1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Nathan Dewey Balisongs (NTD) idea thread

Nathan Dewey Mar 17, 2015

1. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

It's no secret that I make and sell a certain amount of pieces for Blade HQ. This is done to reduce my waitlist and to make steady income. I do things in batches and at any given time I'm working on atleast 2 projects in different stages, possibly 3. This fills up the down time and is more efficient than doing one project all the way through.
    I aim to make money, I aim to make Blade HQ money, and I aim to provide high quality pieces at reasonable pricing for those who want them. Here's some of my portfolio:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Like I said I do things in batches with the intent of trying to improve the product with each batch and to provide variety. Each piece from BHQ comes with a signed and dated warranty card and spare hardware. I expect my knives to be used, but not abused.

What would you like to see?

2. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Would love to see more deviants, really want one of those :thumbsup:

3. FlipperDeluxe

FlipperDeluxe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Great work! Cant wait to get my hands on one. :thumbsup:

4. FlipperDeluxe

FlipperDeluxe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

5. hulkblud

hulkblud JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Maybe some stainless steel gremlins, I like having a little extra weight on an Edc.

6. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

More like this in this weight range. I personally find this is your best bali yet.

[​IMG]

7. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

That's the coolest I've seen!

8. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

^^^^This.

(I have yet to own one of your creations, (so pardon my chiming from the peanut gallery), but from what I have seen on here and seen on BladeHQ, I think this one is my favorite so far, and would be a great base or starting point to diverge from. (Such as ano, drilled holes, or milled holes, etc...)

9. f33lg00d

f33lg00d JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Id like something with g10 handles, steel liners- 2 instead of 4, carbon steel spacers, carbon steel blade.
    Ooh and multicolor handles! I think it be cool if you did like a kinda imtation bolster look with one color g10 in the middle and anoter on the two ends.

Love you work nathan, keep on truckin!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  10. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

^^ I've never seen this before, and I would love to see these for sale at BHQ. Beautiful blade :devilwag:

Also, I would like to see a weehawk tanto blade Gremlin. Preferably with black G10. I think it would look great with the small design

11. Beatingusilli

Beatingusilli Little member

Awesome Worx!

I really lixe the one on BHQ now..! Dewey Cox.jpg

12. Nathan Dewey

thank you sir, last time I checked there's 3 of them.
    for anyone on the fence, here's some more info:
    pb bushings for pre-set play(not free flowing tightened all the way)
    These were designed to be "purpose-built" flippers at 4.7-4.8 ounces.
    the handles are finished in an "orange peel" which was then buffed to resist oxidation and give a soft, grippy feel.

Also, it's worth mentioning that bhq wants to clear the current stock before ordering more pieces, as is the nature of a retailer.

For a future build, I pitched them ALL Titanium handle deviants (3/16" ti spacers, approx handle thickness 1/2"), so basically the same knife but with a little more weight and a little more cost (approx. $450) What do you get?
    5/32" 154cm steel blade
    ti slabs and ti spacers
    t-latch
    pb washers
    extra screws
    warranty

Remember that everything is a work in progress and future plans are subject to change.
    Have a nice week

13. Nathan Dewey

I got the go-ahead for 3 deviants.
    The only changes atm will be a removable pocket clip and MAYBE using thinner stock (1/8" blade, 5/32" spacer). This will make it a little thinner but closer to an ideal weight.
    I'm getting pretty darn close to what I have envisioned for some time now.
    Thank you all for your patience and interest!

14. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

The proto I have is about 5 ounces which is the heaviest knife I got, yet it has the most swing and the fastest flipping speed soooo keep doing that, great weight and speed plus very smooth:thumbsup:

15. Nathan Dewey

I just finished the latest batch of deviants (3)
    Should send them out friday.

16. Nathan Dewey

different camera
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

17. McKayG

McKayG Little member

They look darn good man! Maybe someday I'll be able to afford one of your pieces, they look great and I imagine flip great as well.
    Btw all titanium would be legit as well!

18. Nathan Dewey

update:
    They were delivered on the 3rd but haven't been put up yet due to a large stock that needed to be cataloged first. They're busy people over there.
    I have some extra parts and I'm toying with the idea of doing a one-off.

19. Nathan Dewey

20. StingyJack81

StingyJack81 Huge member

Halloween Bali..... MR. NATE

005.jpg

Nathan did an AMAZING job with my Halloween Bali!!!! He is higher than Top Notch in my book!!! Thanks again, Brother!!!:samhainevil: