1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Neck Knives *OFFICIAL* Mega-Merged

Tinysd Oct 16, 2005

1. ster91b

ster91b Paloozster! Brigade Member

The flashpoint is a good neck knife. I don't think you'll have any trouble.

And I think the price is right too.

2. Per-Sev

Per-Sev Perforate & Sever

You are right I just got it today and its sweet. I put a different chain on I use some para cord and take the inside out a feed the chain through and I find this carries better and does not make any noise where it goes through the sheath and it feels better around the neck and it will still break away if you pull hard enough so its safe. This will be my EDC from now on and now my pockets can carry more things and I don't have to worry about scratching my knife handles anymore. Here's a pic for your enjoyment.

3. soulpatch

soulpatch knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I was wondering if somebody was going to mention the chain thru the paracord shell while reading these posts. I tried neck knives a few times knowing the drawbacks of just cord and finding just a chain a little uncomfortable. I bought a HAK and seen the cord over chain thing and tried it, and I now find myself wearing it all the time. I think it's just a good place to carry a small edc or emergency knife that isn't seen and isn't suspected by most.

4. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Neck Knives

Thought this might fit in best in EDC. Post your little sheath blades, or neck knives, or fixed keychain knives. I have a couple pictured with a few other odds and ends I've picked up.

sickboy

5. sbl212

sbl212 The Cool Kid

my only small fixed blade
    [​IMG]

6. jujigatame

jujigatame Slanted & Enchanted

[​IMG]

7. t.k.t.c

t.k.t.c Huge member

damn sickboy you got quite a collection of neckers. love that brock blades one in the top center..the kiridashi lookin one..fantastic

8. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

I swear that one could put an eye out just looking at the tip it's so sharp. That Brock is a crazy man! I LOVE that little one he made.

sickboy

9. Nmam

Nmam Average member

some really nice pieces there. Gonna have to upgrade mine I guess to keep up with the Devils !:madaddy:

10. elirand

elirand Israeli Devil

Best neck knife?

Hi my friends what is the favorite tactical custom neck knife that you handled or owned?
    I'm thinking about getting one for my self so... Start to share friends!

Love and peace,
    Eliran.

11. jolut

jolut Little member

I don't know if it is the best knife, but I like my Randall made Triathlete :)

12. elirand

elirand Israeli Devil

That's cool I meant indvidually best what is your best.

13. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Let's get some more neck knife talk up in here! :madaddy:

Super mega merged. (Holy crap!) :ropeman:

14. tradja

tradja Huge member

Cool!

Fairly recent shot of my neckers:
    [​IMG]
    Clockwise from upper left: Swamp Rat Swamp Warden (love), BRKT Mini Northstar in curly maple (this is the knife I was wearing when I got struck by lightning so it has sentimental value, also added mosaic pins myself), Murray Carter Modified Persian (awesome), Tom Krein Ultimate Caper with green fibermascus (very cool, but selling to feed gun fund), Murray Carter Muteki Wharncliff (now discoed, my CDT thru-hike knife), ECOS Knives (cool cheap beater)

Mostly the same crew. Murray Carter Wharncliff Brute on far right, since traded. Blind Horse Patch Knife on the bottom was certainly a cool, sharp, affordable little thing but has a new home now. Maroon mosaic MNS was my grail knife for years, but when I finally found one it was just unappealingly heavy around the neck and butt heavy in the hand compared to the same knife in maple.
    [​IMG]

Same ECOS:
    [​IMG]

Murray Carter Modified Persian on the PCT:
    [​IMG]

Modified Persian in better light, when new:
    [​IMG]

My old Camillus ArcLite CUDA necker. Nice enough, but since gone. The Swamp Warden does this niche so much better for $35 more.
    [​IMG]

Carter Muteki with what's left of a trout, Steens Wilderness, OR
    [​IMG]

...Muteki with a bigger trout. Awesome Blue Super Steel core takes a very sharp, finely toothy edge, perfect for fish:
    [​IMG]

Mini Northstar and 1 for the pan:
    [​IMG]

Carter Muteki on the end-to-end hike of the Continental Divide Trail:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...and packing a pie out of a resupply in Pie Town, New Mexico:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
  15. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

its really tiem for me to make a batch of kneckers again

16. Frstr8

Frstr8 First Rate JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bonkhead

bonkhead Little member

My city knife, a BRKT necker.

I also have a couple of Izulas (I & II) for more abusive work. All of these are back pocket knives for me. brkt necker.jpg

18. xiuxiu1313

xiuxiu1313 Average member

Mission Critical Tools Chaos Claw Neck Knife: Quick Look (video)

This is a quick unboxing of the new Chaos Claw by Aaron Harris.This is all titanium with a carbide infused edge and features the Nebulus finish (not sure if I'm digging it or not). Sorry it took so long to get the damn thing out, didn't know it would be double packaged.

Let me know what you guys think of this guy

[YOUTUBE]xNKEXMP6TIM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  19. Les George

Les George George Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with or without scales, 3V, flat ground... :manganr:

Parker likes this.
  20. Frstr8

Frstr8 First Rate JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member