1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

2. Inkz

Inkz Little member

Should I not flip my new 42 springer?

Hey I just got a real nice 154 steal 42 springer and i'm wondering if i should worry about damaging it. I really want to flip it, but i'm still learning. Is it worth just keeping it as a collector for value?

Would really appreciate any advice

3. G-man

G-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hello Again!

So I just got back from a 3 month paid vacation with no internet so, what has gone on in the Balisong world since Feb?

4. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Unless you're planning on going full on with a benchmade balisong collection, and you bought it specifically as a collection piece....

Hell no. Don't baby it.

Enjoy the knife, it's meant to be flipped.

5. Blastermaster

Blastermaster Huge member

6. G-man

G-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

7. Blastermaster

Blastermaster Huge member

Barebones is slowly but surely coming out

8. ledavis63

ledavis63 Little member

Flytanium handles

Hey guys, so Flytanium is releasing its new set of handles soon and I was looking to get some for my BM 51. So how hard is it to actually put the handles on the knife? I'm kind of strapped for tools but all I have is a basic set of Torx screwdrivers.

9. f33lg00d

f33lg00d JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

All you need is torx screwdrivers. Its as easy as can be.

10. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

Will need a hammer and punch to knock out the pivots too. Nice block of wood to tap them back in as well. I open a vice, just wide enough for the pivot to be able to pass through, so the handle is fully supported when tapping it out. And use a punch, or skinny nail that goes in the pivot past the threads to avoid damage.

11. Inkz

Inkz Little member

Haha thats what I wanted to hear. Thanks m8

12. MALEEBMAN

MALEEBMAN Little member

Taking advantage of the amnesty...... 2 stupid questions

First question is: not trying to be 'that A-hole guy' but my memory isnt as sharp as it once was. I think the word 'bali-song' is a registered trademark by Benchmade, and 'balisong' is the Filipino word meaning 'broken horn' as one of the most common materials for knife handles has been horn for..... centuries and the knife handles seem broken so they pivot. I believe i'm in the ballpark on this(no, belive to be in the infield more specifically), but I prefer knowing the proper meanings. My ex-whore is from Manilla and I tried getting accurate definitions from her entire family only to know I'm more knowledgeable about their cultures cutlery than them. II also explained the difference between Manilla & Batangas style knives wondering why/what made 2 regions differ on the folder that made them known for. The reply- Batangas region is more- how to put this as if still in the Army training as 'politically correct' so its not racist- ...more.. 'loose cannon' or primative/uneducated/short-fuse unfriendly kababyan (countrymen; their own kind). I can only assume thats true as I'd never go there after seeing Dateline NBC....

Second question and the most shameful because I'm SO clueless- What is the specific name given for this type/style of balisong I posted pic of? Its driven me crazy for years now.... I understand its designed for 'Quick emergency action' when the standard balisong would take too long to expose blade for use. This one is meant to be pulled out for instant use like a fixed blade knife then opened fully after immediate threat is gone. I could swear there is a certain nae for it, english, tagalog, clueless on that as well. Or, I'm just a nutcase believing something that never was..... Seriously, Please help clarify this if possible... I need to figure this out.... Thanks IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

AngelDeVille likes this.
  13. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

1) Yes on Bali-song and Balisong. The Batangas and Manilla difference is latch placement (safe or bite handle), If I remember correctly (more knowledgable folk may correct me.

2) I'd call that knife a FHM balisong with too long of a blade or too short of handles, depending on time of day...

When it comes to truly understanding the Phillipine culture and or names, Matt Cook would be my first thought on who to ask (pinoyknife)

14. MALEEBMAN

MALEEBMAN Little member

Thanks

1) Nice- thought thats the way that is.... and absolutely affirmative re: latch
    2) LOL ...or what hemispere the ex is whoring around in (depending which fiscal quarter it is). like that outlook BUT still nuts for real name. good to have a lead now. Usually i find 'Custom FHM' being the most common answer.

As far as understanding Filipino kababyan, I spent 12 years trying my best with the most unpatriotic evil person I've ever known in my entire life, only to find how much was ripped off for when almost unable to ever be found. shocked, but whatever. Lifes too short for wasting precious time.... but getting a reply, oo, masa-freaking-rap! Salamet
    My tagalog is rusty, but then again I'm the redneck in L.A. always out of place all the time- but always glad to be alive! I posted a thread in International waters ; if you dig on balisongs, check it out.... and personally I believe in many obvious ways he designs his knives, Armando Palacio is the master bali-maker. I have a Mosquito and just the SIMPLE shape of the latch proves it will always lock tight. Brilliant
    Thanks again for the info!

15. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Stallion Rooster JDBA Official Member

1) JJ's on the mark.

2) I think having a blade extend past the handle was not a commonly used design. But I'm definitely interested in a back shot to see how they made the latch to clear, and make space, for the blade :ross:

P.S.
    Sorry to hear about your marriage, sounds like tough times.

16. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Bussese, it's slang for an uncircumsised cock.

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  17. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

Timmy still managed to fuck it up :unintroduced:

18. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

:fixed:

19. 4literranger485

4literranger485 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

well you guys got me hooked, thats for sure. How do we stay ABREAST of the flytanium situation? I'd love to get a set of them for my 51. Thanks for the amnesty :ross:

20. f33lg00d

f33lg00d JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Tims a unique guy... Im sure Matt Cook fixed it for him

The fuck does abreast mean? I like sets of titties not just one tit. You mean like find out when theyre gonna sell them, get there email news letter, follow their instagram, facebook, and constantly check their site.