1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with crazy circumstance.

rock3r4life Dec 5, 2019

1. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

So, just got out of, "rehab" or something, not like drug rehab, rehabilitation for "cognitive issues" or something stupid like that. Essentially when I went to "rehab" I watched the news, played hangman or scrabble or whatever in a group of people who could not even comprehend the first half of this post. This was not my choice.

Now i am "back" or so they say, I'm 27 yrs old and NOT MY OWN FUCKING GUARDIAN. And. My sister/guardian has STOLEN my micro tech metalmark, which CLEARLY pisses me off, I just want my micro tech back... she gives me SO MUCH SHIT for smoking, and FREAKS TF OUT when she finds any off my old pointy things. She has stolen a lot from me, all of my firearms, my swords, what was left of my motorcycle, my car, MY LAPTOP , AND I don't even care about ANY of those at this point, just want my god damn metalmark back. Please grace me with your opinions. My clandestine skills have landed me my bm51 back, so I guess I'm not, "starving"? I could really use some input from the thoughts of people who are actually a little bit like myself.

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

It takes a lot for an adult to lose guardianship... So I cant really tell you much other than what led to you not being your own guardian?

SOCALSURF likes this.
  3. rock3r4life

I was in a coma for a bit. We all love crazy things here, I raced my '18 Yamaha R1, last race I was at THE FASTEST TRACK in north America, and crashed on the
    Fastest corner. No es bueno.

4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Now understand that I'm no legal expert, but my first move would be to talk to my Drs. Convincing them that you're capable of handling your own affairs is a step in the right direction. If your Drs. don't feel that you can handle your own affairs, you'd pretty much be pissing in the wind to continue.

Once the Drs. are convinced, talk to your guardian. If they refuse to allow you to run your own life, maybe then would be the time to contact an attorney.

YMMV... :manganr:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. Samb

Samb Average Member

Patience grasshopper.

rock3r4life likes this.
  6. rock3r4life

That's what my mom says, and I've NEVER had any, the injury just makes that quirk like 10x worse.

7. rock3r4life

I'm TRYING. However, she is literally in control of every aspect. and she has yet to call the doc or anything... I get what you're saying 100%, appreciate the thought.

8. rock3r4life

So, I WANT to start being a bladesmith, and as you might imagine she is.not.happy about that. That is my passion though, not flipping burgers or pushing carts at Walmart, i thought about quitting my old job
    (Author at Navistar, made A LOT of money) and I have some awesome ideas, and basically everything I need to begin other than a forge, steel, and presence at my "factory" of sorts.