1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Monster...in progress

J. Neilson Sep 1, 2009

1. aus71383

aus71383 Huge member

Looks great I really like that piece of stag you're using. Can't wait to see the blade and how it all goes together.

Austin

2. Leatherface

Leatherface leatherface Knife Maker or Craftsman

bro that is awesome

cant wait for the next set of pics

3. txkaratedude

txkaratedude Dewey Cocks Brigade Member

Another great knife J! I wish I lived close so I could apprentice with you. I'd sweep the shop, whatever just to learn from someone that talented.

4. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

Sweet Lord all mighty is that a big sucker! looks good. I love your step by steps.

5. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Excellent progress. The precision fit of everything is amazing.

6. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Wrought iron pommel forged from the same piece as the spacer behind the guard...

[​IMG]

...pommel thickness, she needs to be on the thicker side to balance this sucker out...

[​IMG]

...rough shaped...

[​IMG]

...I was planning on doing something a little different so here is the pommel face half way tooled...

[​IMG]

I've finished the tooling and etched the pommel. I'm planning on doing the finished assembly today and should have her buffed and finished by tomorrow or the next day.

7. J. Neilson

OK, she's all done now. Here is a face shot of the completed pommel. I tooled the face with my flexi-shaft and dental cutters...

[​IMG]

...and a side view...

[​IMG]

Here are some finished pix, they're bad shop pix but, I'll be sending her out for some pro-photos by the end of the week. I'll probably still snap a couple nicer ones in the photo box before sending her out and paste them up here. She's about 16 1/2" long overall and is a real handful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Leatherface

Hey bro

how are the pieces attached together?? that part I am missing

LOVING the blade bro...makes me wanna make a large bowie...Got any talent I can borrow? :devil1:

9. J. Neilson

I pre-set everything with crazy glue to fit it up. It resists the heat from shaping and a good knock on the bench will seperate it again for etching and what not. Then I reassemble with epoxy as I set up the handle and the pommels are threaded.

Talent is just years of practice my friend. Anything I can do to help though, just let me know.

10. J. Neilson

My finished pix..... much nicer, heh?

[​IMG]

11. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Absolutely beautiful J.

12. aus71383

aus71383 Huge member

Wow what a beautiful knife! Thanks for sharing all the pictures - I think you made a future customer out of me. Now to start pinching pennies...

Austin

13. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

:devilzeekMost Sweet.................................:devilzeek

14. Leatherface

i agree with the above

that is awesome

15. jawilliams0425

jawilliams0425 knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

WOW!!!!!!!:devilzeek