1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

Tony8179 Feb 27, 2012

?

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Need more information, and will reply here, accordingly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

Piss off!:bwah:

2. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Right there with ya Peter.

Parker is great, the only guy I know that speed balances his blades while he grinds.:bwah:

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I am still soaking up the awesomeness, and reeling from the living arrangements my roomie placed on my liver.

Also- that MOTHERFUCKER scared the shit out of me early Sunday morning with some Ralph Furley kung fu type shit :jdwink2: :bwah:

4. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Those of You that did not Stay until Monday missed the Traditional Post JD Grind-In Evening at the Casa Stewart.

I think there were 16 people there.

Much Tequila and then Wine was consumed.

As all of you that attended the Grind-In know we had Tenderloin wrapped in Bacon(Filet Mignon) on Friday Night.

That means that I butchered 10 Whole Tenderloins while Mike Grasso and Rick Monsour Wrapped each one in Bacon on Thursday Night before the Event.

Those of You that know how to butcher Tenderloins know that you do not use the Tail for Filet Mignon. Basically we had about 10 pounds of Tenderloin tips left over.

We used those Sunday Night.

All of them were Seasoned and Braised for the meal.

I got a little gift from Jason's(DLT) Mom & Dad of a large bag of Grape and Cherry Tomatoes that they grow on their Farm.

I sliced them in half and put them in a bowl in the oven at 170 degrees to just heat them through.(Maybe 4 or 5 Pounds)

I made a Sauce of Aged Balsamic Vinegar - Aged White Balsamic Vinegar - A little Brown Sugar - Honey - Butter and Olive Oil.

I simmered that in a pan until it was reduced by about half.

I then made 3 Pounds of Capellini which I cooked Al Dente at 2 Minutes.(I reserved about 3 Cups of the Pasta Water).

After Straining I put the pasta back in the pot.

I added more Butter and Olive Oil directly on the pasta.

I then added the Tomatoes to the pot - Stirred and then put it in the large serving Bowl.

I added the Balsamic Sauce and the Pasta Water to prevent the Capellini from sticking and we served it with the Braised Tenderloin tips.

Everyone got a Big Bowl of the Pasta and Meat.

Some had Seconds and we killed all but a couple of Forkfuls.

Much Laughter was heard and many Tall Tales were told.(Grasso's Vampire Story had everyone holding their sides)

We laughed and drank late into the night and everyone left with a smile.

Maybe some of You will stay over next year - The more the Merrier

Mike..................:manganr:

5. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Rio likes this.
  6. Mr.LaBella

Someone left behind a Marvel zip up hoodie at BRKT, anyone know about it? :snopesit:

7. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Nope - did not See it.

8. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

The local news up in MI is WAY cooler than we have.....hell, all of our shooting stories involve drive-by's.

At least the locals here are now up to a 50% efficiency mark by season's end (these drop to near zero during the winter months around here.)

9. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

i just realized that Escanaba, MI is only a 3 hr drive from me.... hopefully there is a next time. If so, ill be there.

Cool looking knives guys. :thumbsup:

It looks like it was a blast.

10. Mr.LaBella

Oh, there will be a next time :jdwink2: