1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Acquisitions

Mike Grasso Nov 22, 2013

1. Rhondina

Rhondina Tiny Member

All this stuff is obsolete. If you don't know the controllers have frequency control weapons, you are sadly out of the loop. Go ahead and spend cheese on toys like all the above. But do not deceive yourself into thinking you have anything that is leading edge if you are still using old outdated bullit tech.

2. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

2017-05-27_01-35-56.jpg 2017-05-27_01-36-15.jpg

sam eib and seandavid55 like this.
  3. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

I was never a good listener anyway..........

4. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

I really like my old outdated tech or whatever it is. I don't mind spending cheese either. I am lucky, the local gun shop will take crunchy cheetos as payment. WC-1.jpg

hickory, Rio, El Gringo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well, this happened...

HK94_1.jpg

HK_BFF5.jpg

A2 stock on the way so I can make four different configurations. HK94 Lego set...

6. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

I picked this up Saturday from my local gun dealer; less then a week from order to delivery by Classic Firearms. I took it to the range and shot some 1982 Lake City 7.62 after de-linking 200 rounds of it from its M-60 belted configuration. I just shot it for performance, not precision; it was flawless. Next range trip will be for accuracy. Here's what it looks like; I have a smaller BM59 flash suppressor that makes the trip-compensator look like a small cannon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

IMG_0070.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0070.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0072.JPG

8. IWantThatKnife

Here's my latest - a 1920 Vintage Colt Army Special chambered in .41 Colt. The Army Special was made from around 1907 until the name (and some minor internal changes) was changed to Official Police. Although available, .41 Colt ammo is a bit hard to find and the cheapest I found was some Ultramax Cowboy ammo at $66 a box. Time to save the empty cases and start reloading! The front of the bullet was about 0.406"-0.408”OD, the same as the case. The barrel was about 0.404”-0.406” groove diameter. The bullet lubrication was outside the case. At 0.386”-0.388"OD, The base of the bullet was smaller in diameter to fit inside the case. This is known as a "heel-base" or heeled bullet. The only modern heeled bullet is the .22 rimfire.

I'm going to try to get to the range tomorrow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. IWantThatKnife

Newest acquisition - Colt King Custom Target built on a 1940 Colt Officer's Model 6" Heavy Barrel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the special features of the King Super Target Rail is a mirror, placed at a 45 degree angle that reflects light on the back of the front sight:

[​IMG]

10. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Very nice

11. IWantThatKnife

I stopped at one of the local gunshops here in Alamo City. Although the grips are not S&W factory stocks (they don't fit very well and whoever made them fumbled the super glue ball) this Model 37 No dash is in pretty good shape. Its a square butt gun, more desirable then the round butt - now to find some decent stocks for it. Serial number is 230XXX; sometime in the early 1960s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

Sweet Mod 37

13. IWantThatKnife

Went to the gun show on Saturday and bought some correct stocks for it - and a set I ordered from Altamont showed up early! I like the Altamonts on the gun -

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Dutchtracker, Berkley and seandavid55 like this.
  14. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

IMG957424.jpg

My wife shared this with me today.

Rio, perado, El Gringo and 4 others like this.
  15. IWantThatKnife

The claims are that the East Germans made the best Makarovs; fit and finish are reported to be finest kind.

Yesterday I stopped at a local gun shop; noticed the owner had the wrong tag on a Mak; it said 1903 Colt .32. When I pointed it out to him he thanked me and changed the tag to reflect the right information. In an effort to maybe "convince" me to buy it he decreased the price by $60.00. It worked!

Although it wasn't a super good deal it what was priced fairly in the market. This one, imported by Century, was made in 1961 when I was 9 years old. I should look as good as this pistol! It is, as some say, a Walther PPk Clone. Straight blow-back in design, 9x18 Makarov caliber, pull down the trigger guard, pull slide rearward while lifting the rear of the slide up and let it slide forward. Fit and finish, while not as precise as a Walther, it is far and away better quality then other Eastern Bloc handguns from the same general family. Since pictures show and tell better here are some pictures of it! Range report to follow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

[​IMG]

I added a spare red dot onto my latest acquisition, a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Magnum.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

18. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

These have been in the past few months

454 Casull

[​IMG]

The 3" 629 and 9.5" Ruger in the past 2-3 months

44 Magnum

[​IMG]

These were in the past 6 months

Smith 500 6.5

[​IMG]

Smith 460 XVR 8 3/8"

[​IMG]

This was in the past month. FN 5.7

[​IMG]

My Glocks went from 3 to 7, but Glocks are Glocks. Nothing special.

19. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice old school plinker

20. IWantThatKnife

New Pistol with Range Report.

I bought a nice PSA PS-9 (AR 9MM pistol) with a 7-1/2" barrel and a Shockwave arm rest. The target was shot at 10 and 15 yards; the other target was shot with my CZ P-09 pistol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Palmetto State Armory PS-9 9mm AR Pistol

[​IMG]
    PA-9 target 10 yards

Rio and seandavid55 like this.