1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

**OFFICIAL** JD Hat thread

Ronlad Mar 25, 2014

?

**OFFICIAL** JD Hat thread

1. Fitted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Elastic (stretchy)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Velcro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Snapback

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

GOV- nice disclaimer!!!!!

Let's talk hats, for real :jdwink2::devilwag:

2. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

This hat - http://milspecmonkey.com/store/head-gear/50-msm-cg-hat-dlux.html#/color-black/size-l_xl

Make more patches, including a couple of new ones, like:
    - X - for the 10th
    - DMMCY - strip for the back
    - www.jerzeedevil.com - strip for the back
    - JDBA - strip for the back
    - More?

Devils, buy the patches!

Everyone customizes and gets what they want (in a ball cap - black, tan, OD, camo)! Ooops. I fergot - No one gets... :unintroduced:

My only concern? The hat would be way too hot with the velcro and patches.

Just a thought. :bwah:

3. Mr.LaBella

6 new patch designs are currently being worked on. Literally :jdwink2::devilzeek:madaddy::thumbsup:

4. Scout

Scout Huge member

Sad, that the forum wasnt ready for a boonie hat:manganr:

Baseball cap-style hats have been done to death IMO.

That being said, I have the below mentioned cap and heartedly recommend it.

Mine is the plain non ear plug version, as I found that feature slightly silly (and shoot larger calibres needing to have proper ear muffs most of the time in addition anyway).

In forum terms its an advantage, that one can individually 'customize' the cap with various JD logo patches.

Personally, I dont find the cap too hot in the summer time, no matter where I travel to, but YMMV.

If a consideration, the FlexFit cap can be had in a summer weight mesh-like configuration. Not one of those flimsy see through trucker cap mesh thingies either but a non-see through light weight vented material for the back of the cap.

I prefer FlexFit caps, because they are high quality caps and because they dont sport the stupid opening and metal buckle in the back.

Women and those of a metrosexual persuasion of course like that kind of cap, because they can loop their pony tail through it:manganr:

Mil-Spec Monkey removed the 'button' on the top and added velcro there. On the front and back as well. Not puny velcro squares either, but large well placed velcro panels very solidly sewn in place.
    Its well applied on a quality cap - whats not to like.

Like most of us, I have a shed load of caps. This one is the best cap, I ever had by far.

I heartedly recommend it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  5. Mr.LaBella

We are not against boonie hats! we have done 2 runs of them ;) :jdwink2:

I think details are starting to cement in my head.... Keep the details pouring in!

6. Scout

Scout Huge member

Ready for a 'Slangvel'-style Boonie then ....with mesh and paracord in the crown:manganr:

Anyway, if it ends up being a FlexFit cap, the Mil-Spec Monkey version is excellent in my book.

The velcro panels doesnt change the cap significantly - in fact, one can yank the patches in case one needs a neutral looking hat for one occasion and a cap that screams 'JD' later the same day.

Nifty.

I quite like, that the top button is gone as well.

Of course, the square velcro panel there fits a IR 'glint' patch, but for most, who dont have a need for glint, a multitude of the smaller velcro patches will fit there as well.

http://ustacticalsupply.com/irglintsquares.aspx

There are plenty of other caps out there with velcro, but IMO the Mil-Spec Monkey is the one with the best sized velcro panels.

Just my opinion YMMV.

7. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

I must have missed the second run and did not have money for the first. I would be in for a boonie hat if it were done again. EDIT: Preferably in a lighter color, for summer wear.

8. Scout

Scout Huge member

Khaki/desert tan maybe.

Yeah, boonie hats rock.

[​IMG]

9. Mr.LaBella

Yes, they rock. This hat however...Is not going to be one ;)

Ideas for baseball caps! Incorporating:
    • The JD Logo
    • The number 10
    • The forum coloUrs (but not limited to)
    • The forum imagery

Let's get SERIOUS now, kiddos :devilcorn::jdwink2:

10. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

I believe somewhere on one of these design patches, pins, and a hat and JD logo. I had asked if some could be put aside for me.

As I was arrested Saturday I have to cancel my order's I really wanted to be part of the 10 year anniversary. I would have been so proud to have been able to get them

I earn around $240 every two weeks. Bondsman needs $137 by the 4th April. Electric needs $60 by that day also.

This weekend I will be going to the flea market to sell all my sterling to a dealer who used to deal with Gene. He was the one that got me arrested for simple asault poor big man. I am also going to sell my extra computer he was able to use. Not wiping it clean don't have the time.

He lied in court as I had the judge read out the offense to me. He said I was his ex and would keep texting him. Proof locked in my cell, that same day he asked if we could go to the flea market Sunday. His sister who is as crazy as someone I have no description to fit her.

All her texts some containing threats to have the investigation into Scotts death investigated. Also accusations of killing others. And so it goes on.

Judge was great I will face them in court. Court appointed me a lawyer due to low income. Next date in court 17th April.

Feel sad I cannot be part of such a wonderful part of this thread.

Rosie

11. Mr.LaBella

:ropeman:Yeah, uh,...no idea how to respond to that,....so...moving on with the Days of Our Lives!

12. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

I got a bad case of CRS - did I ever post this?
    [​IMG]

I am all for a murdered out simple black hat -flexfit, the summer mesh/athletic stlye is all good.

13. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

charcoal flexfit.
    jd logo in black.
    "decade of mayhem" in a rocker on the right side of the logo.

14. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Nice.
    sickboy

15. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Keep the design ideas and *renderings * coming!

I think a combo of Rio's idea hybrid style is a good idea.

Come on, Devils!!! And Frstr8!!!!!!

16. hoserr

hoserr Little member

I like this one-

17. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I second this one. I put that picture up but you definitely got better ones throw a JD logo in there good to go. Great idea:thumbsup:

18. hoserr

hoserr Little member

Also good-

19. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

The JD Devil Grrl is an example of something I feel is too complex to put on a hat.

I posted the pix so everyone could have that image and therefore not want on the hat. :ssmile: Ya'll can look at it all you want on yr computer. :devilzeek

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Simple is good - Less is more.

It would be neat if the JD logo could be made into something like this that looks sort of like a tattoo pattern or graffiti. I know this is already an image used as a logo - I'm just posting it as an example.

[​IMG]

20. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

that would look sick.
    jd logo up front.
    10 on the back in inch and a quarter numbers.
    "ten years of unmatched attitude" on the side.

....done.

print that shit.