1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I clearly stated NOT to take my word for it. It was just an idea. I assume people would do more research before taking a torch to a $$$ knife. Besides I axpected someone like WS who actually works on knives to chime and and tell us weather it was a shit idea.

MTXCraze likes this.
  2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I think that you should post less based on this bit alone. I won't even quote the other stuff...

:unintroduced:

3. nuts4knives

It's just my opinion. And by reading all the posts with people bitching about guys setting there own prices on the used Bali market aparently I'm not the only one.
    Opinions are like asses, everybody has one right.
    I never said they weren't nice knives because I'm sure they are. If I got a "good" deal on one I would definately buy one to try it myself. Just wouldn't pay no $600 for one.

I'm sorry if that advice was bad. You could of just said it was a bad idea.

4. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...he is fucking with you ...it`s all about the torch.....

5. OnceBitten

Now, my feelings are hurt.

Post reported.

Dogpile Sequence activated.

6. nuts4knives

I figured that. I just try to stay out of the flame fests on here so I'd prefer not to be the next target in one.
    I currently have a lot of time on my hands and really like this forum. My advice isn't all good but I mean well so.:devilfinger:jk:bwah:

7. nuts4knives

Don't worry I still love you man.:unintroduced:

8. OnceBitten

Just FYI: Ti work hardens and I believe that it also hardens a little more with each heating

9. nuts4knives

I have heard that. I just didn't know how brittle it actually makes it

10. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

:mutley:

11. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I believe I somehow stripped out my spaced treads on my AB 2.0
    Any suggestions?

12. nuts4knives

There is other options but unless you know what they are the safest thing to do would be contact BRS and see if they will sell you a new set. I'm sure they weren't stripped when it was shipped out so it probably isn't covered under warrenty. They are awesome guys though so you never know.

Word on the street is that the next AB's will have sexbolt style fasteners instead of the "treaded spaced" so this will be less likely to happen and be much easier to fix if it does happen.:manganr:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Papercuts likes this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yes.

gfckyrslf

:devilwag:

armedpootles likes this.
  14. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

^This^

15. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

threads that small are super easy to cross thread. Combine that with the fact that threads that small don't hold loctite all that well and you have a recipe for constantly loosening and re-tightening. It's too easy to do. They'll probably hook you up with a new set for not too much but if your like me and have no patience you could see if any parts at USAKnifemaker or knifekits drop in to the handle slabs.

16. nuts4knives

I always start them with a bit and no driver to make sure I'm not cross threading them. Personally the spacers are the only screws on a bali that seem to hold well for me after proper toctite application and cure time. Pivots and zen pins are the ones I have a hell of a time getting to hold for more then like a week of heavy flipping.

17. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

How long must our toes be oppressed by their sock overlords?

18. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

New socks are one of the best things EVER!

19. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I like the ones with toes. :devilwag:

[​IMG]

20. 42flipper

42flipper JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I had the same problem. Drill them out and replace with pivots, or sexbolts. Works like a champ:thumbsup:

nuts4knives likes this.