1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Try the Meet & Greet section

2. EJ_Livesey

EJ_Livesey Huge member

Meet and greet sounds cool. I'm just getting into it and would love to meet some of the better flippers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  3. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don't think the monarchs are in production anymore but I'd like to snag one. Who made the swallowtail? Was that a Will Moon/Balzano/Timmy colab. I'm thinking a chain mail net would be best for this task.
    Elusive monarch seen here.
    http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php/74963-*OFFICIAL*-Balisong-Picture-Thread/page185

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  4. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

Swallow what?

5. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...that too...

6. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Swallow tail/schwanz....in whatever language you prefer.

Still deciding whether I should take away Green Dots from Princess for being a lazy fucker......

This Thread has it all.....and yet....not enough.

:unintroduced:

Carry on.

7. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm sure this has been asked before but the search doesn't turn up much. I'm having issues with Loctite not bonding very well lately. 242 and 243 to be specific. The 243 is a new bottle. I never seemed to have a problem before but now on all my balisongs the shits breaking loose eithin an hour or two of flipping. I've cleaned with acetone and then let the Loctite sit for a couple days. Still no dice. What the fuck is going on? Should I grab some of their primer?

8. knateknife

knateknife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[video=youtube;cDRMvy7viDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDRMvy7viDE[/video]
    I did this, I have not had a screw back out since.:thumbsup:

9. MidnightAbyss

Yeah. I've seen that and have done it. Worked fine on my 3.0 but was a disaster on my 1.0. Ended up snapping a screw head. I don't really want to do it to my Tach 3 because I don't have one of the official bits yet and the security bit I have would probably strip it. Thanks, man.

10. b_luntz

b_luntz Huge member

So glad I'm not the only one

11. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

I have a question, I recently found my Mtech Twist and the wife has decided to carry/flip it. But a screw came off where one of the spacers is, I was wondering where its recommended to get replacement screws from?

12. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

I've been looking as well, if you find out please let me know :)

13. gnomeshepard

gnomeshepard Little member

Benchmade 51 or wait for something nicer?

I am looking to upgrade my balisong exprience by purchasing a quality knife.

Since I live in Minnesota, I would like the knife to be practical to carry and tough enough to be put through daily cutting tasks as well as a good amount of flipping.

A few things about the 51 that appeal to me are:
    -pocket clip
    -D2
    -practical and easy to sharpen blade shape
    -Benchmade warranty
    -weight (I am perfectly fine with the light weight)
    -future flytanium upgrades

The other knives I have been looking at are the replicants, the barebones, and the alphabeasts.

Should I wait for something nicer than a 51 to come out? Is the 51 worth it and the right knife for me?

Thank you guys!

14. crick0234

crick0234 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If you're planning on EDC'ing a balisong, the 51 is perfect. Quick one handed opening, lightweight, and disappears in the pocket.

My alphabeast is great, but its a bit bulkier and i definitely notice it the pocket of my jeans. I also had to hunt it down for quite some time while the 51 is readily available.

basically boils down to EDC>Flipping? 51, Flipping>EDC? anything BRS or Hom is great.

That said, i carry my alphabeast in my pack the most.

search around the JD for a bit, read some reviews (there's a ton), and see if any local shops carry the 51. If anything, my balisong experience DID NOT STOP at just one balisong :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  15. gnomeshepard

gnomeshepard Little member

My local shop has them and a friend from college (who manages said knife store) carries one with him every day. It feels so smooth and silky while doing basic openings and it would be a fun challenge to learn how to do some more advanced combos with it.

16. SlickLikeAGato

SlickLikeAGato JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Balisong Video Reviews

Why aren't there more of you guys making reviews? This is more of a call to you guys than a question. I personally love balisong video reviews and the internet seems to be lacking. There isn't even a solid review on the basilisk R yet.

17. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

why is it up to someone else.

fire up your camera if you sense theres no good reviews then start making them.

18. b_luntz

b_luntz Huge member

I recommend finding a kimura. Great edc and a much better flipper than the 51 imo

19. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If you're going to give advice on what Bali flips better than what... might be a good idea to qualify yourself. Do you have and flipping vidars?

20. MidnightAbyss

I think even a stock 51 flips better than a Kimura. Plus the guy is looking for an EDC which the 51 is undoubtedly better.