1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Notepad covers

mikeymoto Dec 28, 2013

1. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Don't make me cu..OW! Knife Maker or Craftsman

I've made some notepad covers I like a lot and want to share the love. These covers are made to hold the 3.5" x 5.5" Clairefontaine "Life. unplugged" series notepads because that's what I like. The notepads have 48 ruled sheets and you can buy 2-pack refills from me or other places online. Each cover comes with one such notepad included.

I have 4 covers available, as described below:

0 black covers made from 500 denier Cordura. The embroidery is red and the stitching also is red.

1 brown covers made from 1050 denier ballistic nylon. The embroidery is red and the stitching is a light gray.

They fit great in a back pocket. Overall dimensions are about 6.5" x 4".

The 500 denier (weight) Cordura is lighter than the 1050 denier ballistic. The Cordura feels slightly rough whereas the ballistic is smoother to the touch and has a more pronounced pattern to its weave. Both covers are urethane coated on the inside to provide water resistance; the resistance doesn't matter much in this application since the sides are open. :unintroduced:

You might be wondering why the different thread colors. I embroider with very good quality but also very thin polyester thread. For the stitching I'm using a heavy duty nylon thread.

Do not expect perfectly straight stitching; I'm not an expert sewer, but I am getting better at it! I embroider and make these here at home in Seattle, WA.

The price for each cover is $17 shipped to your US address. If your shipping address is outside the USA tell me your address and I will tell you the additional cost for shipping.

Please reply to this thread or PM me and I'll send you my Paypal address, or my mailing address if you prefer to send a check or US money order.

If there is interest I am open to making some more of these. I bought some 500D Cordura in blue and also some 840D "junior ballistic" in black. I think the junior ballistic is going to be a winner and personally look forward to using that.

Pictured is the maxmadco aluminum bolt action pen. The pen is obviously for demonstration purposes only and does not come with your cover. I do love this pen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    Mr.LaBella likes this.
  2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Just got mine yesterday, goes hand in hand with my Fisher Space Pens!

Thanks MikeyMoto! :bow:

:$:

3. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

OK fine, I'll take a black one and one of the keychains you did also! I'll post in that thread for the bump but just one please.:thumbsup:

Nice website by the way!

4. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Can you make one for a ipad mini???:madaddy:

5. markandrex

On it's way!:thumbsup:

6. markandrex

Arrived today with the keychain, great work!:thumbsup:
    Fat-fingered the feedback but pm'd the boss to fix.
    Great work on the JD gear!

BUMP

7. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yeah, You definitely have to make more.

I saw Ron's on Saturday, and I have to say, it was sweet.

I was wondering if you have plans to do one with the JD insignia on the front...maybe even full size? :decisions

8. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Don't make me cu..OW! Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'll give 'er a shot and see how it goes...

9. ufokillerz

ufokillerz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

+1

Ron's looked pretty damn good, but the insignia out from would make it even better!

10. Scurvy

Scurvy 2nd Knifiest Brigade Member

I have the Maxmadco pen and it is FANTASTIC!! I love it and carry it every day!

Unfortunately, I don't have a notepad to necessitate one of those sweet covers though.

11. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

+1 - excellent!

If you make more, I'll take one in black!

And, I'd prefer one with the JD insignia on the front...maybe even full size?!?