1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. SpasmFingers

SpasmFingers Average member

[SUP][/SUP]
    I'm assuming the midtech ab is the 1.0 and the current is the 3.0 but what is the 2.0?

2. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

There were midtechs and mutants, then came the production AB known as the PAB when it dropped. Had t6 pivots with pb bushings and washers. What became known as the AB 2.0 had SS bushings and pb washers, a small but great upgrade the pb bushings on the first iteration would some times mushroom into the blade and become stuck. The AB 3.0 enlarged the pivots to the same size as the rep.

The midtechs are different from production runs and feature some cool blade grinds, I know it's a crazy long thread but the alpha beast update thread holds the entire history of the AB from the first knife to the start of BRS to the first production drop thru the different iterations :thumbsup: know your history

3. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No. Midtech ABs are a lot different. They came first.

Production ABs (1.0) came next.

Then 2.0, then 3.0.

Then... :ropeman:

4. SpasmFingers

SpasmFingers Average member

Thanks that's very good to know!

5. BALI+

BALI+ BANNED Fucktard

what is the function of bushings?flytanium zenith blade has got bushings,how do them work?

6. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

7. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

I dont think so, it's not the same like vidéo, bushing Zenith blade works like Tachyon1: Washer "blocked" between bushing and scale.
    :ropeman:

8. BALI+

BALI+ BANNED Fucktard

:devilzeek what do you mean by this?
    i don't think the bushing is thicker and higher than the blade.
    if i overtighten the screws or squeezed the handles, the blade will bind.

9. crick0234

crick0234 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just got my premium and standard replicants. I noticed that the Zen PINS on my premium use T6 screws while the standard uses what looks like... T8 screws.

Why is there a difference between the two? i can see it on one hand that its convenient to have all T8 screws and the pivots are t10. On the other hand, teh T6 screws on the premium sit much more flush.

10. Zerronyx

Zerronyx Huge member

it better to have bigger screw because, with the amount of abuse that area gets a t6 screw will snap, same reason why the ab 1.0 and 2.0 upgraded to a a larger screw i the 3.0

11. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The screw and pivot are the same size just the opening in the button head has been increased to t8, I do believe this was done to reduce the amount of knives sent back for stripped screws. T8 has a larger bearing surface for the torx bit to hold onto, making it harder to strip them :thumbsup:

12. crick0234

crick0234 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

ah cool! i dont have to worry about the T6 screws having issues other than user error :)

13. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

What the hell is happening here? I never ran into this before when anodizing. Not sure what is up. Thought maybe my etching solution somehow got metal contaminated. Nope. Replaced all of my liquids and this is still happening but only on this Specter. Super clean prep and everything.

Edit: Forgot to mention the cutouts and curves are completely solid. In other words, it's only the flats that are like this. On every single scale too. Exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  14. bumgilligan

bumgilligan JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So what's new in the balisong world? I took a break after a bad deal, but I'm back now with some money burning a hole in my pocket. What's the new hotness? I read a little about the carbon handled one from Mr Hom. Looks very nice! Anything else?

15. Zerronyx

Zerronyx Huge member

squid trainers

16. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

BRS Barebones
    DB3 Ti Balisong
    SquidTrainer

And of course the Basilisk-R :jdwink2:

17. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

:thumbsup:

Yes for the most recent!

But Bumgillian, since almost 1 year of your last post the list is longer. Coming to spend months were very rich in new Balisong.
    :jdwink2:

All the information is here on JD!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  18. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Does anyone have any photos of Chris O's Persian Dagger profile? I just realized thats the one profile I've never seen. I love persians so Im curious to know what his take on it looks like

19. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Dupe.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  20. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Why the hell do people post "PM'd" on a sales thread? Why would you want the whole world to know you sent a message, but more importantly, who the hell cares? Do you actually think the seller will see your post any faster then he'll see your PM? Spare us please!!