1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

NYC Road Rage

sheneniganer Oct 1, 2013

1. scott308

scott308 Huge member

As an expectant father (boy due in three weeks), I was forced to think long and hard as to how I would react in this situation. Despite considerable physical attributes/training and a type-A personality, I am not a tough guy. Logic dictates that after the initial accident, I would have remained in my car, made a phone call, and waited on the authorities to show up. However, once an attempt is made to enter my vehicle all bets are off and those forgotten children of Darwin must die! Anticipating tragic results for myself, I can only hope that my wife would explain to my son that his father unfailingly treated all people with respect and dignity. He expected to be treated in the same manner. My wife would further articulate that her husband/his father believed that certain lines cannot be crossed nor retreated from(excuse the preposition). For when those lines are crossed, extreme violence is warranted and necessary.

One of my favorite quotes seems applicable: " The nakedness of man in the face of absurdity" Albert Camus:cry:

ded i likes this.
  2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I'm glad that the guy in the Range Rover wasn't charged.

He shoulda ran Cruz over. Idiots.

3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

In a situation where your life and/or your family`s life is threatened, only one law applies....that`s the Universal Law Of Survival, and anything goes....

Those bikers now better understand the meaning of "You fuck with the bull, you get the horns"....

4. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

Mob mentality is scary stuff.

5. hamburger

hamburger Super Deluxe Double Cheeseburger Knife Maker or Craftsman

there is a psychological word for this kind of behavior. it happens at football games in the US but to a greater extent in the EU anywhere there is a crowd gathered for a group minded event. i suggest that you take bikes out of this equation. If all of these guys were on horses and the other dude would have been in a buggy it would have been the same.

what if the dude with the wife and kid was on a motorcycle and the gang was on horses. it would have been the same. the motorcycle would have scared the horses and then they beat the motorcycle rider.

We should have called in the Amish Mafia to control.

it all reverts back to human nature. on or off bikes they would have done the same.

The loser in this situation is the bikes. The humans give them a bad name. They humans would have did what they did anyway.

stdlrf11 likes this.
  6. ssgdigital

ssgdigital Little member

I saw somebody mentioned about a gun (maybe overkill on the Assault rifle talk) but here in Kansas if someone was being attacked and being dragged out of their vehicles and savagely beaten, well I'm pretty sure that's why they issue CCW licenses.

7. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I'd like to know if the driver of the Range Rover said or did anything (:devilfinger:) to instigate what eventually happened.

8. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Even with a CCW, it might prove a difficult defense if one were to take out more than the few individuals entering the vehicle ("few" that I could see anyway). However running over more of them in an attempt to escape seems to be OK!

Me too!

9. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

It was cocaine or heroin mixed with Gun Powder. Nicholas Cage's character was forced to snort it since he was the "Lord of War" in the film.

10. Alabama

Alabama Average member

Amazing video. We'll never know the whole truth. Now that it's coming out that there were multiple cops in the gang who did nothing to stop it, and the NYPD has serious civil liability exposure, now we'll NEVER know the facts, guaranteed.

I've been on the interstate, middle of nowhere, thin traffic, and a bike gang comes along and one keeps brake-checking me just like the Land Rover here. I could slow down, put space, refuse to play, and the a-holes moved on. I was lucky.
    The Land Rover driver here was in a totally different situation, and likely a no-win scenario for him no matter what he chose. The gang was totally at fault.

Until I saw the video I didn't know the Land Rover family was Asian.