1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

NFA Questions Answered

Mike Grasso Feb 11, 2015

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

[​IMG]

This was pricey but well worth it. I shot 300 rounds through it today.

Integrated suppressed Barrel in stainless steel Ruger Mark IV, Target model.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BowtownBlade and seandavid55 like this.
  2. CDR_Glock

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I acquired some flash suppressors that were threaded. Had a barrel fitted for a 1911. Acquired a few threaded barrels as well as the CZ 75 Tactical that was suppressor ready.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    seandavid55 likes this.
  3. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

It is hard to beat rimfire cans, they are lots of fun in my book !

CDR_Glock and seandavid55 like this.
  4. CDR_Glock

They’re super fun. I have been working on trying to figure out how to make Semiautomatic firearms work with subsonic Ammunition. Not a problem with 9mm, 300 AAC, or even 9 mm, but I’m working on tweaking 22 LR, which is more challenging.

I acquired a Volquartsen recoil spring for the Ruger Mark IV that is rated for light ammo. I also changed the Firing pin to a Titanium one. I’ll try it out this weekend, as it’s too dark to shoot after work.

For the Ruger 10/22, I am changing the recoil springs, extractor, and firing pin from Kidd. I also plan to polish and radius my bolt.

BowtownBlade likes this.
  5. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Very interesting. I've never had an issue cycling either ammo in my ruger pistol or rifle.

Which .22 can are you using?

6. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

For me it is more the ammo, Eley and Gemtech work fine in my semi auto's, CCI are iffy. My 10/22 seems to shoot any ammo with a can on it. My handguns are the Browning buckmark and Kimber Rimfire Target. Kimber works best with Eley. I have the Dead Air Mask and Silencerco Spectre II. I would like to find out about the buffer Sean mentioned for the 10/22.

7. seandavid55

https://www.gunmann.com/best-1022-bolt-buffers/

Heres a link to a few brands. Honestly I can not remember which mine is. Been a long time. Sure quiets the action down.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    BennytheBlade and BowtownBlade like this.
  8. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Personally Federal .22 Subsonic has been great for me. Very clean shooting too.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  9. CDR_Glock

I bought a few different brands of ammo, by Federal, Winchester, Remington, CCI, Fiocchi, Norma and Aguila.

I like CCI, Fiocchi and Aguila for sound, reliability of primers and accuracy.

Now that I have experimented with a few different cans, it brings up a question of suppressing certain calibers. I’ll pose that as a question as a separate topic....

GuItArMaN8373 likes this.
  10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

If I want to put a stock on my Mossberg Shockwave ( 14" barrel ) what do I need to do? Shouldn't need a Trust.. and when I die my kid can just put the birds head grip back on to make it factory legal again. Thoughts? So in essence I'll have to pay the feds to make my shotgun longer...? How much does it cost?

11. seandavid55

I'm not a SBS expert by any means. But I think you just file a form 1. Include a $200 dollar check and wait for the stamp. When that comes in, modify the gun and have the proper engraving added.

El Gringo likes this.
  12. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Form 1 takes about 3 weeks according to the LGS right now. Doing my Scorpion EVO next week.