1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Acquisitions

Mike Grasso Nov 22, 2013

1. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

I've always liked the looks of the Mauser Model 1914 and the HSc but never owned either gun. So now I do! One Model 1914 and two HSc pistols.

The Model 1914 is a commercial model; based on appearances it was made in the 1921-1928 time frame and surprise of all surprises the older HSc was built in December of 1941 (according to someone on the Mauser Forum). Both of these two guns are chambered in 7.65 MM aka .32 ACP. The second HSc is an Interarms import; chambered in .380. It is supposedly made from (primarily) parts made by Manurhin of France and assembled by Mauser. No pictures of this one yet but here are the other two:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mauser Model 1914

[​IMG]
    Mauser HSc

Not knowing anything, just enough to show I don't know anything, about German WWII militaria, I go to websites like the "Unblinking Eye" for more information. What I learned was the HSc was made for the Army, Navy, and the Police. This one, with the German Acceptance Eagle and the letter L is one of approximately 28,000 made for the Police! It is missing a small piece of the left grip - the sharp point on the top front part of the grip is missing. On the right side of the trigger guard is the "Nitro" proof mark. Compared to what I paid and what this one is potentially worth...I did well!

2. IWantThatKnife

The luck of the Irish I guess. I've bee looking a long time for this revolver; I have a fixed sights, 4" barreled, nickel plated S&W Model 58 but yesterday I bought this blued with 4" MagnaPorted barrel S&W Model 57. Both guns are in .41 Magnum.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

QMAXIMUS and El Gringo like this.
  3. IWantThatKnife

Yesterday I bought a 1957 (first year manufacture when Colt started to make them again) Colt National Match .45. Its a pretty gun until you look at the idiot marks - and some "dumbass" marks where someone used a screwdriver to leverage out the slide stop...that's the difference between a $700 and a $1,500 gun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OOPS:

[​IMG]

Other then that its a great looking gun...

Saturday the red and blue trimmed white truck dropped off a long waited project. Last year Chuck Warner and I discussed making a "Retro Look" MEU (SOC) type clone using my 1st Generation Colt Delta Elite 10mm as a base gun. We agreed to terms and the wait began! Here it is; new barrel and bushing, King's old style barrel bushing, Bambi-safety, flat mainspring housing with lanyard ring...taller rear and silver soldered front sight. RANGE Tomorrow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rio, QMAXIMUS and seandavid55 like this.
  4. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I bought the newer production Colt Delta Elite 10mm early this year. Came with a ton of free range accessories too after I submitted a form online.

Amazing caliber and accuracy!

Of course now everyone and their mom makes 10mm handguns but we all know who started it all and kept the cartridge alive.

Amazing to see it doing so well now! And crazy just how hot it can be loaded!

El Gringo likes this.
  5. coinbuysell

coinbuysell Brigade Member Brigade Member

Picked up a nice used Ruger GP100 .357 mag but also looking for a 10mm right now, any suggestions other than the Colt? I have looked at a Springfield and Rock Island but nothing else in between.

6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Finallly

silencer.jpg

warlock.jpg

perado and seandavid55 like this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Rio and BennytheBlade like this.
  8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Going to the range tomorrow. We good. :bennyda:

crogers likes this.
  9. BennytheBlade

The DeSquirrelinator, bane of Desmodus. desquirrelinator.jpg

KAZ2 and crogers like this.
  10. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Can I borrow that? My trees need a bit of clearing out.... :madaddy:

BennytheBlade likes this.
  11. BennytheBlade

If we were closer, we would already be shooting it, very, very, quietly.

norcal13 and crogers like this.
  12. BennytheBlade

New XDM OSP (optical sight pistol) w/ threaded barrel.

osp2.jpg

KAZ2 and seandavid55 like this.
  13. GuItArMaN8373

BURRIS? Benny, how could you!? Honestly for about the same price maybe you should check out the vortex venom or viper pistol red dots. Awesome bang for the buck.

Great handgun. Much better than they were when Springfield first hit the scene to compete with S&W. Enjoy!

14. BennytheBlade

It works... Thats all I know. And it was about 70 bucks less. If I have any problems w/ it Ill get a viper as this pistol was built for it (viper cowitness w/ suppressor sights on the gun). I was going to get a Glock 17 gen 5 (lefty friendly) but finding a threaded barrel for a gen 5 was either not possible or cost prohibitive. I have an xd in 45 thats a great shooter so I figured it was SA or a CZ. Local store gave me a deal on this package and would have had to order the CZ so I ended up w/ it.

GuItArMaN8373 likes this.
  15. IWantThatKnife

I've had Chuck Warner of Elite Warrior Armament build an Inglis High Power from parts supplied to him including a matching frame and slide; overhaul a former Israeli Police early 1950s FN High Power, and do a "Retro" MEUSOC overhaul of a 1st Generation Delta Elite.

Recently he posted on FB that he had several of the Custom P-35 Pistols that he had made in a limited run of 30. I contacted him and reserved Serial Number 00022. It was delivered to my local FFL last Saturday; and I went to pick it up. It came in a nice Nylon Pistol Bag with 3 fifteen round Mecgar magazines. The wait was well worth it! Chuck had the grip area made with enough "meat" to checker both the front and rear grip...

I stopped at a local Academy Sports Store and bought 150 rounds of ammo (unfortunately the "wrong" ammo) and went to the range to shoot it. I bought some Federal "Train and Protect" 115 grain JHP; it doesn't feed consistently or extract; but the "generic" 115 grain FMJ 9mm ammo I have works fine; Speer Gold Dot LE JHP 147 gr ammo works perfectly!

The gun is beautiful; accurate, and really feels great in the hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

El Gringo and seandavid55 like this.
  16. droid

droid This IS the droid you are looking for! Brigade Member

Wow!!!!! That is a very nice pistol!!!!

17. GuItArMaN8373

So tempted to buy another solely for my .22s but paying the $200 for another suppressor just pisses me off too much, especially when the ATF can apparently just change rules and regulations on the fly.

18. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

My newest revolver S&W model 57

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

El Gringo, tonk and seandavid55 like this.
  19. GuItArMaN8373

.41 mag? Such an odd caliber, but S&W are always so gorgeous. Very sexy lines on all their revolvers.

20. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

I bought this gun for myself as a birthday present. I've never been a huge fan of the 41 mag, though many are I just haven't had a lot of experience with them, but I had this same gun back in the 80's and always kind of regretted getting rid of it. Also, I'm a sucker for older S&W revolvers. When I saw it come up a couple days before my birthday I exercised all my self control and waited until I woke up on my birthday to make the buy. Whew! I'm glad that's over... :D

seandavid55 likes this.