1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

NAA 22Mag revolvers: anyone?

CDR_Glock Apr 8, 2013

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I had read there were issues trying a 22LR through a 22Mag. It doesn't apply to revolvers? Is it pretty much like a 357 is to a 38?

2. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well here's what I know....

Traditionally .22 Magnum rounds, shot through a combo barrel (like the Ruger, Colt, and NAA I posted) are more accurate then a .22 lr trough the same barrel. Its all about bullet diameter; the .22 Magnum is a better fit in the barrel then the .22 lr.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  3. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Exactly. The cylinders swap out, so the 22mag is not the same cylinder as the 22lr, but they share the barrel. The 22lr is .223 inch in diameter and if I recall properly the 22mag is .224 inch across.

You're not gonna get match-grade groups out of this little shooter, so there is really no reason to worry about that extra thousandth of an inch. It's all minute of beer can with these little guys.

Come to think of it, it seems pretty silly that this is the case.....why the heck didn't they just make a 22lr longer instead of screwing with the entire package?

4. BlueSkyJaunte

BlueSkyJaunte waster of perfectly good steel

I call mine my Verizon gun.

I.e., stick it in the goblin's ear and ask "Can you hear me now?"

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

My mouse guns.[​IMG]