1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

Tony8179 Feb 27, 2012

?

*Official* Bark River JD Grind-In (September 7-9 2012)

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Need more information, and will reply here, accordingly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

So I'm sitting here thinking that plans and reservations need to be made for myself for this year's Bark River / JD Grind-In. For those of you that are new around here, the details are simple. The invitation is open to all Devilz. The destination is Escanaba, MI. The time is usually in September. The plan is to meet some really amazing people and to make some really amazing knives. Just do a search of past Grind-Ins and you can see what I'm talking about. It's a weekend thing so Mike Stewart and his family invite us into their lives for a few days and you basically live the dream. It's all about good people, good food, good times, and on top of that you make your own knife. It's an experience unlike any other that I've had and I can not wait to do it again this year.

So here are the questions posed to all the Devilz. Who's in? Who's out? When do we do this?

If we're doing it in Septemeber again then I say the earlier the better. Honestly, it just gets me out there faster if it's earlier. :manganr: Let's talk about when we want to do this. Of course we need Mike to chime in to let us know when it is good for him and his crew as well.

If this gets the ball rolling now it gives people time to start saving up and make the necessary arranements to get your butts out there for a great time. This experience doesn't take a whopping bite of the wallet and whatever it does cost, it's so worth it. So let's get going! Let's get a date stamped on this and the earlier you make flight arrangements the cheaper it is. Get those hotel reservations made. If people want to bunk in the same rooms then start making those plans. I have a feeling that this year's Grind-In is going to be one of the best!

EDIT: I figured I'd show what I made last year with the help of Mike and his spectacular crew.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    DaBird likes this.
  2. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Just got back from the Epic Ice-In of 2012.
    Last year the Jd Grind-In was a great time and I'll be attending again this year.

I like the idea of having it sometime in September.
    Last year it was the first weekend in October.
    Should be some pictures posted pretty quick of the Ice-In knives..

GEEZER

3. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Bird will be there

I agree with everything Tony posted. Mike , his wife , children , and EVERY ONE of the Bark River crew went balls out to make sure each of us Devils felt welcome and left the GI with the knife of our dreams.

As a Grind-In "cherry" --- I was sort of overwelmed by the thought of "trying" to make a knife --- with lots of help from the BR crew { even Mike S helped grind mine} I got to bring home two knives that I will NEVER sell/trade.

Ps -- did I say they fed us like Kings/Queens the whole weekend ??

My two treasures from Bark River ;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Grind-In goes sooo far beyond words its about feelings -- The feeling of making something that you never thought you could , the feeling of being with like minded people who laugh and share all with you , the feeling of being made welcome to a mans business and let free to use anything in the building , and the feeling of "DAMN , I AM SO GLAD I WENT" !!!! You OWE IT to yourself and we have to say THANK YOU Mike Stewart ---- and your family/crew.

GEEZER likes this.
  4. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

I will do everything in my power to attend!

5. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

I agree with everything Tony, Geezer, and DaBird said...
    I'm sorry to sat that I missed last weekend's Ice-In due to work overload - that won't happen again.

Count me in for the Grind-In. I'd prefer September...

Here're my two from last year (big thanks to Mike and the BR crew!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  6. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I am down like 4 flat tires! (tyres)

:towtruck:

7. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

i will not be missing that.

8. sandwich

sandwich Brigade Member Brigade Member

I'm definitely in again, I just gotta figure out how I'm gonna get there. Hopefully we get official dates soon cause the time off calendar is filling up at work. I'd hate to miss this, had such a great time last year :ross:

9. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Ron & I spoke briefly about this yesterday.

I agree that September is better and I am truly open to any weekend in September.

The first Weekend is Labor Day weekend so I feel that one is out.

The Choices are:

7th - 8th - 9th.

14th - 15th -16th

21s t- 22nd - 23rd

28th - 29th - 1st - This was the one from last year.

I asked Ron to look his Calendar over and help pick one.

Mike

Ronlad likes this.
  10. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

Y'all are some TEASERS! I told my wife after I saw pics from the last Grind-In that I wanted to go to the next one! Now there's a possibility that it'll be held on my birthday, Sept. 07......... Holy Hell! I soooo don't need to spend that kinda money (travel and missing work would cost over $600 alone, not even considering the price for the event).... but man this would be sooo badass to chill with some of the devils. Decisions, Decisions.

11. Mr.LaBella

Labor Day would have been great............:ropeman:

12. norcal13

keep it away from st. michael.

13. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Only if those of us with families were set up to get divorces.

14. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just follow my example and get it out of the way before then, Mike :devilzeek

For the record, I have been sorely AWOL from these shindigs for some time now. Unacceptable behavior on my part, SO.....count me in.

Likely a "plus one" with me.

And maybe Mike can get his shit together on that framelock so I can buy a Sebenza from him :bwah:

15. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

as always maybe... but probably not this year.

16. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Guys and gals, I have an update.

Upon showing my Del Elay damascus boot dag to my "plus one," she asked when the dates are.

If it is not entirely problematic we'd like to keep this to either the weekend of the 7th, 14th or the 21st - the 29th is a little tougher here.

17. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Hells yeah !
    As long as I have some lead time........a couple weeks minimum , I will get my schedule in order and my stars aligned.
    We need to get Ron to Mpls at a decent hour so we can get some real vittles though.:thumbsup:

18. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Yup..., and that stripper Trixie I had lined up may still want to meet him.

19. Mr.LaBella

I miss Trixie, and wondered where she had gone... :ropeman: :jdwink2:

20. norcal13

WTF?
    get positive motherfucker.