1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Blades... make your own

J. Neilson Mar 23, 2010

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

As many of you know I have been offering hand-forged, high carbon steel blades for those who like to make their own high quality knife. I am not allowed to put my MS on the blades but, this is a way to get a high quality Mastersmith blade for your own knife project.

For specs and more info... http://www.mountainhollow.net/blades for sale.htm

Here are a few of the blades I've recently completed for this aspect of my work...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

Pretty cool!
    I have several friends who will be interested in these.

3. KDOG

KDOG Huge member

Pin Holes

J. How hard are the tangs on these? Will it take a carbide bit to get through them?:easydevil:

4. J. Neilson

The tangs/shoulders are annealed on these blades I do so carbide should not be needed. Some steels are harder than others though, even annealed. I normally use cobalt bits in my shop.

5. Iceman

Iceman GI-NORMOUS member

So, you've forged the blades, but can't add your MS earned title to the blades?

who's assine decision was that?

6. J. Neilson

The Pres. of the ABS said I can only add my MS stamp to knive I completed myself. I got a very firm e-mail about it when I started my "blade" thing.

7. jikangchen

jikangchen Little member

Great!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
  8. J. Neilson

Like 'em?

9. aus71383

aus71383 Huge member

I like 'em - another addition to my want list.

Austin