1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New 2017 Benchmade Balisong! Model 87

gunlove Dec 24, 2016

1. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

Benchmade has a lot more funds.

BennytheBlade and HonorHer like this.
  2. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

except if the profits to be made are the same (no idea) they're equally capable of producing a tonne, then again i'm not sure if BRS is nonprofit

3. gunlove

gunlove Average member

The 51 & 6x were NEVER in high demand.

Were there ever any BM-42 availability issues during production? I am not aware of any.

I am hoping it's better than I imagine... but I'm not holding my breath. Benchmade definitely is the most responsible for the creation of the modern balis, but it has seem to lost it since the BM-42 discontinued. Benchmade was pumping out some innovative, unique, and well made awesome knives only really until 2003/2004, then they seem to have ceased production on almost all but the satin BM-42 springer. They ran the old BM42 machines until they were in falling apart and had lost all quality control. My guess would be they lost some key personal or made some major company restructuring. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
  4. gunlove

gunlove Average member

I don't think the bali-song market is huge but it is there prime for the picking. I am sure all the Benchmade executive meeting powerpoint presentations showcase the low and slow sales of the BM51 & 6x. I doubt any of them focus on Benchmades inferior designs or on BRS's instantaneous sell outs after every drop. It's sad that Benchmade is in the perfect position to continue to dominate the market it created for balisong knives but seems to lack the organizational competency, creativity, flexibility, and vision to actually accomplish it.

5. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

i hear mr Marfione has some experience running a business.

6. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

7. Balislinger

Balislinger Little member

Looks like a lot of people are intimidated or feel threatened by benchmade. I think they have the power to shut down BRS once and for all. BRS cannot match benchmade's warrantee and I have it on good authority that this new Bali will be a pure flipper. :helix:

8. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I am not holding my breath over this new knife. Too many let downs from Benchmade. I really doubt that it will be anything great but you never know.

9. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

T3 was supposed to be a pure flipper too (with input from flipper)... look how well that turned out :bwah:

I doubt BRS have got anything to worry about. They've already got a line up of 3 top tier flippers... BM have got.. none lol.

Also MT have proven that the majority of people arent influenced in purchasing knives because of the companies warranty track record. 

10. Balislinger

Balislinger Little member

:violindevil:

11. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Benchmade 2017 bali? Who cares. Bear Ops just dropped the Bear-Song VI with aluminum handles and it's available now.:devilwag:

12. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Why does one company have anything to do with "shutting down" another? If BM launches a popular release, it doesn't mean people will all of a sudden stop buying knives made by other makers. I'm assuming everyone here owns more than one bali at a time

13. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Jerry, Im not sure why on earth youd ever respond to that trollbait lol.

HOM designs and other companies will continue to support the balisong community with products and community related efforts, of that much I am certain.

anyone who loves balisongs, would want more balisongs and more activity in this market... not less by the loss of anyone who is making products to satisfy the growing demand in this segment, especially those doing so, so competently.

14. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

not at all,not at ll....
    i merely pointing out that BM does not interested taking money from schoolkids by making a product that does not have a good selling record ....balisongs are not very popular among knife enthusiasts no mater how much the schoolkids think it is...
    Balislinger is on crack again....

15. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

This may have been addressed but do we know if January 3rd is a product drop or if just the specs/information about the new line that will be released?

^really looking forward to seeing new sh!t.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  16. Linos

Most likely will be ready for the Shot Show

17. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Stallion Rooster JDBA Official Member

I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I sure hope they don't put a stupid price on it.

18. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

For some reason I thought Balislinger was a long time member. Didn't realize it was a troll with only a handful of posts!

I'm pretty excited for the Benchmade release myself. Though I've never had to use their wonderful lifetime warranty :)

19. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Maybe balislinger forgot to use the new "sarcasm" emoticon. :ropeman: :devilcorn:

20. Linos

no,,he is not the same person i know who Jerry think he is...he is not