1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
?

What is your favorite steel?

1. D2

2. Melted spoons

3. M390

4. Valerian

5. Elmax

6. Iron

7. Cts-xhp

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

My new Elite Outfitting Solutions/eos Serpent balisong (Nagini) w/ cts-xhp, LOVE IT/her! so much. More than any other I've owned; Microtech Metalmark w/elmax, new Kimura w/154cm, Alpha beast w/154cm(I think), BM51 w/D2 and 51/D2/flyti, Bear and sons w/1095, though the 51 w/ flyti DOES come close, the steel is what tips the scales. Xhp is like space age shit.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Sculptedbd likes this.
  2. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Doesnt make a difference unless u cut something with it besides that 1095 and d2 are not stainless. There are pros and cons to all steels

3. rock3r4life

Agreed, partially; I am equal parts alchemist and blade lover, so the makeup of the alloying components makes a difference to me. Be it true, be it skin deep, be it fantastical; what I do care about is the fact that, in chemistry, if you put too much or not enough of some compound, agreeable or disagreeable things may happen: add iron to carbon and you get steel. Add potassium nitrate to carbon and you get gunpowder. Add chromium to iron and you get stainless, etc etc.

4. Flip Tripper

Flip Tripper Huge member JDBA Official Member

Mother fucker :blahblah: What's up with that knife duel!! :doublefu:

rock3r4life likes this.
  5. rock3r4life

Well technically speaking, just saying d2 Is not stainless is correct, but it does not give justice to the FACT that it DOES have a lot more chromium, which DOES help fight "staining" similar to how you putting a k&n intake on your car will make it "faster" little things add up.

6. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

D2 yes is almost stainless but its not and is just average at everything not sure why its so popular hype im sure cpm3v much better like i said every steel has its pros and cons just depends on what attribute your looking for simple as that. Your analogy makes no sense weather you believe it or not. i feel DUMBER reading it...

7. blackmetal1181

And alot more chromium than what other carbon steels so what, you have a shitty stainless then mr "chemist"

8. rock3r4life

Well then my mission is accomplished. Good day to you sir.

9. rock3r4life

Well go take an auto class, perhaps it would make more sense then.

10. blackmetal1181

Your a moron

11. rock3r4life

It make sense if you understand automotive; a k&n air filter is a higher premium, a bit better over tolerances, a LITTLE better air flow, just better. In order to improve power/speed/mpg you need to make it easier to combust: More clean air, less clogging (why a lot of cars are turbocharged now) more fuel with finer atomization (why direct inject is a thing) and finally the spark. No spark, no go (we have top spec ignition systems)

12. rock3r4life

You're in need of grammar school.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  13. blackmetal1181

What about exhaust more air in meens more air out i get what your feeble mind is trying to say but im saying it is a stupid analogy. Im just saying:bangdesk:

14. rock3r4life

All of my analogies ARE stupid, I never claim them to be perfect, I do expect people to interpret missing or incorrect things, similar to your use of your incorrectly, when the context required "you're"
    I stated that not to offend, simply to make this point. A risky investment, if you will.

The reason I infer people's perception capabilities is possibly because I have too much hope in society. I act as if others are ready to play. Dont take life so seriously, after all, you're just going to end up dead. We are all the same part of the compost heap.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    woodlander and Jim L. like this.
  15. rock3r4life

Finally got some ├╝ber grit wetstones, nice and shiny edge now; just pissed all of my pics (and it is very hard to get a good picture of the edge) are too big to upload

Jim L. likes this.
  16. Logan1832

Logan1832 Little Member

A few of my favorite steels include 204P , M390 , S90V and S30V. I much prefer a good stainless steel over carbon and tool steels.