1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Socks are prison of the feet.

2. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Solitary confinement for your little piggies I see. Smart thinking when they are all together they could be planning a breakout.

3. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'll gfckmyslf when damn good n ready...
    well now seems like a good as time as any h/o brb.........
    God that was refreshing, good idea guys :devilwag::devilfinger::madaddy:

Good idea
    Where'd you get your set?

4. hannam72

hannam72 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I was loosening, not even tightening, up my tach 2 spacer screw and the head popped off of the screw. So now the rest of the screw is stuck in the spacer. I was wondering what the best way to get the screw out with is now that it is now longer a T8? And is this a popular problem with these screws?

5. Frickbot

Frickbot Does not compute

If you can take the other screws out so you can remove the spacer you could prolly grab what's left of the screw with some pliers and remove it that way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  6. hannam72

there isn't enough exposed to grab:cry:

7. nine1524

nine1524 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's what she said.

Mpsecare and AngelDeVille like this.
  8. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The only option you have now is to use the "screw extractor" to get it out. But you might have problems looking for the bit that small.

Google "screw extractor" or "screw removal bit" for more info.

Good luck,

9. Frickbot

Came here to say this, I had to drill out a screw on an old Bali I had because I never could find a screw extractor bit so small for under 40 dollars, maybe you could take it to home Depot and see if they can help.

10. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I forgot to ask, is this a block spacer or just the barrel spacer?

If the barrel spacer is aluminum, it is best to just replace it. It is not worth the time to try to extract it out. You can get new screws from USAKNIFEMAKER.

I do have a spare aluminum barrel spacer if you need it.

hannam72 likes this.
  11. hannam72

na its the block spacer, and thanks a lot for your help guys. I tried a few things, and I don't think its gonna come out with anything I have here. I could probably drill it out but that would destroy the threads inside

12. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I seem I always snap the head off my AB pivots.
    I take a blow torch and carefully heat it up till it starts smoking ( prolly the loctite burning off) then I take a pin or a pair of SAK tweezers and painstakingly try and push and spin the screw out. If you heat it up just right the screw should start to spin out pretty freely.
    It may take a few heating cycles to get It to totally screw out.

It's a pain in the ass and my pivot is discolored but I've done it many times already, in fact I just had to do this last Thursday.

Good luck

13. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

14. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

15. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

Thanks captain obvious:devilfinger: someone else was asking and I remembered a thread about them but I have no clue what I would've even needed to search to find it

16. Frickbot

17. hannam72

Thanks I sort of tried this, but I think I need to heat it up more. Need my knife for fatoc today, but once I'm done I'll give this another go.

18. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

19. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sounds like you need a torque wrench Hercules. The pivots don't need to be that tight. That's what loctite is for my friend.:unintroduced:

The new AB will have bigger pivots though. Wish they did it from the get go but at least they are listening and making the necessary changes

20. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

yeah, I get a little happy sometimes with the driver:riledup:

I also Only flip my AB over concrete:unintroduced: