1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

NRB Designs Trapcode

sadnaps Jun 22, 2018

1. IAmNotARealBoy_

IAmNotARealBoy_ Iamarealcrybaby

"Who doesn't take their knife apart at some point?"

You'd be surprised how many people don't take their knives apart, mainly from companies voiding warranties if so. Knives are meant to be taken apart.

"How you view the product, your kidding. I view any bali with paper shims serving any function, as a piece of shit."

Great, no need to waste your money on one then. And also *you're.

"I now know all I need to. I hope you warned those customers."

Everyone knew I would be hand grinding down the pins to avoid the extra wait time. As for the shims, that would be like me saying that I'm going to change my bushing thickness by .0005", it's unnecessary. if everyone's option were either an unavoidable, annoying rattling sound, or a shim put in place to prevent that, what do you think they would have chosen? Like I said, this won't happen for future batches, as it was a mistake from my manufacturer, which in the end effected nothing. I made do with what I had. If you don't like my products, or how I choose to do things, that's fine. You don't have to buy them, and both of us will still somehow manage to survive.

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yep! Bear and Son don't have issues selling their knives either.

GuItArMaN8373 and BennytheBlade like this.
  3. IAmNotARealBoy_

Sadly that's true.

4. laughingbuddha

Yep! If you price low enough any fool will buy it.. even if it's a POS.

*** Oh shit! Snap!!! :bwah:

5. sage

sage JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Always thought quality was objective. Guess quality is subjective.

6. IAmNotARealBoy_

Bears Ops/Bear Ops: Handles break after 2 days, tang pins fall out/break quickly, terrible materials, and terrible build quality, and a company that doesn't stand behind their products.

Mine: Literally none of that. Hmmmmm

7. sage

sage JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I think technically you are contributing to the drama. I'm not saying that's bad, just sayin....
    Oh, and by the way, what are you doing this Saturday? A group of us are getting together to see how far we can urinate.

8. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Here's a lesson - the only thing you have in this world is your integrity.

You've shown disdain for other manufacturers then you shake off or convienently misremeber when it affects you.

I've seen you bash quality control of manufacturers and tout the Chinese only to hear about washer issues and crunchy pivots that need breaking in on their 500 dollar knife.

You complain about the BRS kanban product manfuacturing philosophy but then casually drop that you've made changes to future runs so issues don't crop up again.

You hold your lawyers opinion higher than Spyderco apparently.

Basically can't nobody tell you shit... Well guess what...some lessons can only be learned one way.

Good luck.

Ben. and seandavid55 like this.
  9. IAmNotARealBoy_

I dislike that BRS refuses to acknowledge their obvious, and continually bad quality issues.

My first batch had a slight issue. First batch, slight issue. Almost nothing gets off to a perfect start.

The Maxace Pelican was the first Maxace knife to have a noticable issue, the thrust washers were too thick, and it put too much pressure on them. I told FLS, FLS told Maxace, Maxace fixed the problem. And even if they didn't. I'd rather have a breaking period like every bearing knife, than poor machining or surface finishing.

I dislike silent changes that they don't tell anyone about. Changing the scale thickness of an ab, as well as the surface finish and texture are fairly big things. I highly dislike the new surface finish feel, and I'm sure some don't like the thickness increase, or weight increase and balance change. And not to mention, BRS has V1 and V2 models, so many changes that it requires them to release an entirely new version. My knife had one singular mistake, the depth of a hole, and i wanted to rush to get them to the customers.

I think Spyderco made other mistakes. There are plenty of court cases in the recent years that backup my claims and beliefs.

I like constructive feedback from those who have actually handled the knife, to increase performance. Not some raging dumbass saying how a knife they've never owned or felt, sucks flipping wise.

GriffFlipper likes this.
  10. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

does this mean you told all of your customers that you shimmed their bali with paper?

G-man, Ben. and seandavid55 like this.
  11. IAmNotARealBoy_

I told all of them that I decided to hand grind the pins down to get them their knives 3 weeks or more sooner, and they were on board with it. With hand grinding them, it was either I have rattle, or I use a shim to eliminate the rattle. If you had to pick, which would you have preferred?

12. laughingbuddha

:fixed:

Ben., seandavid55 and BennytheBlade like this.
  13. IAmNotARealBoy_

100%, I actually just sent them broken knives, they barely function at all, the small pieces of paper were to distract them from seeing the blade glued together in 7 spots.

14. laughingbuddha

4 pages of waffle and not one person has asked what this thing looks like :ropeman:

I hear that its heavily.. HEAVILY.. H E A V I L Y.. inspired by GDok's Ex bali's :giggle:

15. IAmNotARealBoy_

1:1 scale EX11 clone.

Attached Files:

16. laughingbuddha

Definitely an improvement on the proto.

Needs less nipple though.

17. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I would have waited. I never would have wanted to pay for what you delivered. That's me. I have higher standards. Your market is primarily kids who don't know any better and don't have the ability to be patient enough for a solid quality product. They're part of the 'mememe right fucking now I don't care' generation.

You're catering to them and filling a hole in the market that most of us want nothing to do with.

skyblue, Ben. and seandavid55 like this.
  18. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Over at Reddit you've routinely stated that you'll send out replacement hardware free of charge... Surely you've had the replacement pins manufactured to the correct tolerances by now.

Are you going to wait for your customers to inquire or will you be proactively sending customers the new pins?

I buy the company not just the product. The tach 2 is a fine flipping knife but I passed many times on it because I don't care for the company that made it.

Some stuff can only be learned through experience - it is just so odd for me for you to not understand that folks like Jerry and BRS have much more of that than you....and that at some point you may end up taking the same bridge that you've spent years burning.

One other fact. Your already talking about raising prices when the fact is I can still buy an AB today for the same price as when it came out years ago.....

Ben., desmodus and BennytheBlade like this.
  19. desmodus

If that's the case, then you're definitely doing worse with comments like this:

Sean had valid questions asked directly regarding points that would certainly interest people who value integrity.

Garret either missed or dodged the question more than once and still has not directly said that he did not tell his kids customers that there's paper shimming their Bali.

Do we really need to define 'integrity' or point out what's going on here? How about 'transparency'?

I hope not...

20. Ben.

Ben. Not FBI JDBA Official Member

IMG_1530109570198.jpg
    IMG_1530109579526.jpg
    IMG_1530109545727.jpg