1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Production Balisong Feedback (give me what you got)

Chris@HazeTac Dec 10, 2020

1. Chris@HazeTac

Chris@HazeTac Little Member

Yep they are like the preverbial asshole, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't discriminate which ones I would allow near my nose if you know what I mean! I am a D- level flipper so my own opinion is Bob the plumber after a 12 hour shift. If I am going to make a flipping knife worth peoples hard earned cash, I at least want Jessica Alba dressed in that plumbers uniform to give the pipes a look see.

You're a braver(maybe dumberer) man than I! They are available on my website and I might give you a discount if you promise to post before and after pictures of your hands. 5.7 oz of stainless channel goodness concentrated in several small points ought to provide some entertainment for the crowd lol. I suck it up for the aluminum one every now and then but I think I hit the age of reason or something when it comes to the brass or stainless and just use them to cut open boxes or bad guy guts if the need arises.

2. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Found your website, but could not find a Ti handled version. Is / will Ti be an option?

3. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

DUmber
    Not sure which of those but am definitely old skool and snagged an SS.

4. Chris@HazeTac

Hadn’t planned on it. I’ve not seen a market for it with this category of knife where grams don’t matter much and few want to pay the premium of titanium where it doesn’t have the payoff that it does for flippers. And the premium for that size and shape raw stock And machining is quite the premium. Maybe I’ve just not been hearing from the right buyers...

5. Chris@HazeTac

See this guy gets it :) Thanks for the purchase man!

That was the last assembled stainless swell. If anyone else is interested just dm me asi have 7-8 more currently being assembled.

apdallaround likes this.
  6. Steve W

Steve W JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Just read through this thread and curiosity got the best of me. So I ordered one of the aluminum bali’s because it is an interesting design/weight and the stainless was out. Will post some pics when I get it.

apdallaround likes this.
  7. Chris@HazeTac

You guys are awesome thank you! To everyone that purchased a Swell, they will ship out tomorrow and I did just complete hand fitting one more stainless version that is now available on the website. I hope you all like them. I should trickle a few more throughout the week but I am busy with other production work so I cannot say for certain.

Just to be sure anyone that skims through this thread for the first time, my Swell balisong that folks are buying and talking about on this page is not the new production flipper that this thread is about. Want to make sure things don't get confused.

Steve W and apdallaround like this.
  8. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i just ordered a stainless swell

excellent website

the handle pattern is awesome

excellent throwback design and doesn’t break the bank

i understand ti would be more $ and to focus ti efforts on a design geared more toward flipping makes sense

looks like it will make an awesome edc and i’m gonna flip the shit out of it too!

very pumped

sorry to jack the thread with another swell shout-out but i had too

TheronJ and Steve W like this.
  9. Samuel Jurado

Samuel Jurado Average member

Not trying to thread jack. I ordered the brass handled Swell. Pictures remind me of one of the Taylor/Seto's I had 4 decades ago, but with better, modern craftsmanship and materials - made in USA to boot!. Can't wait to get this in hand. Again, I was slow and late to the show, the Aluminum and Stainless Steel handled versions have sold-out. Chris, I wish you all the luck in this endeavor.

apdallaround likes this.
  10. Lasagnabucket

Lasagnabucket Tiny Member

Damn that tanto blade looks mean. I love it.

11. No_cuts_no_glory

No_cuts_no_glory Little Member

this one looks way better imo, except for the basic look (wich you kinda fixed with this new model) everything else is good just be careful with weight and balance, 5.6oz is a bit too heavy for many flippers and the balance is something that you just feel man if youre a flipper yourself just flip the fuck out of your prototypes and see the results

12. Chris@HazeTac

Dude thank you for these kind words! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do making them!

apdallaround likes this.
  13. Chris@HazeTac

I am so happy that you guys are understanding and appreciating what I was going for with these! I am a child of the 80's and have watched every testosterone flick 50 times and it was always the bad guy that pulled out a bali that I rooted for. Left a lifelong impression on me.

Just so you all know, I have added 2 aluminum and one more brass to the website. Ya'll cleaned me out in a hurry so I felt I owed it to you to spend most of my day making a few more available. So very appreciative! Makes it clear to me that when the new flippers are released for production, I better release a WHOLE bunch or I will get stabbed in an alley with someone else's knife.

stonproject likes this.
  14. Chris@HazeTac

I agree fully. That design melted right into reality like it had to exist and I just happened to be the one it Alien birthed from. Never had that experience with design. It is a straight up razor blade too!

15. Chris@HazeTac

I appreciate the feedback! Your response is what I was afraid of with the train going off the rails to my swell bali. The new prototypes that this thread is about are 4.35oz and 4.65oz. My swell is 5.8oz. It's gettin jumbled. All good though, just want folks to have the correct info.

As for the weight distrobution and feeling it for myself, your profile pic looks like the visual representation of my flipping skills. That is why these are on their way round north America as we speak so those that know what the heck feels right can tell me if I got it mostly right or not. THey feel great to me but again, I am not the right one to determine that in the slightest.

16. Samuel Jurado

Samuel Jurado Average member

Darn, really digging the 4.35 oz & 4.6 oz weight! The pivot and spacer screws on the pass around knives look like they're going to be hard to find. Chris, are the production units going to sport the same hardware, and are you going to offer replacement parts (pivots, screws, bushings/washers, etc.,) for sale once folks start flipping the heck out of these?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  17. Chris@HazeTac

That’s a great question to address Samuel.

I will have replacements of all hardware on my site Along with replacement scales and backspacers (of different materials if this is something people want) of each design or pattern I ever do at essentially break even cost on my end since I make a certain percentage of extra parts whenever I make anything in quantities. I’ve dealt with this myself where I could never find hardware for a knife and if I did, I had to bend over a barrel for what should’ve been a $3 part. Not here.

Hardware is my custom design made in house but made to industry standard diameters and hardware sizes so that in the off chance someone needed something quick fast and in a hurry they’d be able to swap a sexbolt or screw from another similar knife or a usaknifemaker or the like with minimal or no modifications.

I should explain the snake eyes on the mushroom tip side of the sex bolt here as well since it’s on topic. These are only needed or used if the sexbolt press fit were to ever wear out so that you’d have a way to remove the screw without it just spinning. Insurance masked as design. And the handle butt end are sex bolts as well FYI.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  18. stonproject

stonproject Little member

I wanted to revive this discussion, I have received a prototype and have had about a week to play with it. Heres a sneak peak. I'll post a full review this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheronJ and Blalchawk357 like this.
  19. Blalchawk357

Blalchawk357 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Don't know what the prototype is, but I want one

20. stonproject

stonproject Little member

Prototype flipper by @Chris@HazeTac , I'll just say I'm really liking it.

Blalchawk357 likes this.