1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Need help to source a Balisong

needler420 Feb 26, 2019

1. needler420

needler420 Little member

I am adding some cheap balisongs to my collection that I have researched and sourced. I believe these to be non clones and legit with no copyright infringement.

I missed out on the Viper Tec Cleaversong but I did grab a Viper Tec Scorpion. Viper Tec I know is USA designed and China Manufactured.

The Scorpion is.

Skeletonized Handles,T Latch for Easy Open, Zen pins, Tanto blade

[​IMG]
    Paid $31 shipped with a 20% discount code. It does say its bechmade quality but its not a clone. I think it was a good deal for $30 bucks shipped with zen pins and hardware construction not pinned.

Another knife I am after and can't find it the Boker live blades. I only seem to find the trainers in the USA. More specifically I am looking for the Magnum by Boker rainbow butterfly knife. I would like to know where I can buy one and how much are they.

2. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I don't know of a legit boker LIVE blade bali that's for sure. Unless they rebladed an official boker rainbow trainer.

3. needler420

needler420 Little member

It's the one in the video. Here is another non rainbow live blade.

4. GuItArMaN8373

If you DO find an actual boker one let me know. That'd be pretty cool to have for my collection. But only if legit.

5. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The live Boker balis are only available in Europe. Great price point for those that can get them in their countries. Remember that balisongs are illegal in most of the continent...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    needler420 likes this.
  6. GuItArMaN8373

Never seen them available on any Eu websites either, that ship only to Eu.

7. needler420

needler420 Little member

I knew they were only available in parts of Europe. And I also knew it was the real thing. How could it be a fake of something that is non existent lol. In the US we only get Boker trainers. I believe it has to do with the balisong laws. In one of the videos someone found a site that shipped to USA but never mentioned it. I haven't been able to find one.

If anyone in Europe can find the Boker rainbow one and get me a quote shipped to FL I would love you forever.

8. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Check out Lamnia and Mygoodknife.

needler420 likes this.
  9. GuItArMaN8373

I'd be interested as well.

10. needler420

needler420 Little member

Sweet that 2nd site has a lot of Boker Balisongs and they both have the black G-10 live blade. Costs about $75 shipped to USA. It actually seems good enough to be on the same level as the new bear and sons Kimura.

I was mainly interested in the Magnum Boker Rainbow butterfly one. Have been unable to find that one.

11. GuItArMaN8373

Just remember they are still made in china.

12. needler420

needler420 Little member

So are Maxace knives. Who pays $500 for Pelican still made in China.

RexRippin likes this.
  13. GuItArMaN8373

I'd read THIS from a few years back before dropping any money is all I'm saying.

14. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

"blue anodized titanium handle with G10 scales"... sounds much better than a bear and sons kimura to me.

15. needler420

needler420 Little member

But then a trade off in steels. I'd rather have the 154cm then 440c. But I'd also rather have the one that is a better flipper. Are these on washers or bushings?

It's still a good price because it's about $75 shipped for the Boker and the new Kimura is $120..

But you are getting a much inferior steel. They don't even make knives with 440c any more. That's a common steel for knives from ten years ago.

16. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nothing wrong w/ 440c. True, there are "better" options available, but 440c is still a very good steel.

17. needler420

needler420 Little member

This is the best review I could find of the Boker trainer