1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

*OFFICIAL* Balisong Picture Thread

swingshot Jan 26, 2005

1. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

It looks similar. The one I have has burl inserts. They look fantastic. I was surprised. I've never seen something like this with such nice burled wood inserts in brass channels.

2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yuppers, both of mine have the lovely wood inserts as well. I will get a better pic up in daylight. I have one on my server somewhere trying to find it.

EDIT, found it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  3. Cole

Cole Huge member

Thought I might just toss this in here:manganr:
    [​IMG]

Sorry, it's not the greatest picture. All I've got is my phone at the moment. It's really tough to get it to capture the ano. Maybe I'll attempt to take a better one tomorrow.

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster Average member

I know it's nothing special, but I scored this bad boy today while visiting Whitehall, PA. I spotted it in the case of an Army Navy sore. So after much hesitation to violating the sanctity of my wallet, I did eventually decide to snag it. I was even able to haggle the guy down to $224. Two and a quarter for a 42S? I'll take that any day. It's in near perfect condition too.

Yes. That was what the sticker that it had from the store. $280?! Son, that's MSRP circia 2004.

[​IMG]

There was a catch though...

[​IMG]

So thank you G.A.S. Thank you for getting me a killer deal on a beauty of a knife. And thank you for giving it some character along the way.

VANELLI likes this.
  5. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Damn, Glenn and Wyldstyl3, I'm truly jealous of those!

6. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

Nice score! If that engraving isn't too deep maybe you could just go ahead and have the handles filed down a bit and ano'd :thumbsup:

7. truepaganini

truepaganini JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Matt Cook Spa'd 42

Just got this one back a few days ago, Mr. Cook did a fantastic job. The ano is more blue than purple in person.

[​IMG]

8. Kstreetmafia

Kstreetmafia JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nice man! I'd love to see some more pictures, more angles if you're able to. :thumbsup:

9. truepaganini

Sure, here's some different angles-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That really does look nice...

truepaganini likes this.
  11. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That looks sweet! :devilzeek

12. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Very cool! Did he do more than just anodize it?

13. Flippin-crazy

Flippin-crazy Level: True Devil

Very nice! Matt does amazing work?:thumbsup:

14. Kstreetmafia

Kstreetmafia JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thank you! That is a nice piece, I like it!

15. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pulled the trigger and picked on up while in line at the beer store :manganr: For the price of a CCC I figured why not pick up a beater. I see what you mean about the shitty roll pins. Curious what exactly you replaced them with? The holes look pretty tiny. Did you have to mod them to fit? Also can't tell if there are any washers in there.

Its nice and loud...really *CLACKS* when you flip it. Perfect for pissing off wifey and getting her to move to another room :manganr::devilfinger:

16. truepaganini

ya Mr. Cook the whole "spa" job. he mirror polished the blade, got some minor scratches off the handles, and put in some PB washers. Flips very nicely.

17. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's pretty spectacular! Kudos to you, Sir!

truepaganini likes this.
  18. Icceal555

Icceal555 Huge member

I'm not sure of the exact diameter, but I think it's about 1/8''. Spring steel roll pins are the ones you want. You may have to tap them in with a hammer, but they should fit as is. I would also suggest using a small hole punch that fits just inside the end of the roll pin and tapping it with a hammer on either side once in the pivot. This slightly expands the roll pin at either end, making it much less likely to fall out.

No washers by the way, and I couldn't find any at the hardware store that were thin enough to fit, but you might be able to order some.

19. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

ahh, so still have to use roll pins. no worries, appreciate the advice. do you dremel cut them so they dont pinch? ive used snips before and they end up pinching and the ends are a mess.

20. Icceal555

Icceal555 Huge member

A dremel or grinder should work.