1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Period Bowie... finishing today.

J. Neilson Apr 7, 2010

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

These are just some crummy shop pix but, I'm finishing this one up today. John Cohea and I have been discussing doing a big period-style Bowie so I put this one together and will be sending it out to him tomorrow to work his magic. After that, she's going to Mr. Ward for a real nice pix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Coffin Bowie is has about a 9" long blade of multi-quenched W2 (there are at least 4 hamon lines in the blade) with acid soaked/forged finish flats(all the way back on the full tang as well). The off-set bolsters are jail-bar wrought iron. The handle scales are Weathered Barn Oak with copper liners and pins and textures stainless steel handle bolts. The edges of the barn oak and wrought iron are scalloped.

2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

That is a real eye-catcher! You have been a busy guy, haven't you! :ssmile:

3. KDOG

KDOG Huge member

J., I"m liking what I'm seeing coming out of your shop. Simple....yet elegant!

4. J. Neilson

Here are a few better pix. She's on her way to 'ole Miss now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll like her even more after that copper patina's up a bit.

5. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

i think i just made i lil mess in my jeans...i like that one a lot!.....great work J:devilzeek:devilzeek:devilzeek

6. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Off the reservation

Totally freaking awesome!! :devilzeek

7. uncle sam

uncle sam Little member

The copper liners are an especially nice touch!

8. Clydetz

J., I'm willing to bet that if you put this knife on a table with 5 of your other knives, this one will be the first one that a knife nut will pick up and fondle. [​IMG]

9. Nmam

Nmam Average member

This is such an incredible appearing knife. At first glance it looks so simple, and then the more you look at the photos, your appreciation of it grows so much.

Wonderful work. I hope to see you in Atlanta.

10. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

That is simply stunning. The copper really works with the oak and the hamon is wonderful. I find it beautiful.

11. J. Neilson

Thanks guys, I appreciate that. I just got her back from John with the new sheath and I'm going to fire it over to Chuck Ward for some pro-photos Monday. This one will be at the Blade Show with me at 12-S.

Thanks again,
    J.

12. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

That is perfect!

13. J. Neilson

Here are a couple pix of the completed project by Mr. Ward himself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... now it's onto Atlanta!

14. Clydetz

I am very interested in hearing if this one gets fondled 1st on your table. [​IMG]