1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New 2017 Benchmade Balisong! Model 87

gunlove Dec 24, 2016

1. oregonian

oregonian Huge member

I think i am going to have to wait and see what the options withal be. I like the Ideas but the need for some options is open us.

2. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yes, I was referring to the center latching slot in the safe handle.

3. Billy_Goat

Billy_Goat JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm going to give her a try. I'm liking it has the same length handle as the beast.

Bladehq also has them on preorder.

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  4. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

I agree with you, I don't see a lot of originality in their design on this one.

Korth Knives was doing that center latching setup about 10+ years ago, and Terry Guinn has been doing it for quite a while too.

I know he used that design on his Goblin series that started back in 2009. And all the Gargoyle's used that latch.

5. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Those tang pins look to have torx access. Does that mean they're user removable?

6. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That would certainly be interesting...

7. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

I'm assuming some of you got the same email I received from Benchmade with images of the new product line in people's hands, in different situations and displayed differently exedra. What I noticed from the 87 s images that were in that email is the handles are extremely wide. They may be five and a half inches long but they look like they're about an inch wide each LOL.

As for overall design, even though it looks a bit bulky, it does have an overall appeal for me. It's much bigger and more utilitarian with the blade design. Also I always take the pocket clip off my knives so it's good that doesn't come with one, for me at least.

Still I think over all if I can foot the hill I'm going to get one.

8. Billy_Goat

Billy_Goat JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Can you put a picture up? Please.

9. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

no, can he put up eighty seven pictures up?

10. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

Check out the size of that meat.

Also from the looks of the tang pin you should be able to remove/replace them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  11. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

dude wow in hand those look kinda silly. perhaps a modder can round the handles and smooth out those weird chunks on the sides.

12. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Picture of the 87 in hand...

[​IMG]

XxGRYMMxX and desmodus like this.
  13. EJ_Livesey

EJ_Livesey Huge member

I kinda like that, but I can't justify $500+ not sure how I feel about the blade yet

14. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Looks very much like a knife. I will have one, or someone...Buy me one?!

15. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

Now that is a proper picture. Has any one flipped this beast yet?

16. desmodus

i really like the blade, but those handles are for shit.

17. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

18. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

Okay here's another topic of discussion that I've been thinking about for the past couple of days. If this is the replacement for the 6X series what happens to the 51, what are they going to replace that with?

19. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

20. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Will be interesting to see what the weight difference will be between the two handles, especially with the extra material removed from the back end of the safe handle.