1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That is the only thing that would make me feel better about this.

nostimos likes this.
  2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I went and snooped it out...; it would not let me move any SQ posts out of flip's. I did not try moving flip's post as I figured that would not be a real improvement.

edited to add: I couldn't even move flip's post...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2017
    nostimos likes this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

set it on fire and pour water on it.

nostimos likes this.
  4. vileperson

vileperson Enormous member

It looks like somebody got them pulled out, now. Things are looking up!

nostimos likes this.
  5. ratstuph

I think I may have (accidentally) because the (then current) "sq" title is one of the permutations I tried, and its former location (cream of the crop) is one of the places I tried to unpack it to. I'm guessing, if it was me, it took awhile to do it behind the scenes due to the length of the thread ("topic").

edited to add: Any effort to move flip's first post out of the now "OG SQAT", and into the "Your first bali" thread recreates the problem. The question I'm struggling with is whether or not to just delete flip's post, potentially killing the whole thread?

edited further to add: What does one mean by "cool" when referring to dolphins?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2017
    nostimos likes this.
  6. ratstuph

Oh I think we know who she is... :bwah:

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Rats, rats, he's our man! If he can't do it, desmodus can......Try*

Yeah, get the dolphin giant pictures out of your signature please, and thank you. Shrink those babies or some shit!

XxGRYMMxX likes this.
  8. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

FL[!]P only has 7 post so change his name to vileperson.

Then insert vileperson's original text into the first post.

The delete vileperson's post #2 or just change the text to "Sorry, double post" like everybody else says... :bwah:

9. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

10. Jon27

Jon27 Average member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
  11. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Uhhh. That sounds like too much work! We can maybe merge the two now that it *seems* to be fixed?

12. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Why San Mai USA don`t list the makers of the knives he is posting pics on IG?...is he afraid we `ll buy the same knives?

13. vileperson

So how does the new point system work? We used to have "greens", before we had "likes"... but now we have "points", as well as "likes".

14. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Near as I can tell the "points" are achievements you can unlock by hitting certain milestones (# of posts, # of posts that got liked, stuff like that).

15. desmodus

seems like you can top out way too easily though.

i think we need some custom milestones.

blevinsknives likes this.
  16. Mushiness

Mushiness Tiny Member

Hey guys So I found a seller that's letting me buy a Bali in payments (mostly due to bi-weekly pay) but how much would this Bali run for? He's selling it for $275.

Attached Files:

17. blevinsknives

blevinsknives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Looks like a Nathan Dewey Deviant model to me. You should be just fine, and you really can't complain since they are going to let you make payments.

18. Mushiness

Mushiness Tiny Member

I don't mind the price point, I'm just wondering about the price! In case of trading it in the future, or even for a resale

19. Mushiness

Mushiness Tiny Member

I don't mind the price point. I just wanted to know in case I resell or even trade it. Also how do they flip?

20. vileperson

It's a "Dewey", so price/worth fluctuates more amongst collectors (keeping supply and demand in mind). You definitely will not lose money on it , at that price, and may even significantly come out on top if you happen across somebody that is wanting one for their collection. However, you may not get as much as you would like out of it if you find yourself having to sell it in a pinch. Not the same way you would with a more popular, "in-demand" got-to-flipper or collector. (I don't mean to sound like I am diminishing the value of Nathan's knives, as collectors, but there are more commonly sought after ones out their... and of course, this is just my opinion)

I have never flipped one, but I do believe that Nathan's intent for this design was to be a "flipper", at least more so than any of his other designs.

Mushiness likes this.