Ian Dench, guitar, EMF, (1990 UK No.3 & US No.1 single 'Unbelievable').
    1965, Born on this day, Raul Malo, singer, songwriter, The Mavericks, (1998 UK No.4 single 'Dance The Night Away'), and solo.
    1966, Born on this day, Kristin Hersh, singer, songwriter, Throwing Muses (1992 UK No.46 'Firepile EP'), and solo.

Home | Free newsletter | RSS feed | Terms & Conditions

Search by artist or keyword:
    Or by date:

This Day In Music: Videos on MUZU.TV.

New Features:

You've Turned A Whiter Shade Of Pale!

Hope I Die Before I Get Old

Tie Pin Station

Fleetwood Mac Rumours

Get A Job

Top Of The Pops

On this day I started my new job,

Rosie :devilwag:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    crogers likes this.
  13. GAMBIT

Great Music facts Kelper! Congrats on the new job.

Kelper likes this.
  14. zorro

:hugthumbs: :devilwag:

Kelper likes this.
  15. G-man

G-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

On this day I posted a link to Wikipedia.
    [​IMG]

On this day people clicked the link and a new tab was born.
    [​IMG]

On this day people gazed upon the newborn tab (Those with slow WiFi had to wait longer) and then scrolled down slightly.
    [​IMG]

On this day people can now learn fake facts as to what "Happened" on this day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    GEEZER, hienho, Kelper and 3 others like this.
  16. crogers

1974: Unusual succession makes Ford the ONLY unelected president.

EVERY other President of the US was either elected by popular vote, or became POTUS due to the death of the preceding prez. after being elected as Vice President.

But, not Gerald Ford. He was appointed to replace Spiro Agnew who resigned due to tax problems, then Nixon resigned due to Watergate and voilà, Ford is POTUS!!

Enough about politics!! Off to pass out the greens!!

souljahgonecyko and begreen61 like this.
  17. zorro

On this day............

In 1860 - The first successful silver mill in America began operations. The mill was in Virginia City, NV.
    :jackhammer::neilson::gears::highfive:

1874 - A patent for the sprinkler head was given to Harry S. Parmelee.
    :signhere:

1877 - The two moons of Mars were discovered by Asaph Hall, an American astronomer. He named them Phobos and Deimos.
    :what_the:

1896 - Harvey Hubbell received a patent for the electric light bulb socket with a pull-chain.
    :ideas:

1909 - The American ship Arapahoe became the first to ever use the SOS distress signal off the coast of Cape Hatteras, NC.
    :help:

1934 - Alcatraz, in San Francisco Bay, received federal prisoners for the first time.
    :ballnchain::ballnchain::ballnchain::ballnchain::ballnchain:

1941 - The Atlantic Charter was signed by U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
    :2_thumbs_up:

1965 - The U.S. conducted a second launch of "Surveyor-SD 2" for a landing on the Moon surface test.
    :UFO:

GEEZER, souljahgonecyko and crogers like this.
  18. Kelper

1941 - Glenn Miller and his Orchestra recorded "Elmer’s Tune."

1952 - Hank Williams was fired from the Grand Ole Opry and told not to return until he was sober.

1965 - The Beatles' movie "Help!" premiered in the New York.
    John Lennon Merchandise - Today in Beatles History - Beatles apparel and gear

1966 - The Beatles arrived at Chicago's O'Hare Airport to start their last tour of the U.S.
    Today in Beatles History - Beatles apparel and gear

1969 - Diana Ross invited 350 guests to a Beverly Hills club to see the newest Motown act, The Jackson 5.

1972 - Elvis and Pricilla Presley filed for divorce. They had married in May of 1967.

1973 - After seeing KISS play at a New York hotel, producer Bill Aucion offered to become their manager and promised a record deal.

1973 - The Edgar Winter Group's "Free Ride" was released.

1982 - The self-titled album "Vanity 6" was released.

1985 - Simon LeBon's (Duran Duran) boat capsized off the English coast during a race. The Royal Navy rescued him after he spent 40 minutes trapped in an underwater air pocket.

1999 - KISS received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Rosie:devilwag:

19. crogers

On this day in 1990, fossil hunter Susan Hendrickson discovers three huge bones jutting out of a cliff near Faith, South Dakota. They turn out to be part of the largest-ever Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton ever discovered, a 65 million-year-old specimen dubbed Sue, after its discoverer.

Passed out my greens to who ever could, and/or would accept them. I'll be back tomorrow! :thumbsup:

zorro and thevinstigator like this.
  20. GAMBIT

Historical Events on this Day in History-

1908 - Henry Ford's company builds the first Model T car
    1935 - Babe Ruth's final game at Fenway Park, 41,766 on hand.
    1944- Waffen SS troops massacre 560 people in Sant'Anna di Stazzema.
    1955 - Pres Eisenhower raises minimum wage from 75 cents to $1 an hour
    1972 - Last American combat ground troops leave Vietnam
    1981 - IBM introduces its first Personal Computer (PC & PC-DOS version 1.0)
    2013 - Whitey Bulger is found guilty on 31 of 32 counts, and is found to have been involved in 11 murders

Famous Birthdays on this Day in History-

1910 - Jane Wyatt, Mahwah, New Jersey, American actress (Father Knows Best, Star Trek), (d. 2006)
    1929 - Buck Owens, [Alvis Edgar], Sherman Texas, country singer (Hee Haw)
    1939 - George Hamilton, Memphis Tn, (Love at 1st Bite, Where the Boys Are)
    1949 - Mark Knopfler, guitar/vocals (Dire Straits-Sultans of Swing)
    1951 - Willie Horton, American murderer and rapist
    1954 - Pat Metheny, jazz guitarist (As Wichita Falls)
    1960 - Lonny Chin, Liverpool England, playmate (Jan, 1983)
    1969 - Kitty G, [Katia Geiger], Leningrad Russia, cable tv actress
    1975 - Robyn Hancock, Grand Rapids Ohio, Miss America-Ohio (1997)

GEEZER, souljahgonecyko and begreen61 like this.