1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New, learning to post. Need help

JAM3X Jul 25, 2020

1. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Hello, I just joined a few days ago.
    I already read most of the "rules" stickies, I still have a few questions tho, and want to be sure any new threads are in the correct place.

I would like to put a Bali up for trade only, I'm also looking for a particular Bali to trade for; something like "WTT x for y" can I put that in "knives for sale/ trade"? Would that be a problem for a new member?
    Do I need to be JDBA member?
    Speaking of JDBA, I plan on joining as soon as I figure out this forum stuff lol. And lastly I can't find the search function on mobile (Android, chrome) , which I use the most.

How do trades usually work? Does the newer member ship first? Or both at the same time?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for all the noob questions, I just don't want to to loose Voodoo or have a deal fall apart... I'll start looking at Voodoo once I feel like I have a good understanding of the JD as a whole.

Thanks
    -John

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yes, that goes in "Knives for Sale/Trade". It shouldn't be a problem for a new member and you don't need a JDBA membership... as long as you're a JD member, and you are.

Make certain that you post a trade value, even if you are only looking for a particular knife. You must have an actual picture of the knife that is for sale/trade. Not some "stock" photo, or catalog photo. And DEFINITELY not a link to another site. You must have at least one photo with the thread.

As far as who ships first... that would depend on who you're going to trade with. Check for a feedback thread, and then you decide "who ships when" during your negotiations. Often, the new member will ship first, but you may be trading with another new member.... There is no JD rule regarding who ships when, so just figure it out with the other member.

On my phone with Chrome and Android, the search function is at the top of every page. It says "Search Forum" :manganr: Of course, it makes things difficult that it disappears whenever I have the phone in "portrait" mode (long edge on the side) and shows up when in "landscape" mode (long side on top). Getting me to use a phone for internet is like pulling teeth. My phone is TOO slow and I end up pissed off....

Good luck.

Balibuyer, JAM3X and apdallaround like this.
  3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

There's also a magnifying glass icon on the right side at the top of the pages. This is also a "search" function....

GotSearch.jpg

Balibuyer, JAM3X and apdallaround like this.
  4. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Thanks for taking the time to break all that down, I feel alot better knowing! And yea , I just had to turn my phone on it's side to find the search icon (even tho I tried it before). I also hate using my slow ass phone, but it's what I have on me most of the day lol. I can't change font or leave emojis, autocorrect changes stuff right when I hit post, and it over writes anything in front so I have to redo the whole post if I screw anything up...
    Thanks again

Balibuyer and crogers like this.
  5. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

You and and apdallaround really have come through the last few days. I won't forget. I'm trying to figure out the Rep system, until then all I can do is throw a like ur way.
    And yea, it's right where you said, it's just cut off, if not in landscape.
    Thanks for the help!

Balibuyer likes this.