1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbors From Hell

22MEANTXGUNS22 Jun 17, 2013

1. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

My friend, his wife and I got a sweet deal on a two story house back in December of 2011 and decided to take full advantage of it as it was more spacious and private than an apartment. It's totally awesome, they got the first floor bedroom with a walk in closet and I got an entire second floor to myself. Needless to say we were enjoying the rush of independent living and we could do all the stuff we couldn't do because our parents would give us the old "as long as you're under our roof" routine. However, this feeling of freedom has been short lived and essentially ruined by one thing: Our neighbors seem to have a very strong hatred towards us even though we never did anything to them. They consist of an elderly couple, their daughter who is a very obnoxious drunk, and her teenage son. Here is a list of the things we have endured almost from the get go since moving here :

They harass my friend's wife for being a working woman and not being a stay at home housewife type. We literally have to stay out there and watch her leave because they go outside to yell at her. They also accuse her of being promiscuous and trashy for living with two men even though she is married to my friend.

Anytime we have get togethers or BBQ's, they will set up lawn chairs, watch us the entire time, call the police, and then when the police pass by, loudly demand they take away our beer and make all our friends go home. (We are all twenty five and over by the way).

Anytime I walk my dogs, they come out and accuse me of using them for dog fighting which is not only a lie, but insulting to me as they are total softies. They then threaten to either poison or shoot my dogs if they ever go on their property.

The daughter is an out of control drunk who often screams and shouts at her son and parents when she's had too much to drink, when she gets real mad she starts throwing beer bottles at other houses and vehicles. I've already lost count of the number of times we've had to go out and make sure we swept pieces of glass out of our drive way to avoid possibly getting a flat tire if we leave.

They have made repeated attempts to call police and accuse us of things that are not true, including vandalism, selling drugs, backyard dog fighting, threatening their grandson, and trespassing.

They harass my friend and I for skateboarding on our own driveway and on the sidewalk/street and have even been told by police officers that if we are on our own driveway and on public sidewalks we aren't committing any crimes, yet still accuse us of "being up to no good" when we are just skating and cutting loose after a long week of work.

If we maybe go a little longer than usual cutting our grass, they will come over, repeatedly ring our doorbell and bang on our door, then when we answer, they will forcibly grab us, pull us outside and demand to know why we haven't cut our grass yet. They even go so far as to do the same thing with other neighbors and tell them to get us to cut our grass.

Every time they call the police on us and the police tell them that we aren't doing anything wrong, they then turn it around and accuse the police of being part of some conspiracy and even imply they are taking bribes from us. They then "school" these poor officers by telling them about "laws" that don't even exist, except maybe in their minds. (eg, skateboards are "illegal" to own, it's "illegal" to drink on a porch, it's "illegal" to have friends over past a certain hour, etc etc).

Last but not least, and to me this is the real capper to all of this, like none of the other things would be that bad if it weren't for this, but they have several pitbulls and a small yard. They are miserable and aggressive and they have made several attempts to break into my backyard and attempt to attack my dogs and cats. The main reason we got this place was because of the backyard being big enough for them to run around and play in and now they're prisoners in their own home and won't go outside unless I go with them because they're scared. So far I've been able to stop any potential attacks on my pets but I feel so bad for them because they refuse to go outside and when they do, they seem real scared and will actually start crying if I stray too far from them. We have been left with no recourse but to alter our work schedules so that someone is always home to let them in and out and stay with them when they go outside to play or go potty.

Well, OK, I know this was way too much information but I just needed to vent. When we saw how nice this house and street was we never imagined running into trouble like this. Has anyone else here ever had to deal with weird and angry neighbors before ? Oh, and in case you all want to suggest fucked up forms of revenge, bear in mind they are elderly which is the only reason my friend and I are trying to have as much restraint as possible. We are both quintessential "Grandma's Boys" so we wouldn't do anything to hurt them or distress them but at the same time, what could possibly make them hate us so much ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    exile82187 and BaByGoTtHeRuNz like this.
  2. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

Man, that's fucked up. When I lived with my parents we had a couple asshole neighbors. One guy had a rottweiler that would give Cujo a run for his money. Every time it saw one of us in the yard it would go ballistic and try to break the flimsy ass clothes line it was tied to and get into our yard. Luckily, he skipped town before that thing killed someone. But we never had to put with anything like what you have to. I can't imagine what it's like living next door to that.

As far as the elderly couple goes, it sounds like they could have some sort of dementia. My grandmother has had it for a while now and and some of her behavior sounds awfully similar to that which you described, although not to that extent. But what do I know? I'm not a doctor.

As far as a possible solution, I don't know what to tell ya other than good luck, and don't let the bastards break you.

22MEANTXGUNS22 likes this.
  3. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

First thing is to keep a log of each and every incident.

Next is to get a Lawyer or petition the DA.

Anything to do with their animals , make sure you call the local Animal Control, whatever title they go by, and document it as well.

It's documentation and follow up, that will help you resolve this and at the same time provide your contestable side in anything legal that may arise.

Do not take their bait, nor interact unless there are non biased witnesses around, such as police.

Never go on their property or challenge/threaten them.

Just use common sense and all should work out...

4. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

:ropeman:No wonder you got a sweet deal!

5. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

This is sound advice. Paper Trails are quite damning over time.

File Reports, keep records of the names of individuals that you deal with, maintain contact with them and be respectful/decent at all times.

If the neighboUrs are the type to let their dogs into the house, little pieces of Chocolate Ex Lax scattered about their yard make wonderful Doggie Treats.

6. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

fill your cars gas up,
    run a hose from your tailpipe into one of their windows at night,
    just sayin:ropeman:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    GEEZER likes this.
  7. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Documenting everything is very sound advice, for sure. Must do this.

I might also see if other neighbourhood folks also have problems. This might help your cause.

But it sounds like you are in the right, and that you are the ones that should be calling the police first.

That also might help your cause in this regard. Maybe you can get some of this other behavior on video?

obi

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  8. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Just clean your gun in the front yard for a couple of hours... I am kidding.

I don't know man sounds like they just want to be difficult. I would think the police would know what is going on if they have been over several times and saw that they are batshit insane. The best thing is just to ignore them. You definitely don't want to provoke them but you shouldn't give up your rights. Is there a homeowner committee type deal? They might be able to help you.

That is why I loved living in the country. My neighbors were at least 100 yards away and everyone knows to mind there own business. People are really friendly but they don't tolerate people butting into their life like that up in Appalachia.

9. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Since these people have a Long Track Record of calling the Police with False Complaints You need to hire an Attorney and tell him that you want to explore a Criminal and/or Civil complaint using Section 42.07 of the Texas Penal Code.

If he thinks you have grounds - Peruse it.

Don't bother Warning the Neighbor or Threatening to take this action.

Just take it.

It is obvious that they feel that they are above the law and obviously Deranged as a Family unit.

Any Money you end up investing with the Attorney might be money well spent in attempting to gain some level of peace in your lives.

Just My Humble Opinion.

Mike

10. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

This .

Take full advantage of their homeowners policy with a stiff civil action..........there might be enough there to buy a bigger house. :bwah::bwah: If someone knocked on my door and physically grabbed me , I would have no choice but to defend myself.
    Lawn or not.
    They are obviously , if you don't mind Mike , fucked in the head.
    That needed to be stated in the clearest possible terms.
    And even if the homeowners doesn't kick in , I am guessing that a couple of judgements and liens against them and their property would go a long way towards civilizing them. Video of the drunken cunt would be damning evidence in such a proceeding.....but harassing your Buddy's Wife on her way to work on a daily basis would be some compelling footage as well. Plus they would have a screaming shit attack if they saw you filming them. Hell , just go to Goodwill and get an old Beta or VHS camera......it doesn't even have to work. :bwah::bwah: I could push their buttons legally for weeks just to let them know how it felt. But making them pay with green dollars would be the best revenge of all.

11. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Have I got a lawn guy for you ! :ropeman:

He goes by the name of "Stevie" :ross:

12. Boogerball

Boogerball My posse's on Broadway Brigade Member

now you know why. :bwah:

13. tubtar

I have had neighbors of virtually every stripe...from super nice elderly , to arrogant douche bags to nosy shit heads to a couple lesbians who thought every day was cinco de cunto day or what ever the fuck they celebrate. And that was in an apartment below me and I had to get up early for work.....when I went. lol
    But there wasn't a one I couldn't break.
    If it gets too bad , talk to your roomies and consider contracting the job out.
    You keep the video for future resale and all results are guaranteed. :thumbsup:

14. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

I've had plenty of nightmare neighbors, and am sure I’ve been a nightmare neighbor too, long ago. I'm going to be 100% honest, so please don't take some of my reply as being insulting to you, it's just me being objective. I'm going to try to help you win this war, even if you lose a couple more battles. OK, first off, you ask: why do they hate you? Assuming you're both white, I'll leave race out of it. If you're not, that could always be a factor. You're young (mid-20s), you're covered in tattoos (balis & knucks etc), and you have parties/BBQs with a bunch of other young people that consist of socializing, drinking, smoking, music? maybe 420 at times? Here's what you said upon moving in:
    Maybe some of those things weren't as considerate as you might think, from your neighbor’s viewpoint? You guys skate in the drive and out front. Skating can be a LOUD pastime (I know, I skated for 3 yrs). Ollies (and the like) land loud, as do kick-flips, etc, not to mention you naturally talk a bit louder when skating to compensate for the wheel noise. Consider this older couple experiencing all this for the first few weeks. What was their last neighbor like? Quiet? Old maybe? You guys came in and they probably felt like they got invaded! It always helps to see things from the other side of the fence. Now, I'm not taking their side. These old neighbors of yours are WAY out of control and being total dicks, I just wanted to keep this objective & answer your question. Let's run down your list to combat any future BS from them, as best one can legally, so you and your roommates can get back to life, as we know it.
    As someone else wrote, your neighbors are probably the main reason for this "sweet deal"
    Targets identified. The weak link is the drunken daughter; she’s the key to victory. Keep your eye on that teenager, with a drunken mom, it’s only a matter of time before he starts drinking and hanging with the wrong people. They can/will make your life even more miserable as they get to be 15-16 yrs old.
    OK, but you have to start fighting your side of this battle, and Bill T & Mike S both gave good advice. Here’s mine (I shortened/numbered your list but didn’t add txt). My solutions are in bold/blue below each number.
    Here is a list of the things we have endured since moving here

1. They harass my friend's wife …they go outside to yell at her. They also accuse her of being promiscuous and trashy
    Technically this is harassment and possibly creating a public disturbance. The key to some of this BS stopping is you working with your local PD. More on that below.
    2. Anytime we have BBQ's, they will set up lawn chairs, watch us the entire time, call the police…
    It’s a free country, but I’m sure the PD is sick of their BS too, you want the cops on your side, so just ignore them until the PD shows up, and explain your side of the story. Only talk to the PD, not to your neighbors.
    3. Anytime I walk my dogs, they come out and accuse me of using them for dog fighting.
    Just ignore them, nothing else you can do on this one
    4. They threaten to either poison or shoot my dogs if they ever go on their property.
    This is ABSOLUTELY an illegal threat and you should report it when you talk to the PD.
    5. The daughter is an out of control drunk who often screams and shouts at her son and parents when she's had too much to drink, when she gets real mad she starts throwing beer bottles at other houses and vehicles. we've had to go out and make sure we swept pieces of glass out of our driveway.
    The daughter is how you’ll get the PD on your side. You HAVE to start calling them to report these “drunken disturbances”. Yes, the PD will simply warn her the first time, but as a pattern develops, they will lose patience. You will soon get to the point where they will threaten her with arrest if they get called back (that night). Throwing beer bottles means she’s outside, that’s public intoxication as well as D&D. Even if you wake up at 3am to this BS, you have to call the PD. Like Bill said, you need documentation, and not just a notepad you guys keep at the house.
    6. They have made repeated attempts to call police and accuse us of things that are not true, including vandalism, selling drugs, backyard dog fighting, threatening their grandson, and trespassing.
    The more they waste PD resources and time, the less leeway the PD will have with them when the shoe’s on the other foot and you call the cops on them.
    7. They harass my friend and I for skateboarding on our own driveway and on the sidewalk/street and have even been told by police officers that if we are on our own driveway and on public sidewalks we aren't committing any crimes
    Again, just ignore that BS, nothing you can do so fuck em.

8. If we maybe go a little longer than usual cutting our grass, they will come over, repeatedly ring our doorbell and bang on our door, then when we answer, they will forcibly grab us, pull us outside and demand to know why we haven't cut our grass yet. They even go so far as to do the same thing with other neighbors and tell them to get us to cut our grass.
    Some of this one’s on you, at least the grass part, especially if you want your other neighbors on your side, which you do. You don’t want to be conceived as “that party house” or the house that has foot high grass in the front yard. Try to keep things fairly orderly so you stay on good terms with the rest of the street. Also, I would go to the people on the other side of this couple’s house, and maybe their backyard neighbors too. Introduce yourself and politely explain your reason for your “house call”, which is to see if anyone else is sick of them like you are. Leave your dogs & boards at home and don’t smoke. Feel them out to see if they’ve had issues too. The more people on your side, the better. Now, you were FORCIBLY grabbed? I don’t give a FUCK how old someone is, they cannot put their hands on you. You should have reported that to the PD, definitely do so if they touch anyone again. You don’t want to cause them distress, but they are out of control and need a wakeup call. Another idea is to post “NO TRESSPASSING” signs on the front/side of the house. If they come on your property, they can be arrested, especially if they’ve been warned prior to that by the PD.
    9. Every time they call the police on us and the police tell them that we aren't doing anything wrong, they then turn it around and accuse the police of being part of some conspiracy etc etc
    These people belong in a fucking rest home or FL (I know, same thing); they are out of touch with society and reality, but again, for now all you can do is tell your side of things to the PD. After hitting the PD to complain, you can tell the responding officers: "Hey, Ive talked to Sgt. So-&-So on this and filed a complaint" (see below), then briefly give them the run down. The name drop and you following the law's "rules of engagement" go a long way with most cops in this situation. Make sure your BBQs, etc don't get too noisy or run til all hours of the night, or this couple will have a legit reason to call them.

10. Last but not least…they have several pit bulls and a small yard. They are miserable and aggressive and they have made several attempts to break into my backyard and attempt to attack my dogs and cats.
    Find and mark the property line. Is the fence yours, theirs, or on the line? Fortify that shit if it’s yours. If it’s theirs, put up your own, make sure those dogs stay out. Try walking your dogs before letting them out in the yard, it will calm them down a bit. Smoke near the fence where their dogs bark, it will keep them a bit farther away. If you feel up to it, throw their Pits a milk-bone to calm them down, though be prepared to listen to the old fucks bitch at your or accuse YOU of trying to poison their dogs. Plant some thick bushes as a hedge screen so your dogs can’t see theirs. Call animal control to complain about the aggressive and unsecured Pits. You seem to own Pits too, so you know the stigma that comes with the breed. PD & animal control, and towns in general, have a low tolerance for them, use that to your advantage. Make sure your dogs have tags and are registered (if applicable) with your town.

The key to this is going to the PD, and town/city hall to complain in writing. Ask the town clerk who best to talk to, they can be helpful when they know your stuck in a BS situation like this, so explain it (briefly). Go to the PD and file a formal complaint (all 3 of you). Don’t just talk to the first guy you see, ask for the watch commander, who will be a higher ranking officer and more knowledgeable about your options. Explain your situation, esp. the threats and drunken daughter. Copy this post to MS Word (or Mac), bring it and read through the main problems. Make sure you hit the PD in the mid-morning or afternoon so they're not slammed with Fri/Sat night BS. The police can run a report to see how many calls this couple has made, and who has called the PD on them, so they'll know what they're dealing with (though they may not share this info with you). The key is to keep at it. Drunken BS? Call the cops. Bottles thrown? Cops. Threats, violence, trespassing? Cops! Cops! Cops! You wont be able to stop them from talking shit, but you will be able to put a stop to the illegal quality of life issues. It might get worse before it gets better, but so far you’ve just been turning a blind eye to this BS. You need to fight fire with water, and with your neighbors, the town, and the police on your side, hopefully you can douse the flames a bit.
    Good luck man!

accurate and GEEZER like this.
  15. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

:bwah:

16. tubtar

So Corjzg , I gather you don't advocate the plastic gallon jug of sulfuric acid set on top of their car and pellet gun approach ? :bwah::bwah::bwah:

17. bluebs4

bluebs4 Average member

im not going to be very helpfull

in the time it took to write the post you could haveeeeeeee.

Hired jonny knocksville to dress up wid them old man balls and batter the old ones with them.

Put your knife to good use and fethered some sticks and placed them where the sun don't shine.

Are they renting or buying because here in the uk tennents have more rights and less respect . How are you fixed to play with them you know order pizzas super glue the door locks , childish but fun and efective . Fishing line on the door knocker get them at it . Have a JD PARTY :manganr:

18. bluebs4

bluebs4 Average member

Jd party

Fuck hang on no it might end in real tears when them Mormons start pulling at your tinnys beers . Any oap members who fancy reliving them good ol days . Have a bbq and cook them fuckers .

19. aBadMojo

aBadMojo Level: True Devil

Your level of confidence in Stevie, I can't help but think he may be your head lawn guy:madaddy:

20. SinCity

SinCity Dr. Strangelove

Sounds like the offspring of Hatfield's & McCoy's moved to South Texas.

But really, you mention that their harassing you, calling in false reports, committing vandalism/damage/littering etc.. And not one word of any arrests?

No one can decide without seeing the other sides story or what the cops have to say about it.
    Try this;
    http://www.judgejudy.com/submit_your_case

GEEZER likes this.