1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

October 2009 Maker of the Month Fred Rowe

IWantThatKnife Oct 3, 2009

1. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

October Featured Knife Maker, Fred Rowe, Bethel Ridge Forge. I first met Fred about 5 years ago at the Koval Knife Show in Cambridge, OH. He is a very soft spoken gentleman who I am proud to call friend. Fred forges his own damascus and is a very creative maker. A retired finish carpenter, he obviously has an eye (and hand) for detail. Fred also is the master of his own dojo, in the lower level of his house and has some very good students of his martial art. He has just recently applied for a patent for a blade grinding jig that even an amateur like me can grind the right angle! Thanks Fred, it is my pleasure to know you, call you my friend, and sell your knives...

[​IMG]
    Utility Knife Damascus, burl, antler, and copper with black fiber spacers

[​IMG]
    Damascus Fighter, Mossy Oak handle, elk skull bone spacer, and wrought iron furniture $700

[​IMG]
    Twist Damascus, stabilized burl, bowling ball spacer $350

[​IMG]
    Burl, Damascus, antler, copper, and black fiber spacers, Skinner with Plains Indian War Bonnet Scrimshaw $425

[​IMG]
    Small using knife, a gift from Fred to me nfs

[​IMG]
    I forgot this integral bolstered knife and had to borrow a photo from Fred's website. $350

[​IMG]
    The Bears $5,000 the pair. My ex-wife scrimmed the handles for these knives before they had the blades attached. When I saw the knives I had to have them. The dagger, smaller of the two, has a 9-1/2" blade. Another good friend, Sandy Morrissey, made the sheaths...

2. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Average member

Practical beauties, especially the first one! There's no price. Is it for sale?

3. IWantThatKnife

Lightnin - I have misplaced the knife and have to find it before I can put it up for sale again...

4. fred.rowe

fred.rowe knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I say again, my friend; I am both honored and humbled to be the featured maker on your forum.

Tim supported my work before I new much about knifemaking and has continued to do so as my work has matured.

He will treat you right in a deal and is a man of his word. Thats why I call him friend.

All the best to you and Vicky, Fred

5. IWantThatKnife

Fred, my friend, thank you for the very kind words.

6. Walking Man

Walking Man Xenu's lovechild My Ass is on Probation

I met Fred at a couple of shows, and he's a HELL of a nice guy!
    EXCELLENT attention to detail too.... but he work speaks for itself.
    His work looks even better in person. It's hard to believe, but true.

7. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

Very Nice indeed......Congrats for Marker of the Month! :semper: