1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Jeff Harkins

Jeff Harkins knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hi All,
    Sorry for the long delay in posting. I've been working on a new design and mechanism for a D/A OTF. They are called the "SOLAR SYSTEM" Edition. These will all be one of a kind relative to materials and limited to 9, one for each planet. (I know, I know, Pluto is no longer a planet, but it was when I went to school). I believe this is the largest D/A OTF ever made or least that I've seen and has a whole new adjustable mechanism. Lock-up is comparable to that of a fixed blade. This knife is around 13" overall and similar in shape to the art daggers of old. Below is the prototype of the series. The center of each button will have the particular planet scrimshawed in color by artist Bob Hergert, identifying each of the nine planets.

Thanks for looking.
    Best regards,
    Jeff

Space" Prototype, Ponzio Turkish Twist blade, Eggerling Mosaic inlays, Hot blued 4140 chrome moly frame. 36ea. 24k. gold inlays (2,2 grams), 13" overall length.
    [​IMG]

giappos and Mr.LaBella like this.
  2. cornnutt

cornnutt Knife Junkie Brigade Member

Beautiful,can't wait to see the rest...:devilzeek

3. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilzeekWOW!! That is incredible.....As all your work:madaddy:

4. Markous

Markous as a kite Brigade Member

:devilzeek impressive work as always Jeff :thumbsup:

Any chance we will get to see the complete series together before they head to their new homes?

5. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Beautiful work :D

:thumbsup:

6. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Absolutely beautiful, Amazing work as always bro:thumbsup:

7. WJBennett

WJBennett Huge member

Outstanding!!!!!! :devilzeek

8. PIC

PIC Unchained

AWESOME work of Art!!!:devilzeek:devil1:

9. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

very nice

pure unobtanium

10. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Unbelievable. The guards are very new and cool. NICE.

Would be very cool to hear details about your new mechanism...adjustable sounds cool.

Fixed blade strength? Tell us more.

obi

11. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Superb!!

Finest knife by the finest maker,period!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  12. Jeff Harkins

Jeff Harkins knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks for the Kudos guys.

I hope to be able to build a Photoshop image of all of them. I live from knife to mouth so I'm sure it wont be a true group photo.:ross:

The new mechanism is kind of a cross between the Triton and Q', In that the locking sears are held in a movable assembly that is anchored by bosses milled into the frame. Both lock in and lock out. This, along with something I call a cowcatcher, allows the blade lock up to be easily adjusted. NOT so easy on this knife as getting the back plate off is a bugger. You can see a small part line on the back side of the knife in ZZUGMANS post. So the frame is really all one piece with an insert for the bottom of the knife. Gonna make one more Proto with with a simpler back/bottom and a few other changes.

I'll post some pics of the inside of the next proto.

All of this will appear in the new Triton II. Or maybe this other idea I woke up with...

Thanks again guys,
    Jeff

Addendum: A friend called me and asked what happened to the Sun. I said Umm...
    End result being a tenth knife that has the whole solar system scrimshawed by Bob in ivory, inlayed into meteorite, inlayed into the frame. Anyone that hasn't seen Bob's work should check it out. http://scrimshander.com/ Very cool work.:devilzeek

13. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

wow!!! AMAZING!!!

I have only recently started to like OTF's & this one is BEAUTIFUL!!!

14. Poolshark

Poolshark Captain America Brigade Member

Super cool idea with the planets. I look forward to seeing this theme develop.

15. thevinstigator

thevinstigator JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Holy Shit you make some awesome knifes. I just got off your web site and can`t stop drooling at all the wicked stuff you have to offer. I only wish I had all the $$$$$$$$$ I need to get one of each. :ssmile:WOW:ssmile:

16. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

How about giving us a "sneak peek" on a proto T2??? :ssmile:

17. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

If you need a buyer for one of these......
    I'm game.

You're knives are by far the best.

Jeff

18. cpd670

cpd670 Average member

Beautiful knives.
    I can't even begin to imagine the time involved in making just one.

19. admanthelabrat

admanthelabrat Average member

Another Fine Specimen(s)

20. javacupper

javacupper Devil's Rodent

Absolutely incredible knife!