1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Prolly the same place as your safer community video. :bwah:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Linos and laughingbuddha like this.
  2. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Anyone know the screw and washer size of the new kimura? I need a new set and couldint find the screw thread .

3. Sconesy

Sconesy Tiny Member

Hi JD, is it considered bad etiquete on the Instagram #balisongsale thread to post pictures of a non-balisong item (like a watch) that I’m interested in trading for a Bali?

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I dont know about instagram... but you can do it here w/ a pic of the watch and the trade value listed.

crogers likes this.
  5. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yes!

If it were me, I'd do it.

Sconesy and Klyuchak like this.
  6. Sconesy

Sconesy Tiny Member

“Yes!” it is bad etiquette or “Yes!” go for it?

7. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nobody Polices IG hashtags as far as I'm aware and I doubt anyone would actually care.. if they're not interested in a watch, they'll scroll on past.

I put hashtags on my posts all the time that have nothing to do with the picture I posted lol.

Sconesy likes this.
  8. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

You really shouldn't let strangers on a forum dictate whether you do something or not. Most people are trying to get you in trouble.

So here's my advice...yes, go for it.

***#TrustMe

9. Steve W

Steve W JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I’ve been doing a lot of reading since joining earlier this week (I still have a lot to read & catch up on) and have decided to purchase a BM 51. Are the going prices for a used 51 lower than the current special at Blade HQ for the exclusive 51?

Nevermind, just figured it out.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  10. ScottG

ScottG JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Couple of questions:

1) anodizing / coloring d2 steel. Anyone have experience with this or know any resources (specifically for the colors blue and pink)?
    2) how about other forms of artistry, like if i wanted someone to add a small design/logo to like a g2 handle. Any ideas or experience?
    3) Just ordered a barebones. I feel like i would like it because i have small thick hands and the main reason i didnt like bearsong IV was because of the handle thickness. Does anyone know of or have modified their barebones in some way that seemed cool or made it better (anything from sanding something down to adding custom scales or more)?
    4) curved bali handle discussion. I seem to think that double edge flipping may be good with those guys. Change my mind/ enlighten me?
    5) karambit bali’s. Bought one and really liked the play on it as it was kind of silent and thus seems pratical for edc. Anyone know of more karambit bali designs? I saw a terry guinn one on arizona custom that was sold previously. Any others? Any thoughts? (Would post links but cant remember if that is allowed and dont wanna search rules rn).

11. crogers

1) Coloring metal... info can be found at https://www.wikihow.com/Color-Metal
    Some of it is doable at home, others, not so much. Sort of depends on what you want. I believe that D2 can be dyed, but don't quote me on that. Some stainless is nearly impossible to color.
    Oh, and heat will change the color or many metals. I'd be REAL careful with a blade though. Too hot and you'll remove the temper and soften the steel.

2) it depends on exactly what you want done. It would require someone with the artistic talent that you desire (painting, etching, engraving, etc.)

3) No experience with that at all.

4) Same story, no experience.

5) Know little to nothing about karambit balis, but I do know that links are allowed. As long as it isn't a religious or political thing. Those tend to start arguments. I don't see any problem with Arizona Customs....

ScottG and BennytheBlade like this.
  12. ScottG

Ok thanks

Terry guinn karambit :https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/knives-by-maker/guinn-terry/188162.html

Karambit bali i kinda liked for edc :

https://blade-city.com/collections/...bit-balisong-limited-edition?lshst=collection

Also thanks for the advice. I’ll look at the article in a bit, but it is good to know the various ascpects of coloring metal. I look into dying D2 steel

13. ScottG

I know I was the one who posted last. But is there a forum/thread for buy/sell/trade reviews so I can look for references of someone?

14. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I just search for their forum name.

https://www.jerzeedevil.com/search/?type=post

That usually leads you to the feedback thread. Good luck.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  15. ScottG

Im not talking about feedback of knives but feedback of certain forum members. Does that make more sense or am I not understanding you?

16. ScottG

Don’t need an immediate answer, found that a longtime JD member vouched for who I am thinking of on insta. But it would be good to know

17. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm speaking of the feedback thread regarding members. Not knives. Did you try it?

18. ScottG

Is this what you mean, just add the persons name? I think I am getting what you are saying, but not entirely sure

Attached Files:

19. crogers

I usually go to the feedback forum at https://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/positive-or-negative-member-deal-feedback-area.31/

Then, in the "Search" box, do a search of the MEMBER'S NAME, and click the "Search Titles Only" check box. (This will eliminate all of the threads where that member has left feedback, etc.) Also, there is a "Posted by Member:" space, leave that blank.

1.jpg

The "Search This Forum Only" box should be checked, but look to make sure.

2.jpg
    3.jpg

Then click "Search" and it should come back with that user's feedback thread, assuming there is one.

Unfortunately, some members buy and sell for years and never leave feedback for others.

BTW, these pics came off of a desktop computer, but the telephone screen looks pretty similar....

If this doesn't help, shoot me a PM and I'll try to explain in more depth.... :manganr:

ScottG and Scott Meers like this.
  20. ScottG

Thanks. Makes sense now.

crogers likes this.