1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Nymphomanic: volume 1

Bango Skank Sep 20, 2014

1. Bango Skank

Bango Skank Level: True Devil

Nymphomaniac: Volume 1

I am not sure exactly where to start.

I was captivated by this film, and I use the term film in the strictest sense. This is truly one of these that pushes the limits of art to an extent that I have been waiting for. A film that is unflinching in its portrayal of life in all its beauty and horror. This film does that. It is almost an embodiment of the age old question; is this life imitating art or is this art imitating life. Can a film define a generation? A society?

Now on the topic of nymphomania, I do recognize the existence of these sort of problems though I personally do not consider myself a nymphomaniac. This brings me to my problem with the film and it is really the only one and that is that the story centers itself on a nymphomaniac. I would have much rather this been a group of survivors of some horrible incident. Or a rag tag group of spacers or something like that. Alas, I did not make the movie. And if I could I would not change it. Setting my personal bias aside I think that the story of a nymphomaniac can be and is most interesting. I fear that this film will get classified as one of those fringe erotica films, when in reality it is so much more than that. I guess when you put a German behind the camera you get cutting edge film making as well as explicit sex, no two ways about it.

Offensive, intelligent, provocative, professional, cunning, brave, endearing, exciting, ambitious, possibly inspiring are all notions that I will associate this film with in my mind.
    If there were a film to get an academy award, in my opinion it should be this one. For at least one of many things.

I watched it on Netflix, but you should be able to find it anywhere. Watcher be warned.

2. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'll watch it on Netflix tonight. Thanks.