1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

NRB Designs Trapcode

sadnaps Jun 22, 2018

1. IAmNotARealBoy_

IAmNotARealBoy_ Iamarealcrybaby

If it were a severe issue, that affected literally anything, I'd be more concerned about replacing them. Considering all the paper shim does is stop it from rattling, and nothing else. If that's the worst thing anyone can come up with regarding my knife, I'm damn pleased with it for my first run.

Edit: Also, it's alot easier to not have to raise your price when you start out $120 higher. I started out at $250, then decided to raise the price to $265, and include a set of Ti spacers, as well as the default AL spacers, so each user can pick their preference. And secondly, my machine shop fucked up on the first quote they gave me, and manufacture cost is $40 more than I was expecting, thus, raising theprice, and I only raised it $25. And I stuck with the $265 price tag for the first batch, because that's what it was advertised as, I lose out on $1,250 because I didn't want each person paying $25 extra since I advertised it as $265, and the price was only changed because of an issue that was out of my control.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    GriffFlipper likes this.
  2. IAmNotARealBoy_

Poor tolerances or design lead to the blade getting scratched under basic use. For anyone who doesn't beat their knives just because they can, that's an issue. Depending on the severity, the blade can get caught on the liner, and fuck up aerials, potentially getting cut from faulty bushing. If a knife can be designed to avoid that entirely, it would be stupid not to.

GriffFlipper likes this.
  3. IAmNotARealBoy_

I should have left an annoying, disturbing noise because "SOUND DAMPENING PAPER SHIMS REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

GriffFlipper likes this.
  4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

But your absolutely certain that nobody elses prices have risen while they've held their prices?

Blade scratches are a non issue on a flipper or a knife you use to ya know cut things. My knives have more marking from whittling and making smores sticks for my kid than blade rub. If you just want to open it and close it and admire it go buy a folder.

So how do your customers contact you to get the new properly sized pins for free?

5. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Are you triggered or what?

You damned sure aren't psychic so where do you come up with the brs trash?

I did not once mention them in this thread (or any other recently) and you have no clue at all what my opinion of them (or their quality control) is.

Go ahead and find one instance where I defended or mentioned them.

I'll wait.

Besides that, you really have no idea what I think of garret either. If you read my posts IN THIS THREAD you'd see I didn't speak in riddles or innuendo. I didn't roast him. I clearly asked questions, made statements and shared MY opinions.

You're not even almost right with anything you said in your post quoting me.

Did you find anywhere that I mentioned brs yet? I didn't think so.

*triggered

6. blkolb

blkolb Little Member

A lot of my replies are kind of like reply alls. So dont take them too personally if I address out of context things. Most of which are from other comments.

Anywho sorry to rile you up. I'm not quite in the mood for arguing this anymore.

7. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Read your posts and then read mine.

Looks who appears more riled up.

I'll wait.

8. blkolb

blkolb Little Member

Oh no I agree. I was definitely riled up. I am just letting you know I have since withdrawn and you don't have to waste your energy like I did.

desmodus likes this.
  9. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

….DDR apprentice?

10. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Someone hit me up when one of these ends up on JD for half price.

From a materials and aesthetics POV, it doesn't really stand out from anything else on the market.

People are buying up ANYTHING bali-related these days.

[​IMG]

11. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Alright so I kind of yelled "fire" and ran without giving a fair and honest opinion on the knife.

Setting aside my pre conceived notions of the maker, I have no harsh criticism of the design. For me a latchless knife is an instant no-buy because it seems incomplete, so there's that.

Aesthetically the knife is pretty neutral to me. There's nothing to really love or hate about the design. It incorporates a lot of things from other knives in a way that isn't obnoxious, unlike how the Pelican was like "yo dawg, I heard you like chevrons".

As far as the ex11 comparison goes, imo any hole and slot pattern will draw those comparisons. It's not similar enough to be considered a rip off. It' not like people are saying balibalistic knives are BM ripoffs because of their hole patterns and weehawks.

I also personally have no beef with having parts machined out of the country. I have no horse in that race and until it becomes an issue I'll likely continue to not give a shit.

The price seems good, and if the quality matches it you'll likely have a real consumer base.

GriffFlipper and bradenwright like this.
  12. Taylor Mead

Taylor Mead Little Member

What's with all the hate on NRB?? I've seen his mods they look great as well as his original Balisongs. If he's getting PARTS sent from overseas [ the same exact thing that benchmade and the love of your life BRS does as well] and assembling them in the USA it's perfectly legal. As for brs there are a lot of QC issues ie tap / rub and week screws. If you say you've never sheared or stripped a brs screw your either a liar or a collector letting dust gather on your flippers. That being said my favorite current Bali is my brs ab 3.0

GriffFlipper and bradenwright like this.
  13. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

We're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, [​IMG]

bass_master likes this.
  14. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

If you read the whole thread, youd probably see where/why some are not supportive.

But since you didnt read the instructions on posting an intro,.....

15. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

At least he's not selling Chinese diplomas! :bwah:

16. VortexFan

VortexFan Tiny Member

meanwhile I'm still looking for a NRB Vortex

snache likes this.
  17. TheronJ

Necro post ayyy.

It's funny reading back through this topic and seeing how things went.

My personal opinions have changed a bit and I eventually ended up picking up a NRB Trapcode.

It's a pretty decent knife. Flips pretty well and the construction is solid. My opinions of the design have mostly remained the same except that I've opened up to latchless designs since nobody seems interested in making latches any more.

snache likes this.
  18. VortexFan

VortexFan Tiny Member

oh nice, he stopped the trap code since.
    But as he is always out of stock and the restock is in like 6 months I will go for a squid trainer or Krake Raken trainer I think. Far easier to get

snache likes this.
  19. TheronJ

Squid makes good stuff. I'm not really into trainers or aluminum handles in general but squid industries definitely does it better than most.

I'd advise not to pay the ludicrous secondary market prices on a lot of stuff though, especially since they have fairly regular restocks.

20. VortexFan

VortexFan Tiny Member

yeah that is what I have heard about them, a lot of good reviews. As I was only training with my lego balisogns I made I prefer to go on the safe side for now. They are some good deals on secondary market at first glance but it seems really shady, I will go for the real product on their website to ensure the quality. Thank you for the advice!