1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OK...So...Complete collection sell out...

Raoul Duke Jun 3, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

Earlier tonight I posted up that I will sell all my balis and knives, and flashlights...

I'm still going for it...

But...

A few good devils said not all of them...

So...Which Bali do you think I should keep as a collectors piece...One I should keep and flip it like I stole it...And one to donate to a GAW or JD raffle...

ETA...Doh...and I just deleted the list that I just completed...I'll type up a new one tomorrow...Total Fail...:unintroduced:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    Coconutfilipino likes this.
  2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Cntrl + s?

:ropeman:

3. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Im not hear to tell a man his business, but I dont see how a collection purge is a good thing your a younger guy with a strong collection and seemingly no financial distress.

Handled correctly your collection should only increase in its net worth, and I would hang onto the nice things you have and not dump them until there's an emergency which requires the cash immediately, or you want to cash them out to play with the money in your retirement years.

maybe I missed another thread with relevant information, but I would say hold onto what you have and perhaps even grab up some more. This seems really rash, without further information.

If you do move on and you do let your AB prototype go, please contact me.

best-
    Loosey

4. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

Don't sell the AB that is all, it is priceless. Flip the tempest for a profit who gives a fuck :bwah: maybe you can sell it to bvega for 2k

5. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

^This^

Step back for the ledge...

You will regret a full purge I promise you. Sleep on it for 1 month and then re-assess. IMO.

6. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Brass Sampson thats the one

7. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Brass Sampson thats the one that has to stay

Dangit double tap

8. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

As your lawyer I think you should pull over, step back from the drastic decisions, drink "this", take two of "these", and let me drive.

9. BladeVega333

BladeVega333 Enormous member My Ass is on Probation

What do you guys think i am a fucking bank or something? huh? :unintroduced: i am a broke ass sucka trying to a get a deal that's all. Raoul hook a brotha up :thumbsup: PM sent :manganr:

VEGA

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    DeepSkyyz likes this.
  10. Stevedevil

Stevedevil Huge member My Ass is on Probation

My advice
    Take your girlfriend / wife or whatever and buy her a Big Mac and a pack of cigarettes ( chicks love Big Macs and smokes)

Then put her on a plane somewhere
    That she wants to go

Big Mac 4$
    Smokes 9$
    Plane ticket 400$

You should only have to sell one knife to achieve this goal

All parties are happy and you keep your balisongs

11. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Sorry to hear about your current situation my friend. You have always been and will always be, a man of class.
    Do whatever you need for your soul. The rest is just stuff.
    Remember that you will always have friends here, no matter what you need.:devilwag:

12. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hard to say when the intended goal is unknown.
    Try this, break down the collection in orders of price, rarity, and usefullness. Write down the results as if it's a poll and pick out the top 3, and let the rest go for what the market will bear.

13. G-man

G-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm with everyone else, don't sell them man.

Also I sent greens but I forgot to sign them.

14. Blip Noir

Blip Noir JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I missed the story, but it sounds to me like it's a girlfriend that's pressuring you to sell off your balis. Is that right?

If collecting and flipping is a hobby you're really passionate about, don't do it. I could understand a S.O. not wanting to see knives out in the open if you guys have a place together, but if there's an ultimatum then that's not healthy.

If your collection makes you happy then hang on to it. Compromise somehow and maybe just lock them up?

15. Beelzebubbles

Beelzebubbles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I admittedly don't know much about the back story leading up to wanting to sell your balisongs but I can definitely relate. I've recently come to terms with selling a prized possession and am ready to move on with my life. I am talking about my prized custom drumkit, not a knife.... lets not get too crazy now.

But I can relate to wanting to move on with life.

I just realized this statement didn't lead up to anything, more or less just tossing my .2¢ in.

16. c219460

c219460 Brigade Member Brigade Member

I can understand cutting back, but a full purge seems extreme. Maybe ease into it, see what's comfortable.

17. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Did Glenn hack your user account, J?

18. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

Since your PM box is full, I couldn't contact you to politely give you some advice about at least one of the bali's you have :manganr:

And no, I'm not soliciting an offer for something outside of the sales area...

19. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

I agree with everyone else...I think you should keep them.

20. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Dude, I don't know what the fuck is going on but reconsider what you plan on doing. Considering the one you just got, you might want to take a deep breath and reflect a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.