1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

Tony8179 Feb 27, 2012

?

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Need more information, and will reply here, accordingly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's the breath tickling the back of my neck that gets me. :ropeman::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah:

2. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

Two more weeks to go!

3. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Now that we are only a couple of weeks away I did want to remind some of you of the Rules and Highlights to be aware of.

Nowka will be bringing the donkey and we only have room for one. - My sister will not be bringing Hers.

[​IMG]

Frank Dux will not be coming again this year

[​IMG]

Parker will be giving a quick Class Friday evening on How to Kill with a rubber chicken - Last time he put this on the attendance was Epic

[​IMG]

Do not invite the lady with that Huge Pussy again - Ron Still Can't Find his Car Keys.

[​IMG]

Again this year - You will see Pan Flutes strategically placed throughout the plant - Do Not Touch Them

[​IMG]

Kevin Estella will not be there this year to give the Next Session on Filipino Vacuum Cleaner Defensive Tactics

[​IMG]

Do not attempt to make a Copy of this knife - It will disrupt the Space-Time Continuum.

[​IMG]

Since it is Fall do not let seeing this in the Escanaba River Bother you and For God's Sake don't ask any of the Locals about it.

[​IMG]

In Case some of you did not know - The Hotel Shuttle suffered a Blown Crankcase so we will be using alternate transportation between the plant and the hotel

[​IMG]

When Going to the Local Market here remember to use the proper name for Bananas. (Local Trailer Park Fire Alarms are in the Background of the Picture)

[​IMG]

Do Not put Strange Items in your Carry On Bag - they look at that stuff - We will Issue you some when you get here

[​IMG]

We have had the Septic System Fixed since last year so you will not need these this year.

[​IMG]

The Rumors are indeed True - Ron LaBella and Mike Grasso Will be doing their Famous Sonata of the "Little Buttercup Song" During the Saturday Evening Banquet.(It is Marvelous with a Sicilian Accent)

[​IMG]

If You see this while driving here - Do not Stop and get out of the Car. The Locals Take the Kilted Deer Dance very seriously.

[​IMG]

I didn't even want to bring this up considering what happened last year but here it is again - Please heed the warning.

[​IMG]

When You see this kind of sign - Stay out unless you have at least a 6 foot Frog Gig with you.

[​IMG]

These Signs are meant for the Locals - You can usually ignore them

[​IMG]

Mike Grasso has had to cancel the Pony Rides behind the plant for this year - the Little Brown lady that usually leads you around has contracted a local version of Leprosy and is under quarantine until her fingers grow back.

[​IMG]

While not Strictly Illegal in Michigan we strongly recommend not brushing any local Fruit Bats with a toothbrush - they tend to not like it.

[​IMG]

In lieu of the Complaints we got from the Animal Rights Folks we have to ban Cat shaving from the Event this year.

[​IMG]

After What happened at the 2007 JD grind-In we have to keep this Rule in effect. there will be no Triceratops Riding allowed again This year.

[​IMG]

This Rule in a Indoor Rule

[​IMG]

Ending on a More Positive Note - we are again Able to Offer Free Puppet Parking. Just Follow the Signs.

[​IMG]

It will be a real pleasure to see all of you.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    ilovekittens, norcal13 and tubtar like this.
  4. tubtar

So I can anxiously look forward to Zamfir actually showing up this year , or are the pan flutes a cruel ruse ? :bwah::bwah:

5. Sticky Rick

Sticky Rick Huge member

I'm beside myself with anticipation

I hunger to hear the duet of Mike and Ron. Maybe Mike can wear his Kilt and one or more of the locals will dance with him. LMAO

6. Sticky Rick

Sticky Rick Huge member

Oh Yeah

I say allow the big pussy and we can draw straws to see who can shave it.

7. Dillon Brock

Dillon Brock strawboss

If you can talk Ken into going I Will be there for sure!:jdwink2:

8. Mike Stewart

John,

He will not be coming this year but when You tried to play that thing last year - it sounded Horrible and we later found two dead raccoons behind the plant that had all their blood coming out their ears.

It was a huge mess.

Please don't touch them again. I hate to say this publicly but you do not have a future career in Pan Flute Playing.

Sorry to dash your hopes on that path.

(I did want to add that you are well aware of why we had to cancel to scrotum bungee jumping contest from the Escanaba Dam - That was very messy and it was you Idea in the first place)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  9. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

Is it true that after the young British fellow that attended last year went home and Fenlored his grandfather's shoulder, you have implemented strict non-Fenloring regulations for this year?

[​IMG]

10. Mike Stewart

We shall attempt to do that but it will be difficult without Fenlore here to stop it.

11. Mike Stewart

Friday Nite Menu

[​IMG]

12. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

I am indeed bringing my Kilt and will be wearing it as I BBQ, If you attempt to dance with me without asking politely first you will end up wearing a Bolo as a headdress...

13. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

i just made reservations at the terrace... arrival time after 4 on the 5th unless we need to stop and drink a 5th on the way up then all bets are off..

looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time and seeing some of you again

14. Mike Stewart

Saturday Evening buffet:

[​IMG]

15. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

This:
    this:
    and this :
    are the main reasons I can't make it.

However this:
    almost changed my mind.

I will however make a valiant attempt to meet up with those coming through Southern MN on their way through, Thursday evening. I have an apprentice on tap to stand in for me (performing official duties), thus the cat will likely have to stay behind and supervise. I will touch base with the banana-belt ringleader (Mr. tar) to find out the most opportune moment to pounce. No doubt RonL will break my heart again by delaying his arrival until after I have to return to northern regions. That's how he is...; mysterious, aloof, and unavailable.
    all da best,
    rats...

16. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I am borderline excited! :jdwink2: :bwah:

17. tubtar

Edging , are we ? :bwah::bwah:

18. Mike Stewart

I'm already here and I'm excited.

Mike Grasso is here.

Rick Monsour - Lon & Cassy -&- Derrick will be here later today.

19. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

i am ready. :manganr:

20. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

....now if I can be there by the 6pm deadline for dinner Friday....
    ....(gonna be close.)

....I'll be all set.

....Lookin' forward to some Bourbon. (LittleJoey I'll raise one for ya!)