1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New to buying/selling balis... Help?

Timbo Mar 26, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbo

Timbo Tiny Member

Hi, I'm new to buying and selling balisongs and I'm trying to get a price on my benchmade 51 morpho. I don't really like the way it flips and I want to get myself something different (I am looking at the BRS AB infinity right now).

I want information from you guys who have more experience to let me know what would be a fair price to put on this knife, selling it here on the JD. Any info would help a lot.

-I have had it for about a year now but have only flipped it lightly; I would mess around with it for about 15-20 minutes once a week on average. There are no scrapes, cuts or dents to the handles, and VERY minor scratches on the blade if you look closely.
    -I haven't cut anything with it other than paper, and only did so several times.
    -The only notable sign of wear on it is that the latch does not close the handles together for some reason (this can be seen in picture #2). I'm not sure how this occurred but the latch's spring is resists when I try to lock the handles together in the closed position. However, it locks perfectly in the open position.
    -Also, here are pictures so that you can visually see it's condition

2. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Could be in the $150 range. Send it to Benchmade and get it fixed, may be more.

Brian B and Timbo like this.
  3. Timbo

Timbo Tiny Member

Thank you, I think sending it in is a good suggestion. I hope I can find the warranty documentation

4. x123

x123 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would say 175 - 200 for it if it's complete in box. My guess is that the screw is too tight and it's preventing it from closing all the way. Get a proper tool and try unscrewing that screw a tad. Should fix it up, I may be wrong though.

Brian B and Timbo like this.
  5. Timbo

Timbo Tiny Member

I never thought of loosening it. I want to try that today for sure. Thanks!

6. Brian B

Brian B Little Member

Looks like you have a deformed spring not wanting to cooperate. Try shinning a flashlight in there and inspecting it. Use photos on Google of the spring and latch to compare. Let me know if you need some help with the disassemble or tools needed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Timbo likes this.
  7. Timbo

Timbo Tiny Member

I will try this too. Thank you!

8. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

We don't do "what is it worth".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.