1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Mossberg "Shorty" shotgun, no NFA required !

waterdogs Feb 2, 2017

1. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

I just got 100 mini slugs from Cabela's.
    Now I need to buy the gun. Fun Fun Fun. Short Shotty Short Slugs. Shit will get shot.

2. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

Be sure to purchase the OPSol Mini Clip on Amazon. It’s a little rubber insert that assists in cycling the mini shells flawlessly in the Shockwave.

3. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

I got the OPSol today thru Amazon. Cabelas .. shit. I'm gonna go online and check that out. I'm gonna need to get some.

4. Tony8179

I know for a fact that targetsportsusa.com has some of the Mini Slugs. They ain’t cheap, but they’re fun. They seem to go pretty quickly everywhere I see them.

El Gringo likes this.
  5. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

I found some at 'Outdoor Limited' ... they seem to have a good amount in stock. I ordered three 20 rd boxes of the buck loads.
    Thanks Tony... I'll keep that one in mind also.

6. KaptainKürbstomp

KaptainKürbstomp Little Member

I've been looking into these too, my LGS keeps them in stock and they move really quick. I've actually been seeing pictures online of people taking these and getting adapters to add AR pistol braces to them and it looks like it could be pretty cool to explore if you wanted to customize one. Not sure of the legality of shouldering one of these braces when it's mounted on a Shockwave, though. That would need some reading for sure. Friends and I all have AR pistols, 2 of us have the SB PDW brace and one has a Maxim and the little things are really great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tony8179

It’d be nice, but the Raptor Grip is what makes the short barrel legal. As soon as you add a pistol grip, stock, or brace you are turning a “firearm” into a “shotgun” and need an NFA for it. Since the Raptor Grip Shockwave was never meant to be fired from the shoulder and does not have a pistol grip it does not fit the verbiage of a shotgun, but change that grip out and BAM! a short barrel shotgun that requires an NFA.

8. KaptainKürbstomp

KaptainKürbstomp Little Member

Suppose it's not surprising for something like that to be the case, I imagine state laws also play a pretty big part too depending on where you're at. Thanks for the info, though, I appreciate it!

9. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

According to our friends at BATFE it is classified as a firearm but not an NFA firearm. They also say any modifications other then as built or concealed carry in a car or on one’s person changes it to an NFA gun requiring the proper paperwork and fees to be submitted before modification.

Not trying to be a spoiler but after I bought my 20 Gauge Shockwave I did research online about it - I’ve got too much at stake to risk losing it all! Besides, my first range visit with 25 rounds of #4 buckshot it I see a joy to shoot. Like the original Brownie camera -point and shoot! I’m thinking a double rig of some sort; the Shockwave on one side, the Ranch Hand .45Colt on the other side!

El Gringo and Tony8179 like this.
  10. Tony8179

Sweet! I wasn’t aware they had made a 20 Gauge model.

11. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0767.JPG

Finally got one Monday... Paddy looks like I just put a rattlesnake next to her!

begreen61 likes this.
  12. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Finally got it ,,awesome ,question is the choke changeable or just barrel with open choke or IC

Rio likes this.
  13. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

No choke just cyl bore... probably wont get to shoot till the weekend; watched some youtube vids and it actually holds a tighter pattern than what you would expect.

Tony8179 and begreen61 like this.
  14. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

As below..

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  15. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

IMG_0772.JPG

Made more better...

XS big dot with tritium

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    begreen61 likes this.
  16. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Got to get me one of those for sure, maybe two :).

17. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0792 (1).JPG

Here is a design copyright by me. This prototype works wonderful and should not inadvertently work the action under normal use. I'm planning production of completed units with the user only having to unscrew and remove his original front handguard strap and install my unit using the existing handguard screws. My sling assembly will include the rear sling swivel device ready to install.

This configuration eases and simplifies deployment when bringing your firearm into action as compared to conventional sling carry with this type of firearm.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  18. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

I have shot and tested extensively both the Remington and the Mossberg,
    I will be getting the Mossberg for sure, surprisingly useful and way more controllable then I imagined.

waterdogs, El Gringo and begreen61 like this.
  19. EasEWryder

EasEWryder Huge member

They're good shit. IMG_20180311_231741_875.jpg

KaptainKürbstomp and El Gringo like this.
  20. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Good to see your fingers off the trigger there... you'd get a Mossy-vasectomy!

EasEWryder and begreen61 like this.