1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Acquisitions

Mike Grasso Nov 22, 2013

1. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

20180127_131825-800x450.jpg

BennytheBlade, QMAXIMUS and Rio like this.
  2. QMAXIMUS

QMAXIMUS JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

My latest purchase, been wanting a 1911 for sometime now. IMG_6511.jpg IMG_6513.jpg IMG_6514.jpg IMG_6541.jpg

3. Bigdanes

Bigdanes Tiny Member

That's awsome. My buddy received one from a grandparent. He believes it ww2. Beautiful

4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

We're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, :2ful:

BennytheBlade likes this.
  5. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

Decided to retire my old S&W 6906 and choose something new for carry.

[​IMG]

6. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

rbmcmjr - really like the wood stocks on your M-11; they remind me of the Hogue smooth wood (cocobolo) stocks I bought for my German (three serial number model) P-220 .38 Super:

[​IMG]

7. leo

leo JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I'm generally a Glock guy but.............

[​IMG]

couldn't pass this up.

8. QMAXIMUS

Great looking 1911 Leo!

leo likes this.
  9. IWantThatKnife

Old School Cool - U. S. Custom Patrol Commemorative S&W Model 19-4.

In 2001 I retired from the Coast Guard after 4 years in the Navy and 26 years in the Coast Guard - all active duty. After trying to work in the private sector I was laid off after 13 months as a Logistics Analyst and Director of the Logistics Products Division of a small Engineering Consulting Firm.

Hungry, with a wife to feed and an ex-wife to send monthly payments to - I was hired by US Customs and Border Protection in 2/2004 as a CBP Officer. Some of the more Senior Inspectors (when Senior Inspector was an actual position - earned with experience, tested knowledge, and seniority) used to tell us about the "Good Old Days". One position, done away with, was the Customs Patrol Officer (USCPO). They patrolled the area around the Ports of Entry (Airports, Seaports, and Land Border Crossings) along with Border Patrol. When the original "Sky Marshal" Program was cancelled many of the Sky Marshals became USCPOS or Agents. Eventually the USCPO function was dissolved.

There were (supposedly) 813 Model 19-4 (information found elsewhere on these forums) Blue, 4" revolvers, with smooth Goncalvo Alves smooth target stocks, and marked on the right side plate with a Customs Patrol Officer's Badge and the barrel roll marked 1852 - 1978 U. S. Customs Patrol. I bought one yesterday; its been fired a little and there is a turn line, but other then that I have it, the original wood display box, and the un-engraved brass plate for the top of the box. I think I paid a fair price for it; I'll probably shoot it once (6 rounds .38 Special, 6 rounds .357 Magnum, clean and oil it well, and put it on the "shelf" with my
    revolvers. My pictures don't really do it justice; but here it is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

markandrex, KAZ2, El Gringo and 6 others like this.
  10. QMAXIMUS

A fellow Coastie? What!?! Beautiful revolver, I love it. I have no plans picking up our Berretta 92fs that we used to carry for nostalgia purposes, that thing was a turd! Love the revolver though, very cool. Also cool finding a fellow puddle skipper or shallow water sailor or water nazi or what ever the hell else we were called lol.

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Just picked this up. Brand spanking new...M&P M2.0 Compact. 3 additional back straps, 2 clips, and 2 mag extenders.

Need to strip her down and check out the internals. Great price, great feel. Very happy right now.

***If anybody has one let me know what you think/issues/etc.

20180518_210253.jpg

seandavid55 and QMAXIMUS like this.
  12. QMAXIMUS

That is my issue gun for work. No complaints here, no failures to feed or fire. Only minor gripe is moving that little metal tab out to field strip but thats nothing really. I do like the feel as well, nice choice!!!

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  13. IWantThatKnife

Something Old, something Blue, something somewhat different too!

Stopped at one of my usual gun shops and lo and behold there was this orphan begging to come home with me. As best as I can figure out it's a Model 1953 .22; aka a
    Pre-Model 34; and has a 3-1/2" barrel. I also have a Model 34-1 Round butt; that has a better finish then this new one; it also came in a box marked 22/32 Kit Gun Model 34 Square Butt - not the match for the gun though.

I also stopped at another local gun shop and found a strange bird, referred to as the "lost .22. Sheridan, long-time pellet gun/BB Gun Maker, actually made a .22 caliber tip-up barreled gun. Mostly sheet metal, the gun is riveted together; the barrel and the sights were machined from a single piece of steel. Obviously they're fixed..

Some pictures for you:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here's the strange bird - the Sheridan Knocabout:

[​IMG]

14. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Picked this up a few months back. Already had the light from a FREE FN promotion and it's a perfect fit. Affordable combo AND shoot's like a dream. They say these guns have some of the best stock striker fire triggers out there ... and hot damn do they! VERY accurate 9mm!

33962708_10215344488701964_458794956383846400_n.jpg

seandavid55 likes this.
  15. IWantThatKnife

I recently bought a Beretta Olympia "Dual Action" Rimfire Rifle from J&G Sales. Leaving the bolt handle up the gun functions as a semi-auto. Locking the bolt handle down after chambering a round you must operate the bolt manually. One misfire out of 50 rounds - a defective round. It cycles and fires CCI Stingers without any issues.

Here are some pictures of the rifle; will get it outside when its not raining and take some better shots. It has a Beretta Date Code of XVI for 1960. Considering age its in great condition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

I loved my 1911s, but ended up selling them all off, including a Springfield EMP. Of all, I missed the EMP and a SIG Nightmare. I found a replacement EMP, but the Nightmares don't show up very often. Then, Springfield came out with the EMP4. I looked, but it just wasn't worth it, the way the toe of the butt digs into my palm (like about every other 1911 with the standard butt heel.) Then I saw it, Springfield came out with a carry cut version.
    I may yet find another Nightmare, but until then, I B Happy...in a 9MM kinda way.
    resized emps.jpg

Attached Files:

QMAXIMUS and seandavid55 like this.
  17. IWantThatKnife

I belong to ColtForm.com (as well as other gun forums go figure). A member who collects Military and LE Agency marked guns posted a Gun Broker link for a Greek Army marked Colt Army Special chambered in .38 Special. Colt made the Army special in various calibers (.22 LR, .38 Special, .32-20, .38-200 (aka as .38 S&W), and .41 Colt (aka .41 Long Colt with barrel lengths of 4", 5", and 6". They also made them in 4-1/2" which is not as common. Around 1927 Colt renamed the Army Special the Official Police!

This 4-1/2" barreled gun, made in 1914 according to Proofhouse.com was inspected by Major Gilbert H. Stuart, US Army Ordnance Inspector (his inspection mark is the round circle stamped on the left side between the top of the cylinder and the hammer.

This gun shows a somewhat decent finish considering its 104 years old and was a military sidearm. I suspect there was a lot more holster wear then hard use; the bore and cylinder is fairly clean. I took the side plate off; inside its clean but dry. The action is tight; the cylinder locks up tight; trigger pull in both Single and Double action is heavy however! If I knew how to take it down to a bare frame I'd give it a super detail cleaning and lubricating! The smooth wood stocks (grips) are numbers matched to the gun; and on the butt of the gun is marked with the Greek Letters Epsilom and Sigma (meaning the Greek Army) and a 5 digit S/N probably a property number. I don't see any reason to not shoot it with some very basic Lead Round Nose 158 grain ammo or some .38 Special Mid-Range Wadcutter ammo!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just for grins, here's my .41 Colt Army Special, 5" barrel, made in 1920:

[​IMG]

Now for the fun part: The gun was $275 plus $25 shipping; and another $20 transfer fee from my friendly local gun shop here in San Antonio. Sadly the .41 Colt Army Special was three times as much - but condition means everything!

QMAXIMUS, El Gringo and seandavid55 like this.
  18. IWantThatKnife

CZ Scorpion EVO III with sling, light, and Trijicon MRO.

3E5EF2CC-D9FB-409C-AFA5-A701408AFE33.jpeg

QMAXIMUS and seandavid55 like this.
  19. IWantThatKnife

DD3154C3-8F04-4D5F-9E47-778D5A9E16F6.jpeg Then on Tuesday it was my birthday. I couldn’t let a Pistol like this lie is the case for the price they had on it! I had one once and traded it away; but I think I will keep this one.

Browning High Power circa 1994-1995; the factory box, two magazines, owner’s manual, sight tool, and a mag loading tool. I should mention that it’s chambered in .40 S&W!

20. QMAXIMUS

Just picked up this little guy (in my best nick shabazz voice) Had to wait my 10 day California cool off period :facepalm: but she's finally here. Installed a different front sight and waiting on a hogue monogrip to arrive but been wanting a revolver for a while now. Couldn't be happier... Well maybe if it was a Colt Python I could :)

FullSizeRender-3.jpg IMG_9411.jpg FullSizeRender-4.jpg IMG_9420.jpg