1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

NFA Questions Answered

Mike Grasso Feb 11, 2015

1. Carson

Carson Rust Wizard Brigade Member

I contacted the NFA this morning.

Form 4 Individual Submitted 12-14-15
    Form 3 approved 12-28-15
    Form 4 approved 3-10-15

Now if my transferor will just get my approval papers, I can go pick it up! Seems like if the approver only has 30 days to send it out, they should arrive sometimes this week?

*edit* apparently he received my paperwork about 10 days ago and lost my contact info.. was waiting on me to call. I'm going to head up there tomorrow and get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
  2. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

Form 4 Trust

Silencerco Octane 45K

Submitted - 12/15/15
    Pending - 12/21/15
    Approved - 4/23/16

3. TheBadGuy

There is nothing like some free time at the workbench to fondle some goodness!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sheldon_Wickersham likes this.
  4. TheBadGuy

Woo hoo

Form 4 Trust

Rugged Obsidian 45

Submitted - 1/4/16
    Pending - 1/12/16
    Approved - 5/20/16

5. TheBadGuy

I picked up my M92 Pap which is my next SBR project last night and my Rugged Obsidian showed today in the mail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Has anyone submitted a Form 1 or Form 4 for a trust since the new Rule 41F came into effect?

7. BenDibble

BenDibble Resident Mortician JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

8. TheBadGuy

There are two silencers I really really want now. The Silencerco Omega 9k and a YHM Nitro. I am trying to be patient and let all these post 41F submissions thin out over next month or two before I submit. My dealer has his own fingerprint photo system going and when he comes to my local gun show in October I plan to get at least one of these going.

9. TopHat

My understanding is the ATF stopped allowing e-file at this time due to the need to submit fingerprint cards and photos. Is this still the case?

10. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yes Sir...

11. TopHat

Thanks Mike.

I will be converting one of these:

[​IMG]

Into one of these:

[​IMG]

BenDibble likes this.
  12. TheBadGuy

Eforms no longer has the form 1 option. Honestly, I would paper submit now even if it did. With paper filing if you make an error you will receive a letter allowing for corrections to your submission vs your eform being declining and being forced to resubmit and restart your wait. In addition since there is no real benefit time wise on paper filing vs eform (if it was still available) I'd prefer a real stamp. I want to SBR a CZ Bren 805 and a IWI Galil Ace someday soon. I want the post 41f rush to process through though. I don't have the patience for the wait time the way they are. I have 3 form 1s pending and the wait sucks so bad lol

13. TopHat

Does anyone know what happens if you are denied due to an improperly completed form (such as what happened to Ben and his wrong model listing) now that ATF doesn't do e-file?

Do you have to re-start the waiting process or do they let you jump the line when you re-submit the corrected form?

14. BenDibble

I have heard they will mail you a letter and allow you to correct the mistake while keeping the same initial form and spot in line.

15. TopHat

I love you, Ben....really I do.... :jdwink2:

I think I fucked up the caliber by putting 5.56 x 45 mm, instead of 5.56MM, trying to be as accurate as possible.

16. BenDibble

It also seems to depend on which examiner you get. Some of them will make the change for you and let you know, while others will deny or suspend and make you change it yourself.

I would hope that a minor caliber naming convention wouldn't cause a denial. Just hope you don't get Jesse Huff. He seems to be the real hardass.

Ted Clutter I think is the lead, and he is great.

17. TopHat

I emailed Ted Clutter asking him if it would trigger a denial. I also asked if there was a way to submit a corrected form before the denial came down.

18. TheBadGuy

Yeah I wish I knew 3 months ago what I know now and that is that if you paper file they send you a correction letter as opposed to a denial and a refund if you efile. I had a bad string of 2 denied form 1s and had to restart my wait on both due to bullshit model number errors. Fuck that drop down box :bwah:

19. TopHat

Funny thing is that I mailed the packet on Friday and ATF had it on the following Monday and the check was cashed on Monday (ACH draft). I don't think it really took any longer to mail the papers than if I had e-filed.

20. TheBadGuy

I just ordered a CZ Bren 805 pistol. This will be both my first post 41f submission as well as my first paper filed form 1. I hope the wait isn't getting too crazy. I have 3 SBRs pending now all from June. I'm hoping those three will all be back approved by Christmas and this one back around February/March