1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This is the only forum, right? :ropeman:

2. VANELLI

My, ?

Don't we shy away from religion here?
    Ok, except the baby Jesus stuff that's hillarious, makes me think of TopGear.

3. Purple flip

Purple flip Little member

Idek man, i'm not the sharpest.

4. VANELLI

Keep your eye's peeled here, post a wanted to buy thread, buy into the uber important JD secret section and keep posted there with the deal spotter thread, branch out if you need to, there's deals out there. Last ones I knew of new for sale were for outside the states only.

5. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sharpening

I've been using a tri stone as of late to keep my knives sharp but I'm looking to upgrade to a rig/mount (I'm not really sure what to call it).

What do you guys suggest for a sharpening system under $200?

Thanks for the advice

6. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just use a sharpmaker and strop but if your going to spend $200 why not just save a little more and get a wicked edge? That's what I would get if I was going to spend that kind of coin. Or if your really good with the tri stone get a set of good stones and strops.

7. dust

dust JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Here's a for real stupid question. I donated 10 bucks via paypal but forgot to put in the notes I wanted an orange name. Who do I message to tell them that?

8. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

9. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

Good suggestion, or a edge pro.

http://www.amazon.com/Edge-Pro-Apex-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B00BFFY8JI

10. nuts4knives

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  11. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

12. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have heard you can fuck up your edge real fast on the work sharp if You mess up.

I use an edge pro and my sharp maker to maintain my blades. I set a nice edge with the edge pro and just do touch ups with the ultra fine sharpmaker rod works great.

The wicked edge probably works great if not "better" than the edge pro. I've never used one but by design it should work a little better but the price is much higher than an edge pro too.

But No matter what I've used I never had a problem getting a hair popping edge with either just my sharp maker and or the edge pro

13. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

I got the Ken Onion model, works great. I use it on my large blades, Rucki, choppers, etc...

14. nuts4knives

They had one of the regular work sharps on display at a local sports shop. The guy asked me if I wanted to try it. I was edcing my mini grip which isn't that expensive but I declined. He showed me with his elcheapo and it did sharpen it up but the blade was all scratched to hell prior so idk if it caused any damage. I'd also be afraid of overheating the edge but I suppose with practice it might be fine. I don't think I could bring myself to put one of my $300+ knives through anything high speed.

15. Mirari

Mirari Average member

Okay, really simple questions for you guys today.

What exactly do you dislike about the Kimura line? I hear a lot of people talk bad about it but I don't see much explanation. Is there anything that specifically makes the knife a no-flip for you? I've never flipped a Kimura before and I have one of the December high polish K3 factory blemishes on the way, so I'm actually curious about your resentments on the knife.

I actually prefer a heavy flipper. :jdwink2:

16. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

The handles are too short, too flat, and too square. It's also heavy, but that's not that big of a deal.

17. Mirari

Mirari Average member

Well, I literally have the smallest girl hands for a dude in the known universe so it can't be that bad for me[SUP]implying that I also have a small dong but that's besides the point[/SUP].

18. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

The high polish can slip easy....everything else has been stated by wylde.

19. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

LOL, wow. You just put it all right on out there, huh? :bwah: Kinda takes the fun out of making jokes and shit. :devilfinger:

20. Mirari

Mirari Average member

I normally make fun of myself first before anyone else can. :devilwag:

As for the high polish, I accounted for that. Of course I have no idea how slippery it might actually be, so that's an experiment.

Should I consider getting the handle edges rounded off or will that just ruin the polish?