1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. Dyngus

Dyngus JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've seen maybe 3 or 4 Smallflies in the knives for sale thread over the summer, and I'd say they hovered around 200 bucks. Now I don't know if that is a good price, but it is what they have been going for lately.

And no, you cannot delete your post. Mistakes never go away on the mighty JD

2. Artelind

Artelind Little member

Curses!

Alright, thanks. I'll try posting in the Want To Buy and see what comes up.

Also, double curses!

3. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Little member

my first

not easy to flip very heavy
    [​IMG]
    But that crimson web though

4. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

I had a 20 dollar lump of garbage back when I was 14. I attempted flipping it for a couple months and then it magically made it home with one of my cousins.

He wasn't worth the 20 bucks either. :devilroll:

5. Dyngus

Dyngus JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

Don't get too jealous now, it's a coveted ccc flea market Rostfrei. Snapped in half one day when I was flipping it. Not to mention that beautiful heat ano :manganr:

6. RRTvette

RRTvette Gonna ventilate you JDBA Official Member

This thread has been around awhile and I've never participated. I had a Bali comb back in the late 80's when I was a kid. Got it at a flea market and have no idea where it went. I do remember doing a basic horizonal opening which came pretty natural as I remember.

About 5 years ago I bought a few benchmade axis knives and found I liked playing with them, but wanted more. I got a spyderco smallfly as my first adult balisong and haven't looked back. Still have it and hopefully always will.

7. Old Yeller

Old Yeller Little member

My first

Early 80's Frost Cutlery bought at the local pool hall early 80's. Still flips great, perfect weight and balance. Probably paid $20 for it but don't really remember. It was replaced by a Pacific Cutlery 68 but unfortunately lost out of my back pocket in college.

[​IMG]

8. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

My first balisong was a Jaguar with the black plastic inserts and silver metal ovals in between. The one that was a copy of the benchmade 259.

Years later I managed to get a benchamde 159 and I love it. It is my zamak safe queen.

The first decent one I ever had was a Kimura. That thing cut the shit out of me on a daily basis.

9. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

BM51, then a Tachyon 2 tanto. Now have a Specter on the way. Depending on how the Tachyon 3 production models look, I may consider getting rid of the Tach2.

10. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Had something like this in the early 90's. Got it at a flea market and it broke sometime after
    not my image

[​IMG]

11. cavemandan54321

cavemandan54321 Little member

First bali was given to me by my dad in 2009. It was a really, really crappy zamak handled CCC (camo painted) with no edge that broke after me flipping it for about 45 minutes.

Vaguely similar to this, but not the same.

[​IMG]

After that, one of the silver vein bear & son's.

12. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

How do you guys like the latch on the AB 3.0? Is it easy to disengage or do you have to give it a good squeeze?

13. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Easy to disengage ,I put O-rings on mine it got marked up a bit which I didn't mind but it kept catching on the safe handle and throwing me off :ross:

14. McCoy1996

McCoy1996 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Comes off pretty easy, with one T6 screw. It took me like 30 seconds to take it off after I took it out of the box.

15. institches

institches Little member

Same here. Just curious, does your safe handle have a lot of play? Mine seems a bit sloppy. Bite handle is on the money.

16. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Little bit more than the bite handle but definitely not sloppy. :ross:

17. CannedBullets

CannedBullets JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

So my Prodigy gets its' latch stuck like that sometimes when I'm flipping. I'm thinking of filing part of the latch so its smoother. Does that sound good or are their better methods to fix this?

18. MostHaggard

MostHaggard JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I've filed my prodigy latch many times for that same reason. When you drop it, you often get little burs and such that make it snag. Either have to take it off, file it, or add o rings to keep it from flopping around.

19. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's same issue the AB 1.0 had and the Specter. The latch is catching on burrs on the sides of the latch gate. Take a small file to each sides and widen the mouth of the gate slightly and this will solve your issue. I would not suggest continually shrinking the latch itself

20. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks like Liberace had to sell the sparkly jewels.:bwah: