1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

Tony8179 Feb 27, 2012

?

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Need more information, and will reply here, accordingly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

I haven't slept since midnight Denver time.
    Thanks to evreyone who was there for making this a great time. Including the waitress who served me dry wheat toast and kept my sunglass's safe till I could return. She was a goddess. (probably had a couple of paw prints herself), if ya know what I mean.:yuna:

Bark River Knives, Employee's and family

THANK YOU

I had a great time and my sons love their knives.

JD members and you know who you are, thanks for putting up with me in person. It was fun to get to know youse guys in the flesh.

Ron, as always our time together seemed too short. We need to party more often.

Bloody BRAINS for everyone.

2. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Really Jeff ?
    Really ?
    You had to go there ? :bwah::bwah::bwah::jdwink2:
    It was great to finally meet you and put a face with the name.
    This is but another reason why the rest of you owe it to yourselves to make one of these.
    Jeff is a rock star in a surveyor's body.
    One of the Devils I am proud to consider a friend , and I am damned glad to have finally gotten to meet you.

Rio likes this.
  3. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

Thank you Mike, the entire Stewart Clan, and the BRKT Crew. You really know how to make someone feel welcome.
    Thank you Hellbilly, for taping me back together. :thumbsup:
    Last but not least; Thanks to the girl in the red dress, for the entertainment. :bwah:
    It was great to see old, and new faces alike, I can't wait for next year! I think I'll make matching thumbs... :ropeman:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  4. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

It was more than epic devils, a great time for all, counting the days!

Mike

5. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

stop trying to cover for Tony:bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah:

tubtar likes this.
  6. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sounds like you lot had a great time, sounds like.........:picsor:

7. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

[SUP][/SUP]
    All pictures, film, and digital storage, were confiscated and burned. What happens in Escanaba stays in Escanaba... And that little place deep down inside you where you ball up all of your shame and hide it.

:bwah: :bwah: :bwah:

The Picture Gallery is where it's at.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  8. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

We are still uploading Pictures but here are some highlights.

Here Mike Grasso is telling me that we can't find Ron again.

[​IMG]

Here I am explaining that Ron is in the Bathroom and will be back in a Minute

[​IMG]

This is the next instant where I snapped my Fingers by accident and disappeared by activating my Mime-Ninja Powers - Mike Grasso is telling everyone to calm down because I will become visible in about 15 more seconds.

[​IMG]

Grasso uses the Old "Obvious Distraction Technique" so I can come out from under the Table.

[​IMG]

Here is where Lon Humphrey is telling Peter Bruno that his design looks like a Clown Knife

[​IMG]

Here Lon is trying to politely think of the words to tell Gregg's Father-in Law (Tony) why you can't use a Matchbox Tonka Truck as a Pommel

[​IMG]

It only Took Chad 7 Minutes to win the "First Blood Award" - Here I am declaring him the Winner

[​IMG]

Here is Darren asking Xrissy if he can take that Little green pill to make the voices Stop

[​IMG]

Here is the Channel 6TV Camera Guy that Stopped in to Put the event on the Local News

[​IMG]

Don't Even ASK

[​IMG]

MORE TO FOLLOW...........

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  9. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

It kept them away from the grill until we were ready to serve....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  10. HellBilly

HellBilly Little member

Grind-In 2012

Enjoyed meeting new guys and gals and making some killer knives.

Thank you Ron! Never had a chance to go to anything like this before and you put on an outstanding event!

Thank you Mike G for all the help/ideas/and the funny ass stories.

Big thank you to Mike S for treating us like family. You let us come into your shop, finger-bang all your stuff, help me/us with our ideas, and gave instruction on what we needed to do to un-fuck our fuck-ups! Your crew did an outstanding job.

Not to have a love-fest, but no way I could put into words what a great experience this was. Collected, been around, used knives all my life....to get the chance to step into the shop completely changes the outlook and adds a whole other level of respect to what goes into the craft.

:becoming:Later....Hellbilly:becoming:

tubtar, Mike Grasso and Tony8179 like this.
  11. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

That little green pill made things worse. I started seeing faces to go with the voices. :ross:

Tony8179 likes this.
  12. Xrissy

Xrissy Little member Lady Devil

Xrissy dittos Hellbilly......Thanks y'all, it was a good time!
    :knifey::knifey::knifey:

13. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

I'm still in Da U.P.

Made a wrong turn some where around Manistique and I'm stuck in a time warp..
    Probably be home sometime tomorrow.....

Anyhow had a Super great time. My Son and Son-in-Law were able to join me and I fear they are addicted to the "Grind-In".
    My Son had to get back so we had to leave early Sunday and were unable to make any knives the second day. The knives made on Saturday are spectacular.
    Great to see the JD Gang again!
    Until next time.................

14. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

Me and the wife had a great time over the weekend- met a few people, learned a few things and walked away with some nice pieces of steel. I would of liked to stay a third day instead of biking around Makinac Island but had to do something on the wife's list. I think they call that give and take.

Mike, family, and crew are good peoples- answered lots of dumb questions, fixed lots of mistakes and smiled the whole time. :manganr:

If your into knives this is really an experience no one should deny themselves. I was actually inspired to go by DaBird, he went last year, signed up to go again this year, unfortunately he passed. You never know what tomorrow brings, kind of opened up my eyes to go out and do, instead of saying: Oh!, maybe next year. Take care. Kirk

15. Sticky Rick

Sticky Rick Huge member

Sitting in Detroit with Mike Grasso

Going thru major withdrawal, we finally had to leave Bark River after 7 of the best days of bonding with my brothers and heading to my other family on the left coast. Already counting days till Ice In in Feb.
    Mike Leslie and their family and crew really know how to make us feel welcome and missed before the wheels were off the ground.
    I got to meet Ron and many more Devils....very cool
    So I find myself really giving a fuck.....naw, just a passing thought

16. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

It's very easy to give a fuck after being up there with the crew at BRK. One of these days I'll head back.

17. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

They said they needed teachers, too! :ropeman: :jdwink2: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah:

18. Mike Stewart

It was a big Help to have Lon come to the event to give a hand as a teacher and mentor to some of the first timers.

It is much appreciated.

19. Peter Bruno

Peter Bruno Average member

I met Thor!

So I got to meet Thor, AKA Parker on here, and it was awesome. Knock one down off the bucket list. Yea buddy. Oh, and the JD Grind-In at Bark River was a blast as well. Had a great time. :manganr:

20. Mike Stewart