1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

(New Scales Day!) Flytanium V0 scales for my BM51

x0rs Jul 31, 2019

1. x0rs

x0rs Tiny Member

I actually just received my BM51 from BladeHQ earlier this week. So the knife itself is new to me, as well.

However, I also found a really pretty set of Flyti scales (V0) online, and they just came in today.

Here's what they look like installed on my 51:

[​IMG]

The weight makes flipping (which I am still new to) much smoother. Some basic tricks I was having a hard time making consistent were almost instantly consistent.

Plus, this style of Flyti scales is my favorite looking style from the ones I've seen.

Thanks!

2. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Better than the EDC version?!?!? My opinion is that if you want a BM51 you should get one that looks like a BM51. Plus if you go with how it flips the EDC Ti scales hit the sweet spot with weight and balance.

Having said all that, any version of a BM51 is a great version.

***Greatest production balisong ever

thegoodedge and Shawnjohn999999 like this.
  3. RRTvette

RRTvette Gonna ventilate you JDBA Official Member

Looks good. Keep flippin.

4. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

All that stuff they try to sell is just stuff. Flip it as it came. Learn it as is.

5. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Before all this Balisong shit took off a few years ago...I sold a LNIB BM51 for 120 bucks on this forum.

Times change.

apdallaround likes this.
  6. Shawnjohn999999

You cheated yourself

7. Obijuan Kenobe

Oh geez, you could buy one new for 150 back then, silly.

You cheated yourself by not stocking up then, too. You’re a baby devil but older than me. What’s your excuse?

Mine is that I trade like a gentleman looking to make friends and share the love of sharp stuff...profit is not really part of it. I do try not to lose value, of course. But that’s easy if your prudent.

Do it how you want, collecting production knives is dumb in my opinion if it occurs at custom prices. That’s a waste of good money given the vast custom knife world.

Wow.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    apdallaround likes this.
  8. Shawnjohn999999

I collect nothing. I buy to buy. Not for money. But a Shanklesong is tight. Admit it. It's ok. And keep me out of it.

9. RRTvette

RRTvette Gonna ventilate you JDBA Official Member

Back 5 years ago a preowned 51 was cheap. I bought about a dozen for less than $150 and some were new. I cant find a good deal on one now. Guess it was the same as the 42 back 10 years ago.

apdallaround likes this.
  10. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Super good deal on one right now brother....need to check the heads up thread.

RRTvette likes this.
  11. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

slime oozed into the community

i love calling these crooks out

most are “famous” on ig amongst the “#balicommunity”

shitty mod work, pissing matches, over-arrogant end all opinions of themselves, “New Knife Day” and it isn’t even their knife, snatching limited releases strictly for resale in voodoo at double or triple the price and not contributing to the forum otherwise, circle jerks and labia scissoring.

profit 200% on your knife in voodoo to fund your trip or move but can’t throw down $10 for a raffle to help keep the lights on.....

it happens to anything over time i guess

because scum is everywhere

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  12. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Couldn't agree more. Make a few hundred dollars, or thousand........and not even throw Mr. Labella a few dollars. IT IS THE REASON YOU WERE ABLE TO SELL YOUR SHIT. I believe my paypal comes up in my wifes name so the dude probably never even knows its me but i care my brother.....i care. lol

apdallaround likes this.
  13. AnthonyTheAbyss

You better get that fixed. The boss man is running around NJ trying to find the woman who keeps sending him money.

In regards to the slime ooze re-sellers who jack up the prices...does that shock anybody? Supply and demand 101.

BRS (for example) is famous for limited releases in small batches to drive hype and frenzy.

Good business idea for a small company but in turn creates a toxic portion of the re-sell bali community.

***Hate the game...not the playa

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  14. apdallaround

‘playas’ can help keep the lights on otherwise gtfo

Balibuyer and Obijuan Kenobe like this.
  15. AnthonyTheAbyss

My ghetto slang is a bit rusty so I have no idea what you just said lol.

Since we're on the subject of BRS...they launched on this forum. How about a JD exclusive balisong? Where the F@#$ is that?!?!?

***I'd buy 2 and sell 1 for 500% profit

Balibuyer and Obijuan Kenobe like this.
  16. Obijuan Kenobe

Now someone is thinking. Hmmm.

Some kind of carbon fiber with red? Or even just a two tone black and red G10 with liners? MAYBE a polished blade.

17. apdallaround

i heard they are

it will be an AB anodized red

18. apdallaround

seriously that would be awesome

what would make it better is limiting who can acquire

say exclusive for jdba members only
    *and brigade members

DAMN I’M DREAMING

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Balibuyer likes this.
  19. Obijuan Kenobe

Brigade members, too? I mean, we all contribute to the light bill in some way or another?

How about only those with more than 1000 posts on the JD (not including intro posts)?

I am all about that knife...black and red G10 with a polished blade would be the sickness incarnate.

obi

apdallaround likes this.
  20. apdallaround

whoops brigade too